Thread: LF answers

LF answers

1. Is there any way to increase the height of the world? So I could fit in larger buildings?
    2. Is there any way (easy way) to create my own multi-player world, just for me and my friend?
    3. If I'm playing in 1.8.1 or whatever current patch is, and then beta ends, will my single player map will be upgraded? To whatever new features non-beta will have.
    4. Is there any way to use /spawn command in single player? Survival mode.
    I'll add more questions here later, don't want to create new topic for ever question I have, since I have a lot.

The dimensions of the world are fixed, though the only one you have to worry about is the Z axis. Every minecraft map is something like 16 times the size of earth if you could explore it all.

I followed the guides here when I went about setting up my own minecraft server. You should be able to do it, too.

Your maps don't become updated when new features are made available. If you have a pre-1.8 map you won't have chasms, NPC cities nor strongholds. Same is true for future updates.

There may be a mod for it. The mod community for minecraft is extensive to say the least. This is a good place to look for mods, that or just google them!

Deleted
    on nr 4 you can use inventory addons like http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...nvedit-sep-30/ to create items for yourself just be sure to download the right version for the patch you have and follow the instructions its realy easy when you get a hang of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Yes, I don't know the name off the top of my head for the mod that does it though. It increases the y-height maximum
    2. Yes, download the Minecraft Server client and connect to your computers IP address inside minecraft multiplayer
    3. It will update, but only in new chunks. That's why a lot of people are just messing around in 1.8.1 and not building / doing anything serious, because they will start new maps in 1.9
    4. Download Minecraft Single Player Commands
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

modifying the ceiling height in minecraft is something i know that dinnerbone has been whining at the creators to do. it's apparently simple enough to do, just getting them to add it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    1. Yes, I don't know the name off the top of my head for the mod that does it though. It increases the y-height maximum
    :O Really? That sounds totally awesome, if that's true it's something I'd totally would want to have for my singleplayer, AND our online server....
    All those possibilities.... /runs to drawingboard.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    :O Really? That sounds totally awesome, if that's true it's something I'd totally would want to have for my singleplayer, AND our online server....
    All those possibilities.... /runs to drawingboard.
    I read about a height mod, not long ago, so I Google'd it and I might have found it.
    Download here: http://adcraft.co/hmp2
    You'll have to wait a few seconds (or 10!) before the download link appears. I haven't tested the mod.
    It should work for both 1.8.x and 1.9 pre.

Download link source: http://www.minecraftdl.com/height-mo...1-9-and-1-8-1/
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    1. Is there any way to increase the height of the world? So I could fit in larger buildings?
    2. Is there any way (easy way) to create my own multi-player world, just for me and my friend?
    3. If I'm playing in 1.8.1 or whatever current patch is, and then beta ends, will my single player map will be upgraded? To whatever new features non-beta will have.
    4. Is there any way to use /spawn command in single player? Survival mode.
    I'll add more questions here later, don't want to create new topic for ever question I have, since I have a lot.
    1. No clue, seems asnwered in the thread though.
    2. Use hamachi, its much more user friendly for 1-4 people than making a full minecraft server, and alot less draining on your pc.
    3. It will update only unexplored chunks, so you'd have to go farther out into the world to see the changes.
    4. I think spawn commands are SMP admin commands, not sure though - it's possible that singleplayercommands mod might do this, but ive never tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    2. Yes, download the Minecraft Server client and connect to your computers IP address inside minecraft multiplayer
    3. It will update, but only in new chunks. That's why a lot of people are just messing around in 1.8.1 and not building / doing anything serious, because they will start new maps in 1.9
    4. Download Minecraft Single Player Commands
    3. But then when another patch comes out, everyone has to start all over again? I mean what's the next 2.0? We all start playing 2.0 and what when 2.1 comes out? All over again?

---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 08:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaorin View Post
    Every minecraft map is something like 16 times the size of earth if you could explore it all.
    Really? couple days ago I've reached an invisible wall, saying something like "this is the end, cannot go any further", thought it's like 20-30 mins of walking from one end to another... <--- Never mind, it seems that server I was on does it on purpose, to reduce lag.

---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 08:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    1. No clue, seems asnwered in the thread though.
    2. Use hamachi, its much more user friendly for 1-4 people than making a full minecraft server, and alot less draining on your pc.
    Is this... Well... But I still have to create multi-player map somehow? I'm guessing other person can't join my single-player map even with Hamachi?
    Last edited by Tokas; 2011-10-03 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    3: you can just keep your server. But some new features will not be in it. For example: if you now make a new map, 3 strongholds will be predetermined at certain locations. If you have an old map, they will not be added at all. However, some things, like the new food bar, the experience orbs, the new beef dropping from cows, are just added to your old map. So, if Notch would add something in a patch, that added a new recipe, or makes fire stop killing you, that will also affect your old maps (except if the item for a new recipe needs to be naturally occuring and was not in your older build yet.)
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.

as far as an old map after a new patch, from what I've heard the new stuff will only generate in places you haven't explored yet. so you won't wake up one day to have a ravine through your house, but if you wander out somewhere new you might bump into one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

so I can play now, avoid exploring, and I'll be fine without starting all over again when beta ends it seems ^^ Odd stuff. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just the only thing that you might not run into are the Strongholds if you generated it BEFORE 1.8, so if you started now/few weeks back, you should be fine =D

I've started yesterday actually ^^
    What are those strongholds you keep talking about? :O

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 3 in the ENTIRE MAP. They are stone structures, and are pretty big mazes. There's not much loot to be gotten from, but pretty awesome to see tho. The concept is a bit the same as the abandoned mines you might encounter, they have poisonous spiders and torches and minetracks and spiderwebs in them, but the strongholds are just very, very hard to find.