Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naeblis42 View Post
    Also I think if Blizz were to remove minimum range it would complicate balancing a little bit too much. And I don't just mean arena; you have to consider all facets of PVP. Hunters are capable of a lot of damage. If there were no way to prevent that(other than line of sight) then Blizz would have to lower damage. Not being able to shoot somebody in the face is about balance, not realism. Melee classes are weaker at range. Ranged are weaker in melee. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    Have you played a ranged dps class aside from hunter?

Bit off topic but.

The reason why BM is behind MM is because of PET AI and poor scaling.
    The same buff that applies to melee should in theory apply to our pets, but is that gonna happen? no.

b/c devs dont play hunters, and the current edition of the daily blink summarized everything.
    Every stupid patch, there was some sort of huge nerf. Yes, even the 4.0.6 patch where they made MM op as hell , NERFED SV to the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Hunters get a lot of love I've been playing one since preBC, and Blizz has given us multitudes. Not only that, but we some how always manage to stay around the top dmg wise. So less QQ moar pew pew. If they took our deadzone out it would make our class way too OP btw, and the new tier looks decent. I don't even see why this needed a thread we have enough whining as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    Hunters get a lot of love I've been playing one since preBC, and Blizz has given us multitudes. Not only that, but we some how always manage to stay around the top dmg wise. So less QQ moar pew pew. If they took our deadzone out it would make our class way too OP btw, and the new tier looks decent. I don't even see why this needed a thread we have enough whining as it is.
    Care to explain why it would make hunters OP? it's not like we have focus regen with our haste slowed any how.

Hunters are QQ'ing now? wow....

a lot of th reason we are slowly falling to mediocrity in dps charts is down to legendaries. and now we have rogues to blow us away. if there is not an agility polearm legendary first up next xpac ghostcrawler needs a flaming arrow proc to the forehead

Quote Originally Posted by silchas1 View Post
    if there is not an agility polearm legendary first up next xpac ghostcrawler needs a flaming arrow proc to the forehead
    Why flaming arrow, it does no damage

Quote Originally Posted by Vargarii View Post
    Two caster specs being better than MM is a stupid argument when casters have access to a legendary. If they'd made the next legendary hunter only, like they are doing for rogues, and you were middle of the pack I'd get it. However, MM being middle of the pack is primarily because of casters and legendary status, not because there is some gaping problem with hunter dps.
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...default/#3vvvv

So you mean to tell me that the two rogue specs and the two warrior specs have hidden legendary weapons that I have not seen in this game yet? Because according to this log over the last fourteen days, and according to your logic, the only reason rogues and warriors are higher up on the list than a hunter's best spec is because of a legendary weapon throwing off the curve.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say they're on the come back for pvp

OP is a troll. Hunters may not be 'faiding' away but OP's English skills sure are.

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoGears View Post
    I'd say they're on the come back for pvp
    Uhuh...and mages suddenly are going to have 2% representation before the xpac is over too, right?

Quote Originally Posted by midnitepsn View Post
    It seems like its been too long since hunters got an interesting buff, or a chance
    to shine. its like patch after patch they are taking the little good things that are
    left that make the class any good. they taking our burst now lol. its not like we can maintain our burst dps
    throughout 10 minute encounters... I don't know this might sound like QQ but I have been playing
    a hunter for 5 years and it seems like its gone down hill... Even the look of our tier - .-

PS: isn't it about time they take our dead zone away?
    Don't you remember when you got a nice buff in T11?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaede View Post
    It makes me laugh that we don't even have a 'Hunter Tier 13 and Visual Retrospective' post yet. I was looking forward to seeing their attempt at justifying it.
    I think t13 actually looks quite decent. It reminds me of t2, but minus the fail. Then again the biggest fail of t2 was the color scheme. Had it originally been black or red it would have probably fared much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaede View Post
    It makes me laugh that we don't even have a 'Hunter Tier 13 and Visual Retrospective' post yet. I was looking forward to seeing their attempt at justifying it.
    I agree, I want to see them explain this one, my guess would be: Well, art team stayed up really late, had a little too much souther comfort, and well, Hunter tier 13 was created

Quote Originally Posted by Dacu View Post
    Don't you remember when you got a nice buff in T11?
    You mean the increase damage to multi-shot that got nerfed two weeks later because our AoE wasn't completely worthless?

Or do you mean the several dozen nerfs we got to each of our specs because we were doing 2k more damage than locks in blue gear? Cause you know, this game is balanced around pre-raiding gear anyway *rolls eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    Who played one spec pre BC? You could play marks OR survival in raids. Once you had better than t2 gear, you could easily go survival because the agility ap bonus was still 2 back then, and the extra agility was amazing.

---------- Post added 2011-10-05 at 04:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Twangz View Post
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...default/#3vvvv

So you mean to tell me that the two rogue specs and the two warrior specs have hidden legendary weapons that I have not seen in this game yet? Because according to this log over the last fourteen days, and according to your logic, the only reason rogues and warriors are higher up on the list than a hunter's best spec is because of a legendary weapon throwing off the curve.
    No, you're just being an ass. My response was only for the case with the casters that have legendary access, because that's just how it goes when your dps category has a legendary.

---------- Post added 2011-10-05 at 05:02 AM ----------

also interesting, twangs, is that your info has BM beating marks on quite a number of fights, and yet everyone talks about how much better marks is than BM in the other thread where people are arguing over these type of things. You should go link that there, I want to see the flames.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeyecycle View Post
    Auto-shooting while running wasn't good enough for your DPS monsters in the back? C'mon.
    No I personaly prefered to use skill to max out dps while moving, it was one of the things that could seperate the good the bad and the average same with shot cliping and mana management, but its all gone now, same as every other class in game, mash keys, boss dead, collect epics

Quote Originally Posted by gwenners View Post
    No one is trolling there is nothing wrong with any of the hunter specs, least of all for raiding where they will always be top tier or nearly top tier in dps for single target and aoe.
    sv and bm are almost the worst dps specs out there and marksman is like rank 8 or so? as a pure dps class. We aren't fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I rerolled into the SP in my sig, beginning of Cata. Focus was 1 big let down. Enough said. :\
    No it was an improvement. Its a much cleaner system then halfing your damage by using Cobra to gain mana. Cobra was highly unprofessional. Whether you could adapt to the change to focus or not is what you're looking to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    sv and bm are almost the worst dps specs out there and marksman is like rank 8 or so? as a pure dps class. We aren't fine.
    8th is not bad at all. Hunters have a lot of perks too. Ability to chose their buffs, kiting ability, and they're ranged DPS that is immune (basically) to silence mechanics. Its a fair deal. There IS definitely room for improvement, but 8th place out of...what? 30? Isn't bad.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2011-10-05 at 05:24 AM.

I don't know but I think our damage (hunters) is pretty decent. Correct gear, enchants, and everything and your DPS should be at top. And it's not all about meters. It's also about other stuff. For hunter to be mobile we have to macro every shot with aspects so we use hawk aspect for instant shots and fox one for steady and cobra shot. That is already misery thing we have to do. In addition to that we don't bring much utility into raids and not even in PvP except freezing trap and sting as SV.

Lately I found out that BM is best for PvP specially for BG's. Combine that with spirit beast and you have also some sort of heal much much better as one from MM tree. BW is also very very useful, when you are out of other cooldowns and you have a CD for 50 focus for burst if needed. In addition there is also intimidation stun. Finally I find myself being par with rogues, warriors, frost mages, DK's and feral druids. They have to burn all CD's to get me down and often they don't manage to finish me off. Pain in the ass are still warlock, priests and resto shamans. I also love kill command being usable in melee so I have at least one good damaging ability in melee. Heal for around 20-30k every 28 seconds, BW can be used as trinket almost every minute. That is what hunters are missing right now. Surviving abilities! MM have silencing shot only usable against casters and readiness. SV has better traps, sleeping sting and useless counterattack. Every class has something to counter our every ability while we don't always have answer for some abilities from other classes.