Whats the Worse joke you've played on a friend/family member at a restaurant? :-)

My dad will pretty much eat anything for the most part. Well one day last year when i was at his house helping him do some things when we finished he asked me if i wanted to go out to eat as a thanks for helping him, so he took me and my little cousins who helped to out to Buffet City to eat. Buffet City is a little Chinese all you can eat buffet restaurant. This restaurant has plenty of different types of Chinese/Mongolian cuisine plus a stir-fry and sushi bar too. Well none of us eat sushi even my dad, but as i was filling my plate i happened to catch a glimpse of the tub of wasabi they had at the sushi bar and so thought i test to see whether or not my dad has ever eaten it or not. So i finish filling my plate go over and crap a little paper cup full of wasabi and take it back to the table. When my dad asks me what it is i tell him its "chinese quacamole" figuring he would atleast try to taste it. Few mins pass and i get up to go get something, i forgot what it was now, i come back and this is about the time i have a spoon thrown at me with me dad cussing me out under his breath, saying crap like, " That wasnt any damn quacamole, that was some damn kind of horse radish sauce, damn you!" and things along those lines :-).I look down and see almost the entire cup of wasabi gone. My dad decided to taste it while i was away and instead of a little dab like most reasonable ppl would do, went for a giant spoonful all in one bite. I couldnt stop cracking up, and i still sometimes start laughing when i think about it whenever we go back there to eat sometimes and i ask him if he wants any "chinese quacamole".

So now im curious as to what any funny stories y'all might have played on family/friends at restaurants or group dinners or BBQs or such.

And Please keep it clean

I dont have any that I've done, but my mom left my phone number with the tip to the waiter one time... Yeah, my family is weird lol.

I don't have anything more interesting than: one time, at Steak and Shake, one friend poured that clear hot sauce they have there into another friend's drink while they were in the bathroom... The friend came back, took a drink, said it tasted funny and asked for a new one... We all had a good laugh after we explained why it tasted funny, but it isn't a very exciting story to re-tell.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-09-30 at 09:14 PM.

Deleted
    it was in spain, i was in a seafood restaurant with my parents, my aunt and uncle. i was trying to open a lobster claw by beating on it with my knife. the hostess sees me kludging and brings a nutcracker. i start beating on the claw with the nutcracker, commenting that this didn't go that much better. my uncle who sat right next to me takes over, tries to squish the claw and manages to shoot the lobster into my aunts handbag, who was sitting across from me. that was hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't do this, but I think it applies...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    I dont have any that I've done, but my mom left my phone number with the tip to the waiter one time... Yeah, my family is weird lol.
    hahaha, my grandad did same thing to me. it was some fat girl i went to school with who i hate and she hates me, this probably didnt help. but he thought on the bill would be a good place for my phone number. i never got a call though but yeah i havnt really done much

the ol`unscrew the salt shaker lid" trick.
    Needless to say my friend was pissed when he ended up with a veritable mountain of salt on his steak lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    the ol`unscrew the salt shaker lid" trick.
    Needless to say my friend was pissed when he ended up with a veritable mountain of salt on his steak lol.

i hate that! just ruins someones dinner. had it done to me at school once, lucky the lunch lady saw and replaced my meal for me, but if i payed for a meal in a restaurant i would be pretty pissed if they wouldnt get me a new steak

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't quite in a restaurant, exactly, but I once tricked a drunken vegetarian into eating a part bacon sub from subway...he said it was the best tasting subway he had had, until i told him what was in it, then he made himself vomit, >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Teroseth View Post
    It wasn't quite in a restaurant, exactly, but I once tricked a drunken vegetarian into eating a part bacon sub from subway...he said it was the best tasting subway he had had, until i told him what was in it, then he made himself vomit, >_>
    reminds me of when I was a kid. At my school there was this jewish kid who was from an very kosher, conservative etc... family.
    The kid had never had pork before.
    He tried bacon one morning and i swear..the look on his face was priceless, looked like he had found Nirvana. But then he started feeling so guilty he vomited like 2 hours later...

10+ Year Old Account
    reminds me of when I was a kid. At my school there was this jewish kid who was from an very kosher, conservative etc... family.
    He tried bacon one morning and i swear..the look on his face was priceless, looked like he had found Nirvana. But then he started feeling so guilty he vomited like 2 hours later...
    Aye, a lot of it seems to be just in their head. It boggles the mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my friends has a family that practices Judaism vigorously, and thus incredibly Kosher, he was peer pressured by myself and a few other friends to eat some bacon. He converted to Christianity due to bacon. I find it rather funny. His family hasn't spoken to any of the culprits since then, it has been 6 years.

OT: Out to eat at a decent restaurant with a few friends, one of whom is from Germany attending university in the U.S. Myself and another friend think that it would be interesting to convince Torsten (German guy) that Baked Alaska is a very traditional dish served in Alaska. So he ordered it after the meal, thinking that he was going to have a really cold treat, when it came out on fire he flipped out. The we had to explain to him that it was the equivalent of an Norwegian Omelet, he calmed down after that, but the look on his face was priceless.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Deleted
    I tricked my little sister into eating a huge mouthful of really hot chilli.
    She ran into the toilets and started rinsing her mouth out with water from the taps xD