Deleted
    Before someone brings it up, I guess I will.
    Colin: Yeah, I guess the trailer shows more than one, huh. They may play into the game and some of the gameplay of Guild Wars 2, but there are no mounts in Guild Wars 2. You can’t have an airship as a mount on initial release, but mounts will play into some of the gameplay in the game.
    Colin's answer on airships, where he also talks about "mounts". When he says "mounts" it doesn't mean mounts as in WoW style. Speculation from this interview is he either 1. It's a typo/He meant to say airships, 2. There will be something like the Siege Devourers from EotN, where you could "mount" them, and use them in battle.

I get banned and come back and there's a dedicated GW2 forum whaaaaat?? I guess I should troll idiots more often, it makes good things happen! I'm selfless like that.

Obviously the 8th profession is a Sandwichmancer, as confirmed by Colin.

Honestly I've never been a huge fan of TB, but his videos for the Cataclysm beta and so far covering GW2 at the conventions have been great.

What is the Sylvari home instance like and whats going on in there personnel story?

GuildWars2PvP.com released an article today detailing (some speculating) the classes, roles, builds and strategy used by ArenaNet at Gamescom. It's a little bit late now, but a good read none-the-less.

http://guildwars2pvp.com/2011/09/tea...ts-pvp-builds/

Interesting to see that Rangers were used quite a bit in their team builds. As someone who enjoyed Rangers from GW that encourages me. I hope their pet revamp goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Interesting to see that Rangers were used quite a bit in their team builds. As someone who enjoyed Rangers from GW that encourages me. I hope their pet revamp goes well.
    Lots of Necromancer love too. Of course, I didn't read it all since I'm quite tired at the moment but I imagine I'll fare well if that's any indication of how the class performs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plagous View Post
    GuildWars2PvP.com released an article today detailing (some speculating) the classes, roles, builds and strategy used by ArenaNet at Gamescom. It's a little bit late now, but a good read none-the-less.

http://guildwars2pvp.com/2011/09/tea...ts-pvp-builds/
    I hate how the warriors in the set ups have pretty much the exact same build
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

I have a petit question! I was wondering about the concept of naming. I saw from all the Demo videos, that you can use just one word for your character, example: John. However, in Guild Wars the system was a first and last name, example: John Smith. How is the naming system going to work? I really hope for a first and last name!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I hate how the warriors in the set ups have pretty much the exact same build
    Doesn't surprise me, really; hammer offers a lot of battlefield control, and swords/horns offer a lot of mobility. The secondaries are also no-brainers when it comes to group support and personal survivability.

It does sadden me, too, though, that this will likely represent the "cookie-cutter" standard for the PvP Warrior - and anyone rolling differently will be shunned.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Doesn't surprise me, really; hammer offers a lot of battlefield control, and swords/horns offer a lot of mobility. The secondaries are also no-brainers when it comes to group support and personal survivability.

It does sadden me, too, though, that this will likely represent the "cookie-cutter" standard for the PvP Warrior - and anyone rolling differently will be shunned.
    I'd say fuck that. I'm goin with Longsword and Longbow.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I'd say fuck that. I'm goin with Longsword and Longbow.
    Dual axes and a rifle FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcisse View Post
    I have a petit question! I was wondering about the concept of naming. I saw from all the Demo videos, that you can use just one word for your character, example: John. However, in Guild Wars the system was a first and last name, example: John Smith. How is the naming system going to work? I really hope for a first and last name!!!
    If I'm not mistaken, you can do either or.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcisse View Post
    Current alpha build naming rules:
    • Does not exceed the maximum character limit (maximum 19 characters).
    • Must use a minimum of 3 characters (a space counts as one).
    • Must use only Latin letters [a-Z] (digits are not allowed).

Meaning that John and John Smith are valid choices. Names will need to be unique globally though.
    Last edited by Plagous; 2011-09-29 at 08:26 PM.

You guys are the best! Love you all! <3

Hey guys! I have a couple of questions. Does anyone know if there will be dueling and will you have the option to choose from your characters voice? That would be cool with the character story and since your character speaks in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Hey guys! I have a couple of questions. Does anyone know if there will be dueling and will you have the option to choose from your characters voice? That would be cool with the character story and since your character speaks in combat.
    I doubt we'll get the option of different voices; depending on choices made during generation, your character's voice may take on certain characteristics or qualities that make it seem different from others of your race, but I only see those choices influencing the things your character will say in combat. I'm basing these assuptions on A-Net's shoddy character-voicing from GW1 where, for Prophecies and Factions, my Warrior was a badass voiced by Steve Blum, and then my voice actor changed for Nightfall and Eye of the North; was most disappointed with that.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    No on both, as far as I know. There's a slight chance they may implement dueling later on but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    I doubt we'll get the option of different voices; depending on choices made during generation, your character's voice may take on certain characteristics or qualities that make it seem different from others of your race, but I only see those choices influencing the things your character will say in combat. I'm basing these assuptions on A-Net's shoddy character-voicing from GW1 where, for Prophecies and Factions, my Warrior was a badass voiced by Steve Blum, and then my voice actor changed for Nightfall and Eye of the North; was most disappointed with that.
    I didn't think the voice acting was that bad in GW1. But then again the only one I've heard recently is my derivsh.

Danika was... ugh. I suggest you skip all of Factions cutscenes when playing Kurzick missions.

Anyways, I do love the dev insight they gave out on their pvp builds they used for conventions. It did seem like the way we used to analyze our gvg builds back then with discussion and tests and the countless hours on teambuilder app.

Deleted
    http://tap-repeatedly.com/2011/09/29...-guild-wars-2/

Nice review of first impressions from Tap-Repeatedly.