Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The sorrows of LFD

Need to vent, maybe you can share some stories aswell.

First of all, do you get matched with people your gear level? On my alt with not so great gear I seem to get matched with the worst players on the planet for za/zg.

Today after loads of wipes and more than an hour wasted of ZA the healer leaves because he (again) accidently died by running in trash. The new healer, just as bad in full pvp gear. On the last 2 bosses he wipes us a few times because of poor healing. On the last boss he failed on every mechanic and wiped us a few times. So I asked him if he knew what to do. Of course, no reply whatsoever.

But now explain me this. Why do these derpiderps fail at every simple task, don't speak english.. but one thing they CAN do. Roll need on everything. So of course I lost leather dps shoulders on my rogue to that terrible healer. Is 'I NEEDZ' an universal thing thateven the dumbest of dumbest can understand? RAGE.

Play other MMOs and WoW LFD groups don't seem nearly as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Need to vent, maybe you can share some stories aswell.

First of all, do you get matched with people your gear level? On my alt with not so great gear I seem to get matched with the worst players on the planet for za/zg.
    It's random.
    On my recently dinged pally (no crafts, boes, reps or VP items, only 3T11 from JP) I have been matched with a horribad group, awesome group and average group in order, with no upgrades inbetween.

You had a stroke of bad luck, it happens. Chill, relax (venting helped, I assume ) and continue playing.

---------- Post added 2011-10-01 at 01:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Play other MMOs and WoW LFD groups don't seem nearly as bad.
    Yeah. Horribads happen everywhere.

People still wipe in zandalari heroics? God, well i dont get people with same ilvl, i wish tho, but i never wipe, maybe im just lucky.

Another day of LFD horrors. I'm starting to hate this game.

Why did I get Zul Gurub 15 freaking times in a row today? Seriously how messed up is that. About 10 of them I had the honor to jump into a failing group that was halfway, which is fantastic when you need the first boss.

And why did in like 30 kills of each boss that drops an item I need. ZERO TIMES THE ITEM I NEEDED DROPPED. These bosses have 5 items in their loot table. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    People still wipe in zandalari heroics? God, well i dont get people with same ilvl, i wish tho, but i never wipe, maybe im just lucky.
    Actually, as I discovered this weekend on my fresh 85 alt, people still wipe in the normal, non-Troll heroics, too .

And why did in like 30 kills of each boss that drops an item I need. ZERO TIMES THE ITEM I NEEDED DROPPED. These bosses have 5 items in their loot table. Ugh.
    Yeah, everytime I do ZG on my main (mail wearer), I see the Plate DPS helm from panther boss. Haven't seen it on either of my Plate wearing alts that would like it.

I don't mind wiping or people making mistakes (everyone does, including me!). It's the rudeness and the poor attitudes of LFD that I can't stand. While I haven't been the target of any abuse on my alt yet, just watching how rude people can be to others is such a turn off for doing randoms. Yes, we get it, his DPS is lower than you'd like or he made a mistake.. Big freaking deal, we don't need the little performance every time of yelling, swearing, and just flat out abusing the hell out of him. Wish everyone would just calm down.

10+ Year Old Account
    But now explain me this. Why do these derpiderps fail at every simple task, don't speak english.. but one thing they CAN do. Roll need on everything.
    This made me laugh so hard for some reason. *holds cup up*

Another day of LFD horrors. I'm starting to hate this game.

Why did I get Zul Gurub 15 freaking times in a row today? Seriously how messed up is that. About 10 of them I had the honor to jump into a failing group that was halfway, which is fantastic when you need the first boss.
    I wish I can get ZG 15 times in a row (WANT WAND), but I've always alternated. In fact I can pretty much call which dungeon will I get, because it will not be the dungeon I did earlier in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    I always laugh at the "I never wipe" ppl. Everyone wipes and your post isn't helpful.

As for the original posted. You had bad luck. Groups are very dependent on Tank and Healer gear. You said your gear is not that good. Had you been a tank or healer in the same level of gear, do you think you could have handled ZA/ZG? If the answer is no, then you really can't be upset when the others can't either, yet they try. As for failing at mechanics, yea it sucks, I encounter so many people that can't spam 1-2 buttons to do their 6k dps and watch their feet, move out of stuff, kill adds, interrupt etc. Kick em, leave, or get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You stayed, and that is what is wrong.

If the group managed to do silly wipes I will just tell them sorry they are too amazing for me and leave group myself to save the hassle.

Because the challenge of playing with bad players is fun...
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

Can't you guys all wait for LFRaid finder which will be just as bad and lock you out of gear for the entire week when some one off spec needs it? I know i'm PUMPED!

LFR isnt here for equip altough. Its here to learn/see the new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    You stayed, and that is what is wrong.

If the group managed to do silly wipes I will just tell them sorry they are too amazing for me and leave group myself to save the hassle.
    My alt got into a Heroic Stonecore. We had several wipes. The first wipe was on the first boss, where finally 2 players admitted "I haven't done this before". Fine! I spent maybe 5 minutes total typing out each boss to them, including links from the Dungeon Journal. And you know what? They got every single one right first go. (We still had a couple of messy wipes on trash, but that was a combination of the Tank not being the greatest at pulling mobs and grabbing extras - mainly because he was trying to rush, and the Healer being a bit too worried about being able to roll on DPS gear, I think.)

There's something pretty cool about watching someone go from stumbling through and messing it up to pulling off each mechanic correctly, just because you took a few minutes to help him out.

I know he could have looked it up himself and blah, blah, etc, but I got my dungeon done, they appreciated the help, and now next time they go in, they'll know what to do. Everybody wins and the run was only slightly delayed.

I have a theory....

If you constantly and always have problems in LFD.....maybe the problem isn't the system....maybe its you? I mean, how else do you explain the countless numbers of people who rarely have problems in LFD?

371 I-level priest go from full to OOM on trash pulls. Tank was taking everything I had to keep alive and DPS was not even trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking For Derps.... Working as intended.
    Looking For Retards.... Who is excited for that

Be nice. Infracted - Wilderness
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2011-10-03 at 09:23 PM.

Well, I'm a tank and I chain-run heroics for gold. 362 ilvl DK.
    I've never actually noticed that someone spoke a different language, rarely wipe, and down bosses occasionally while locking the healer or a dps out. Sometimes, I'll be top dps and be beating the healz for healing on a few pulls, but as long as you are good at interrupting, you can carry the group hardcore.

Jin'do is another great example of this. It's not a dps race, so if the tank pulls the new berzerkers according to the speed the group is killing spirits/broken chains, then you can almost never wipe-even with dps doing 5k-7k dps. As a tank, you can mostly keep the spirits off of the healer too, and make their job really easy.

People who ninja shit like maelstrom crystals, however... Either they are booted or I am booted. I don't care if they are a 385 ilvl dps doing half the parties damage. We don't need them, and they are stealing money. I'm not tanking till one or the other is booted. Usually it's me who ends up getting booted, but instant cues are nice.

The only boss I can have trouble with if the group is bad is Jan'alai. Healer goes oom trying to heal all the dps standing in the fire, DPS aren't killing adds, and I end up with 200 stacks of the debuff... and then my cooldowns run out. This is the only boss I've actually had to tell people they needed to leave on because we would not get the boss down. Out of a 100 troll heroics, this has only happened twice though.

Pretty much, a few of the bosses are solo'able as a dk tank, and all but one seem doable with a dps off-healing with a half decent group. A bad group seems almost always perfectly able to clear the instances, assuming the tank is good.
    Last edited by Atomize; 2011-10-03 at 12:15 AM.

I only run with guildies now.

5 people with 380 ilvl+ makes it slightly more bearable. Even then, I only do it if I need an upgrade for farm night on Wedensday.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I have a theory....

If you constantly and always have problems in LFD.....maybe the problem isn't the system....maybe its you? I mean, how else do you explain the countless numbers of people who rarely have problems in LFD?
    I try and treat LFD pretty casually - I don't look at Recount to see who's doing low DPS so I can kick them, but I do look at how I'm doing. The thing I just absolutely cannot stand is how rude everyone is now. It's been quite some time since I did many heroics via LFD, but with a fresh alt, I need the gear and I need the Valor/Justice points, so I've been queueing up regularly. Getting Valor capped this week, I've had two groups that didn't have someone astoundingly rude in them. Keep in mind for the most part I've been doing the old heroics, so 70 per heroic for the Valor cap.

Every group had at least one person who wasn't playing particularly well or just point blank didn't know the fights at all. I can handle that fine, it's not too often that one player not doing that well can really bring a group down to the point of not being able to continue.

Sadly, though, all but one group had at least one absolute jerk in them. At one point our troll heroic went through four healers before the second boss because every single one of them had an enormous attitude problem. Not a single person in the group was rude to them, or doing anything bad enough to warrant the attitude. We had a healer start absolutely flaming one of the DPS because he made a simple mistake, once. Just one mistake was enough to warrant this healer raging at him.

Another Healer decided the tank was rubbish at pulling and ran ahead to pull his own things. (How he decided the Tank was bad, I have no idea, he'd only made a single pull at this point and hadn't wasted any time doing so.) The Tank asked him to stop, he refused and started flaming the tank. He randomly ragequit after several outbursts.

Yet another healer decided to nitpick every action by every other player in the group. Not in a helpful or constructive way, in a seriously rude way. We kicked him because he simply wouldn't shut up or leave anyone alone, even if they were fighting just fine. The whole time he was just paying the entire group out.

Another healer joined the group and instantly left.

Another healer joined and randomly went AFK, then said he was back & ready, then didn't heal anyone and we wiped. I mean he actually didn't heal anyone. He just stood there next to us until we all died.

At this point, if I was reading this post from someone else, I might think "Well obviously they were rude to the healers or something!" But no, we just had a string of bad luck which seems all the more common nowadays. Players are much, much ruder now than they were when I was doing these heroics on my main.

I was genuinely looking forward to Looking for Raid, but the prospect of doing it now just scares me. I haven't even been the subject of really any abuse, but just watching the extent of it towards other players, seriously makes this game completely unenjoyable.

P.S. Actually I accidentally lied a little - the very first heroic I did was pretty lovely, I had a really happy and excited tank that he had a fresh 85 (me) in the group, offering to do all the optional bosses (HoO) and asking me to check if I needed anything from them. That was my first and last pleasant heroic as a full LFD group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorriow View Post
    LFR isnt here for equip altough. Its here to learn/see the new content.
    What's the reson it gives better drops than 5mans then? Don't buy that slogan it's just for "casuals" to "see the content"...