Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Does this acro-thing work anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Does this acro-thing work anyway?
    m

But then your message still needs 10 chars. /rage
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Profession for Prot warrior question:

Okay so my main is a mage but i recently decided to roll a tank class. I'm an oldschool 1h/shield person way back when i played IWD and BG1+2 a hell lot, which more or less makes me a warrior. I'm currently 60 with mining and enchanting lvled up to the appropriate level, but i got into a conversation with some of my guildmates about ideal tank professions, and what i got told is that mining/enchant for +240 stam is sub optimal, and what i really want is JC/BS for +mastery or avoidance gems (a lot of them). This is kind of at odds with what i see on both EJ and Mmo champ that stam is our best stat or tied for our best stat. Who's right here? especially considering JC/BS is a pretty bad gold vacuum. these guys are 7/7H FL (post nerf) so i value their opnion given that they're definetly competent players.

TLDR: My question is, is stam less desirable than mastery/avoidance with respect to profession perks? Is Ench/Mining decent for prot warriors? (Assume that i'm never ever playing dps war. I love my sword and board too much)

edit: asking this with serious raiding in mind
    Last edited by dyllyn; 2011-10-05 at 08:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    of course, enchanting/mining is decent for prot warriors.
    but just as with gems, blacksmithing/jewelcrafting would be better. But if you have mining and especially enchanting maxed, I wouldn't drop them, just keep them. maybe mining could be replaced, but that's not really necessary. the important thing is to actually use your professions, so using the enchants, maxing mining for the full 120 stamina, stuff like that. I ran without an extra glove socket for the entire t11 gear. THAT is way more fail than using a "less-perfect" profession.

Deleted
    Stamina is less desirable in tier 12, but with a bunch of new (&better) items coming with 4.3 it's easier to maintain a comfortable level of mastery ("aiming for full combat table coverage") and you won't feel the real need any longer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dyllyn View Post
    ... i got into a conversation with some of my guildmates about ideal tank professions, and what i got told is that mining/enchant for +240 stam is sub optimal, and what i really want is JC/BS for +mastery or avoidance gems (a lot of them). This is kind of at odds with what i see on both EJ and Mmo champ that stam is our best stat or tied for our best stat. Who's right here? especially considering JC/BS is a pretty bad gold vacuum. these guys are 7/7H FL (post nerf) so i value their opnion given that they're definetly competent players.

TLDR: My question is, is stam less desirable than mastery/avoidance with respect to profession perks? Is Ench/Mining decent for prot warriors? (Assume that i'm never ever playing dps war. I love my sword and board too much)
    The important thing to remember is that stamina is by no means a bad stat but it functions much the same way as hit rating does for DPS players; once you have a comfortable level of it, you really do not need to accumulate any more of it. The EJ thread might still say (haven't checked it in a while) that stamina is our best stat because up until a point it is. However, that was back in early-T11, when we were still scraping together blue gear from 5s. Any tank even in semi-decent FL gear should have passed that point a long ago and have all the stamina he or she requires.

From there on out, you should focus on mitigation and avoidance, just like your guild friends are saying. Professions in particular are somewhat wasted when you spend JC gems or free BS slots to increase your stamina. You should be gemming primarily mastery for mitigation and that is why BS/JC are much better than mining and enchanting. Are they worth dropping? Depends entirely on you. I started out my expansion with enchanting and never dropped it, so no, it is not necessary, like xebtria said. If you are in a very progression focused guild however, you might want to think about it and your guild might even expect it.

15+ Year Old Account
    another side note ... enchanting is a profession for our friends, the pink paladin pussies. a real warrior never starts messing around with dust, essences, shards and crystals!

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    another side note ... enchanting is a profession for our friends, the pink paladin pussies. a real warrior never starts messing around with dust, essences, shards and crystals!
    brb dropping enchanting for BS

Love you too <3 :P

15+ Year Old Account
    we play with little gems instead, yay!

oh lord, the irony

Warriors, you're doing it wrong.

The profession has to be about brute strength. The way I see it there's only one suitable combination: Mining / Blacksmithing.

Herbs --- too pansy.

Alchemy --- too fiddly.

Scribe --- I not able read or riTe.

Skinning --- I was kind of good at it, but people complained that it was more decapitation than actual skinning. Apparently you're just meant to take the skin and not leave the yummy bits attached. I guess it's too delicate for warriors.

Leatherworking --- sowing bits of leather together, whats the point and far too fiddly.

Tailoring --- fiddly and pointless, cloth never helped anyone.

Jewelcrafting --- smashing rocks open to find gems fine. Slicing them accurately into polished pieces, not for my muscle clad fingers. Get the shiney rock and just hammer it into the socket until it fits.

Engineering --- went okay for a while, but losing an arm to an explosion greatly hampers the ability to dual wield. Wires are far too fiddly. Red buttons far too tempting.

Mining --- Me smash rock. Me sell other coloured rock. Me put rock into helmet and heat it up to make puddle. I can cope with this.

Blacksmithing --- Plate is good. Get bar of metal. Hit it. Hit it some more. When it's getting kind of flat put it onto the part of your body you want to cover and get a friend to hit it until it follows the shape of you.

What I'm kind of saying. Warriors are good at hitting things.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    The profession has to be about brute strength. The way I see it there's only one suitable combination: Mining / Blacksmithing.
    This is absolutely correct, but as my allies are unable to live without the services from my mechanical friend Jeeves I no longer dig through earth. I'm fine with this.

15+ Year Old Account
    where's the "vote for post of the month" button, iyona?!

me need for the squirrel's post!

oh, and new signature. I guess. me thinks about it.

Deleted
    where's the "vote for post of the month" button, iyona?!

me need for the squirrel's post!
    I'll add an entry to the OP of the FAQ, "Quote of the month".

15+ Year Old Account

Deleted

oh lord, the irony
    Aye, aka you play with marbles