Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    The quality of Life gains from early orbs are nice, and it's a solid increase. The 2 piece is also nice from a QoL standpoint. I'm extremely happy with these bonuses, they cannot always be better then last tiers and the stat upgrades will be worth it. There's no reason to be upset, or attempt to insult others who may or may not understand this.
    How difficult is it to get an orb? It's really not that bad right now to keep dots up with shadow empowerment all the time and still have good uptime on mind blasts. What QoL are you gaining from the 2pc? That you don't take backlash damage? That's been a fairly important shadow mechanic from time-immemorial - yes it's annoying that on some fights like Chimaeron and Baleroc we can't execute - but you can on things like Halfus if you wait to see the damage after the first hit and gauge before you do it again.

The DPS gains from both bonuses are marginal - despite what so many people seem to think, an increase on an execute range only ability with a cooldown means you don't actually cast many of these per fight anyways - so while it's a big increase - it's very small averaged over the fight (and that's how dps works). By contrast the 4pc will a) massively over-generate orbs and see only a marginal benefit from the orbs generated - and more importantly - Negate the benefit of existing orb procs. Let that last bit sink in - all the benefit from all the orbs you currently generate need to be subtracted from the already small percent of orbs this 4pc generates that actually have an effect on target (the first 3 procs per mind blast cooldown). Take that into account and from a dps standpoint this is probably the worst set bonuses of the expansion for us - I don't think the trivial QoL benefits compensate for that - and I know most people aren't seeing what I'm seeing. While we can't do precise math until we have the PTR build up, it doesn't take a degree in logic to figure out a fairly accurate approximation.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2011-09-28 at 11:36 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    Loving that 2pc. Not only does our execute get a huge damage increase, but we no longer risk killing ourselves on fights with heavy raid damage/DPS gimmicks? Gimme gimme!

4pc bonus honestly seems kinda...meh, especially compared to that of T12.
    yay i can safely SW on baleroc! :P

---------- Post added 2011-09-28 at 07:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    How difficult is it to get an orb? It's really not that bad right now to keep dots up with shadow empowerment all the time and still have good uptime on mind blasts. What QoL are you gaining from the 2pc? That you don't take backlash damage? That's been a fairly important shadow mechanic from time-immemorial - yes it's annoying that on some fights like Chimaeron and Baleroc we can't execute - but you can on things like Halfus if you wait to see the damage after the first hit and gauge before you do it again.

The DPS gains from both bonuses are marginal - despite what so many people seem to think, an increase on an execute range only ability with a cooldown means you don't actually cast many of these per fight anyways - so while it's a big increase - it's very small averaged over the fight (and that's how dps works). By contrast the 4pc will a) massively over-generate orbs and see only a marginal benefit from the orbs generated - and more importantly - Negate the benefit of existing orb procs. Let that last bit sink in - all the benefit from all the orbs you currently generate need to be subtracted from the already small percent of orbs this 4pc generates that actually have an effect on target (the first 3 procs per mind blast cooldown). Take that into account and from a dps standpoint this is probably the worst set bonuses of the expansion for us - I don't think the trivial QoL benefits compensate for that - and I know most people aren't seeing what I'm seeing.
    on the difficulty of getting an orb, sometimes i go a good 20 seconds without getting one, which really sucks, it doesnt happen incredibly often, but it happens, i see this as being a shadow priest version of the ret talent Zealotry, which will do us good

Signature by Kenz

10+ Year Old Account
    what would people's thoughts be to keeping the 2 piece as is, turning Masochism into like a 2minute CD to produce a single orb or something to remove that slightly inconvenient beginning of fight orb deficit, and turn the 4 piece into something like Mind Blast has a 15% chance to increase your spell power by 20% for 15 seconds or something along those lines. just thinking atm.

Deleted
    I could also very well live with the say 500- 600 haste other classes are getting but the 2set is ok, I feel like i was almost never able to use SW in Fl to one ore another reason ...

Ok on the 4 set piece.

The tier 11 adds +25% to mind blast if your target has all the dots on it. Okay that is good.

Now considering one orb equals about how much dmg to your mindblast considering the new gear and higher mastery in the deathwing raid? At around 30% maybe? I know there are times where I don't have 3 orbs up by the time I get back to being able to cast mindblast. Now we'll have 3 orbs stacked pretty much every time we mindblast. I think this will account for the dmg lost from not have the 4 set tier 11 even when it adds 25% tacked on when we have the three orbs already up. I think overall it's going to be an increase in dmg.

Now... it isn't as great as people think it is who don't play priest, but at the same time it's a bit of an increase and overall better I would say. Who knows really though until it goes to be actually tested.

Deleted
    I think the 4 pc bonus is the way blizzard wanted to buff our single target dps without improving our multidotting, since it's easier to us getting more orbs when we multi dot. So nothing changes when we multidot because we always have 1 orb at least when we cast MB, but on single target this doesn't happen sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalang View Post
    Ok on the 4 set piece.

The tier 11 adds +25% to mind blast if your target has all the dots on it. Okay that is good.

Now considering one orb equals about how much dmg to your mindblast considering the new gear and higher mastery in the deathwing raid? At around 30% maybe? I know there are times where I don't have 3 orbs up by the time I get back to being able to cast mindblast. Now we'll have 3 orbs stacked pretty much every time we mindblast. I think this will account for the dmg lost from not have the 4 set tier 11 even when it adds 25% tacked on when we have the three orbs already up. I think overall it's going to be an increase in dmg.

Now... it isn't as great as people think it is who don't play priest, but at the same time it's a bit of an increase and overall better I would say. Who knows really though until it goes to be actually tested.
    you do not get a shadow app every 6 sec, so it wont be every MB.

Quote Originally Posted by Constantino View Post
    you do not get a shadow app every 6 sec, so it wont be every MB.
    Lots of fight in 4.3 will recquire lots of movements.. so yea you'll most likely get 3 orb every mb you cast.

The 4 part 13 relies on the shadowy app rng, but it's better than the current crit rng to get an orb. When you start a fight or even in burst phase and you dont get a single orb you really cry.. really.
    Last edited by Lowskillz; 2011-09-29 at 09:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowskillz View Post
    Lots of fight in 4.3 will recquire lots of movements.. so yea you'll most likely get 3 orb every mb you cast.
    I can assure you that you wont have have 3 orbs ready for each mind blast you will be casting on the boss encounters of tier 13. Even with an interval of 6.5+ mb cast time, is it still RNG based, and the chance to proc a apparation is low.
    However I can I agree that you have to screw something up really badly if you fail at keeping empowered shadows up.

So they took the easy way out of the t13 2p bonus:

Shadow, 2P -- Shadow Word: Death deals an additional 55% damage, and reduces the damage you take from your own Shadow Word: Death when the target fails to die by 95%.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    So they took the easy way out of the t13 2p bonus:

Shadow, 2P -- Shadow Word: Death deals an additional 55% damage, and reduces the damage you take from your own Shadow Word: Death when the target fails to die by 95%.

Any thoughts?
    Don't see anything wrong about it? They fixed it so it works with masochism, it's a great 2p bonus.

Woo! They fixed the 2set, yay! Now I'm perfectly content with the shadow bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorend View Post
    Don't see anything wrong about it? They fixed it so it works with masochism, it's a great 2p bonus.
    Yes, but I was kinda hoping for somethign little funnier that a better burst at the end of a boss

Deleted
    Actually a little wound up by Blizzard. We've highlighted these issues since 4.0 and they're only getting addressed now, in the form of half-assed set bonuses. While it is the end of an expansion and neither of us know what 5.x holds; it's fustrating it's taken to the very end of an expansion, implemented in a pretty poor way and they still don't recognise the priest community and what we need.

For instance; a pretty core talent being Masochism was left null for a good while after announcing set bonuses untill changed to 95% damage reduction from SW. Why wasn't that even thought of? Surely Blizzard run through game changes/implementations with class leaders. It just shows poor acknowledgement.
    Same instance for the "useless" holy bonus..

There are countless issues Blizzard have chosen to delay fixes and/or ignore for unreasonable ammounts of time this expansion for our class and probably others; From Sin and punishment to the issues we currently have now.

Frankly I'm quite sick of it. However greatful I am for these "Quality of life" set bonuses; I'm pretty annoyed with their attitude towards it. But hey I'm a WoW addict and they know I'm not going anywhere.

Just to skim the 4-set too; RNG on RNG (Apparitions) Cool story. Dropping Emp shadows mid fight can be almost as annoying as at the start, or in intense AoE phases as Mind sear hits for a wet noodle without it. Seriously, we need an on use cooldown for an orb and that's it. No GCD, every 45 seconds or so. If I were to have my cake and eat it, empowered shadows would be passive while orbs only affected mind blast and the crew.

Rant over, FFFffuuuuu

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad Blizzard fixed the 2p issue, bit dull but great overall.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Honko View Post
    what would people's thoughts be to keeping the 2 piece as is, turning Masochism into like a 2minute CD to produce a single orb or something to remove that slightly inconvenient beginning of fight orb deficit, and turn the 4 piece into something like Mind Blast has a 15% chance to increase your spell power by 20% for 15 seconds or something along those lines. just thinking atm.
    Not being able to damage yourself with SWD also has some pvp problems if anyone wants to use their 2pc in PvP.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fairly elegant fix, should work out.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

The 2p T13 bonus is a direct replacement for our current 2p T12 bonus from a mana regen standpoint. I really believe that Blizzard will raise the % bonus damage from 55% until it has a slightly higher DPET than Mind Flay and gets a spot in our spell priority list above 25% target HP.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    well i'm glad to see that the 2piece was fixed. the 4 piece still bothers me a bit, i mean there are times now when the RNG gods reign down on me in a bad sense, and jam a bunch of orbs proc between a MB cool-down and effectively an orb or 2 goes to waste. i predict this is going to increase the amount of orbs that i "waste" in essence.

Deleted
    Ever since i saw this i was wondering if the start rotation would change to shadowfiend > MS + MB off cd until the little tyke runs out of gas? Fights with early use of BL especially