Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    LFR in not, and will not be dead ANYTIME soon.

I know everyones heard enough of the complaining about the game being so easy, wishing times were back like bc/vanilla. Players really just missed how they would spend so much time on the game and they would get rewarded for all that time.. and people who didn't were not close to those who were in terms of gear and attunements.. but my point is.. for those people who play all day every day, <-- example, will get that feeling of vanilla/bc raiding because they will spend all day doing raids through the raid finder and getting gear and feeling that old feeling of being better than someone else and growing that massive e-peen once again.. and eventually love cata and not say it's a bad expansion that killed wow..

That's just what i think will become of the LFR tool, i can honestly say it's going to change the game forever and make it 10x better than what it is now (not saying that it sucks, just improving as time goes on).

But yea, can't wait for LFR.. as you can tell i'm quite excited about it. =)
    peace!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    ... but there is nothing you can really do if people intentionally/unintentionally mess up.
    Well you could leave the raid. I dont really see the big problem here - its (almost) like doing LFG with randoms - if you want to avoid wipes you do it with your guild. Its not like anyone is forcing you to use LFR. You are getting a new great feature, use it if you want, dont use it if you dont want to. So much complaining about situations that eventually will be something YOU decide to join - dont blame other ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    The biggest turn off for me is the lack of power given to a leader. I really don't like joining to a group where is no leader and everything is unorganized. I'd gladly join as a raid leader but there is nothing you can really do if people intentionally/unintentionally mess up.
    He will have to be the guy who knows stuff, and tell tactics, or people are going to yell and complain about him not being a leader. And letting someone randomly be leader is just stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by themortalgod View Post
    I think the vote is still out on that one. From my point of view the LFG tool is by far the worst thing that ever happened to this game. Many like it, others hate it. I miss the community aspect that TBC had that seems to have diminished. I miss 5 man heroics that actually required a little skill. I miss not having to run the same heroics everyday for an entire expansion... but then again that is just me...
    /2 Hunter looking for SL grp ... and spamming that for 3 hours minimum to get into a crap grp just from your own server that couldn't finish that place ... ah yeah i miss those days ...
    LFD is fine and a whole lot beter as what it used to be depending on what class your trying to dungeon on, the only reason you didn't run those dungeons so often back than was because it was terible to find a decent grp in trade and could litaraly take hours to find even one (obviously back than it was also easier for tank and healers ofc)

Lots of people getting angry. Take it down a notch. /soothing ocean noises
    Are you a wizard?!

Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    The essence is "Why the hell would anyone be willing to tank or heal for wipe/flamefests most of these raids will be, if they can just aswell dps, have a more relaxed time, and have exactly the same chance at exactly the same loot they would if they were tanking/healing, and if there really is no reason to tank or heal and everyone will only queue as DPS, how realistic is it to join a LFR queue and not be waiting for a few hours only to be grouped with a dk who wants to try out if dual-wield tanking really is not viable?"
    Some people actually like tanking / healing and hate DPSing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    He will have to be the guy who knows stuff, and tell tactics, or people are going to yell and complain about him not being a leader. And letting someone randomly be leader is just stupid.
    I guess this will be like the LFD leader. You can choose if you are capable of leading a group and que as leader.
    Last edited by reauxmont; 2011-10-01 at 10:52 AM.

I just find it funny how all these casuals at first claim ad nausea that the LFR was so great as they would be able to experience the content which was supposedly their number one concern, quickly devolve into "OMGZ DEY IS GONNA TAKE MAH LOOTZ", loot whore thread.

Please, seriously continue. I am getting such a kick out of all this.

Its the same as in 5mans. You can't do much about ninjaing but people will get mad and kick the player. I can see the greed/need system working and depending on the group they probably use MS>OS with vote to kick to enforce that to some degree.

Blizzard are forcing you to use LFR? Boo hoo

I like how some people think its the casuals that are whining about this. Read around, its mostly elitists that want LFR dead ASAP because they want to be unique snowflakes even though they never will be. Its an MMO brah, get over it. Now go back to "AFKing" in front of the auction house wanting attention desperately.

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Blizzard are forcing you to use LFR? Boo hoo

I like how some people think its the casuals that are whining about this. Read around, its mostly elitists that want LFR dead ASAP because they want to be unique snowflakes even though they never will be. Its an MMO brah, get over it. Now go back to "AFKing" in front of the auction house wanting attention desperately.
    I find that response so odd. Isn't calling people "snowflakes" just an indication that you really care way more about them, then they do about you, and your narrative is rather flimsy in that you have so much angst against people who raid, and you have so much energy directed at them along the guise of now being able to cheaply attain gear from the dumbed down LFR, so you can look like those who stand outisde the AH, you deem as "snowflakes."

It's pretty bizarre. That or hysteric jealousy.

Quote Originally Posted by xytech View Post
    For the ones not understanding why blizzard made it that way. Imagine a normal raid, how many times a week can you have the chance of loot? Once pr boss. It's just the same with the lfr. The reason I would guess they dont just have a lock is so people can do it multiple times for valor. So we wont need to go zandalari.
    Firstly, it's not a normal raid.

Secondly, it's not a normal raid.

Hard to understand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Well if people understood how to behave, how to join a guild, how to befriend people we would not need a raid finder mechanic.

Sadly players are mostly greedy selfish fucks who care only about their loot and not cooperating. Even moreso after the introduction of the random LFD.
    I'm sad because this could be another hit against serverwide communities, another shattering blow that will separate people even more. In a social game.

Paradox!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    Some people actually like tanking / healing and hate DPSing.

I guess this will be like the LFD leader. You can choose if you are capable of leading a group and que as leader.
    Yet the leader does cannot do anything to enforce commands/vote kick/anything

Im wondering what they will do with the tradebility of items.
    Becouse if in this system you take a 25 man guild run , then replace 1 person with another guildy for a second runaround ,give him ALL the gear and use the "trading" option to still get loot?
    Or will they block the trading option entirely? (more ninjas ftw)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Firstly, it's not a normal raid.

Secondly, it's not a normal raid.

Hard to understand?
    I bet you want this non-normal raid to drop tier gear though right?

ROFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtremerr View Post
    good thing is if some1 ninjas and it aint his ms u can just make a ticket and get the item... always set the loot rules and ur items are kinda safe if some1 ninjas it
    I think you didn't read the OP's post at all. He's talking about the LFR, which the loot rules are: Need before greed. Therefore, anyone that can need on an item, has the ability to need, regardless of MS/OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagstang View Post
    I bet you want this non-normal raid to drop tier gear though right?

ROFL.
    Tier will drop in LFR.

LFR is a dumb solution to a simple problem. If you want more people to see content you can do what countless computer games done in all genres make easy normal and hard settings. Easy setting for raid would NOT:

Give you achievements/Feats of strength
    Advance legendary quests
    Give BOEs
    Give MOUNTs
    Give Tokens

But WILL however give a small amount of valor plus lower quality gear than normal version. Elitists would be happy because achievements would not be handed out to scrubs while more people would be able to see all cinematics and cut scenes plus what exactly ragnaros does when you "defeat" him. Why can't Blizzard go this route?

I just dont get it, lets say:

You use the lfr, at least on my server pugs are still a complete failure so basically im going there to wipe a huge amount of times to MAYBE get one item and then if i have some luck i could get the same item with higher ilvl on the normal raid, so what im saying, wich is the point to go to a lfr if you cant farm the items that you will probably change the next day. Am i going to waste hours trying to kill a boss to get a loot that im going to change the next day?

PD: sry for my english, peace out.

Deleted
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...92?page=12#240

I dunno if it was alrdy posted or not, but here i go. Could be interesting for those who bitch around 2-3 months before release >.<