Thread: Disc - Stat

Deleted

Disc - Stat

I often see posts where we ask what is the main stat for a discipline priest
    some answers:
    intellect > spirit > mastery = crit = haste;
    intellect > spirit > mastery > haste > crit;
    intellect > spirit > haste > mastery > crit;

now, ok for intellect and spirit but my reasoning was,
    if we follow the first case, we would have 3 states in an equivalent manner which results in a loss of statistics -> not fast heal, not good crit, decent shield

if we follow the second case, we have good shield but we can not rely on a mastery that takes its maximum benefit from crit, that would be the lowest stat (proc aegis) or have a good mastery is sufficient for PW:S? (TLR without the crit i do not believe that mastery is so efficient)

If we follow the third case, we have good haste for heal/smite etc, decent shield, really low crit

tank healing example haste = faster heal + more benefit from "Strenght of soul" --- mastery = strong PW:S but with no crit -> low chance of aegis
    raid healing example haste = faster PoH and more shield from it --- mastery = strong shield from PoH

Im wrong? someone can say definitely which stat should be better in average?

having spirit as 2nd highest is a mistake. you only need just enough spirit to run out of mana just after the boss dies, any more is wasted. some discs go as low as 1800 unbuffed, but on my alt i find 2100 to be a better number as he is mostly used in alt runs where the DPS is a bit lower.

as for the secondary stats, haste is good for AA and raid healing, where mastery is better if you are a pure tank healer. ive seen some people say that if your a raid healer you should go haste and crit, but ive always found that having 2 secondary stats as your "focus" feels odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Mastery > Spirit > Crit >>> Haste

This because I have too much spirit now, mastery gives the most benefit to what I cast and crit makes mastery better.

Deleted
    im interested only between mastery/crit/haste stat, for int-spirit im aware of how much have

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    im interested only between mastery/crit/haste stat, for int-spirit im aware of how much have
    i find spirit an interesting stat in relation to other secondaries.

eg, i need a fair bit more spirit when i'm stacking haste than i would when stacking crit.

in general i go for either a haste+spirit setup
    or a crit+mastery setup

Deleted
    BumpdeBump
    Some others opinion?

If you have enough spirit then generally its Mastery>Haste/Crit, Its truly a play style difference in how you get your crit/haste to balance out. I prefer having more haste over crit, if you want bigger heals go with more crit if you want more heals go with more haste. Also depends on what you do in raid and how you like it For tank healing I prefer crit to make sure the tank gets topped off with each heal, for raid and niche tank healing I prefer the haste.
    "Suppose death had a heart to love and to release you, to whom would he turn this passion, would you chose a person from the crowd there. A person to suffer as you suffer."

Always depends on what youre doing:
    Quick breakdown kf the 3 stats:
    Mastery: Increases PWS by a lot, weakly increases PoH, merely no effect on other heals (that are tied to crit)
    Crit: theoretically very nice hps stat, whose effect can be further improved by mastery.
    Loses efficiancy when DA doesnt get used (spotheal, nonpulsing AE), relies on crits to happen obviously, which is not so much of a problem on the long run, but gives you less Healing if youre on a non-crit-streak.
    Haste: increases your HPS, only does more healing per cast on specific spells (breakpoints of hots/channels)
    Affects all of your healing, and that by a good margin, because of its low itembudgetcost.

Spirit is always helpfull, even if you dont need it in one fight, in the next fight something may go wrong and you will be pumping out FHs etc... More mana = more flexibility and can even be seen as a hps stat for singletarget healing.

Now, you can decide yourself what you need. My opinion:
    Tankheal: crit > haste > mas
    AE-healer: haste > crit > mas
    Spotheal/assisting: mas > haste > crit

As I do a bit of everything, and also have a holy offspecc, i go for
    Spirit > haste > mas > crit
    Last edited by TheTrueM4gg0t; 2011-10-05 at 12:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twixy View Post
    If you have enough spirit then generally its Mastery>Haste/Crit
    Thats was my point, why they give more importance to the mastery by keeping quiet about the crit?
    i mean, u cant spam shield anymore so ppl use 1-2 shield every 12sec (or btw situational), then mastery stack well with aegis but with low crit the proc is pretty low

Deleted
    It's been discussed many times. It depends on your role in the raid. If you are a bubble bot on a 25man raid then you should stack mastery. If you are an AoE or a tank healer in a 10 man raid then you should stack haste and crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    use as much spirit as you need and get rid of the rest. Stack the stats in the order that best suits your playstyle. They all are viable ways to prioritize your stats as long as you are making the best use of the stats you stack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    It's been discussed many times. It depends on your role in the raid. If you are a bubble bot on a 25man raid then you should stack mastery. If you are an AoE or a tank healer in a 10 man raid then you should stack haste and crit.
    i dont heal in raid from beginning of cataclysm....in 25 raid disci have to spam shield again?

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont heal in raid from beginning of cataclysm....in 25 raid disci have to spam shield again?
    Some still do, but it's no longer the highest throughput. It also is much less sustainable than PoH spamming for AoE healing.

Deleted
    ok i give a try in archangel atonament spec with spirit > haste > mastery > crit

Mastery does affect the DA well, but you have to remember that DA is always only a small part of the entire heal (<25%) and with mastery you only buff that small part!
    Mastery is NOT an effective stat for increasing singletarget heals, because you bave to crit in the first place, and its not even that good for buffing PoH which has an auto-Aegis!

The main gain of your mastery is due to bigger PWS!

it really depends on your playstyle.
    we had a priest here asking for advices, and this priest' top healing tool on log was pw:S, while this priest was neglecting mastery and stacking only haste and crit.

go through your logs, see what are your top spells and maybe adapt gear to support how you play. if your top spell is poh together with da (assuming raid healing) then haste is best for you.
    if your top spell are shields, then clearly its mastery.
    if you are atonement specced and heal places, where you can actually heal with smites (ie 5man hcs), then buff your smites with haste.
    for tank-healing there are different schools, one of them tells to stack mastery and crit, since haste isnt that needed - tanks take big hits but not as often, hence most oif the time you dont need that fast heals to heal them up.

i personally like to have some healthy balance between my stats, favoring mastery and haste over crit.

at the very moment of the game there isnt one certain way to set stats and there is no one certain way to play discipline priest, which means everyone can adjust their priest to their playstyles and they are still able to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by babylon View Post
    it really depends on your playstyle.
    we had a priest here asking for advices, and this priest' top healing tool on log was pw:S, while this priest was neglecting mastery and stacking only haste and crit.

go through your logs, see what are your top spells and maybe adapt gear to support how you play. if your top spell is poh together with da (assuming raid healing) then haste is best for you.
    if your top spell are shields, then clearly its mastery.
    if you are atonement specced and heal places, where you can actually heal with smites (ie 5man hcs), then buff your smites with haste.
    for tank-healing there are different schools, one of them tells to stack mastery and crit, since haste isnt that needed - tanks take big hits but not as often, hence most oif the time you dont need that fast heals to heal them up.

i personally like to have some healthy balance between my stats, favoring mastery and haste over crit.

at the very moment of the game there isnt one certain way to set stats and there is no one certain way to play discipline priest, which means everyone can adjust their priest to their playstyles and they are still able to succeed.
    Best advice by far. Look at your logs and see what spells you are using the most.

I heal 10 mans was stacking spirit>haste>mastery>crit and hit a wall in throughput. I went back and looked at my logs and found PW:S was consistently doing 20-40% of my healing, so I reforged/gemmed to mastery>spirit>haste and saw a solid 2-3k hps boost in my throughput. I honestly think we've reached the point were limited bubble spam (keeping weakened soul on 3-4 ppl all the time) is now viable. Also, pre-shielding is goldly with a heavy mastery setup.
    Last edited by scandore8472; 2011-10-05 at 02:17 PM.

Deleted
    Thx for the answers

Deleted
    I didn't mean you had to spam shields again. I meant that if you decided to spam shields, then you should stack mastery.

For the record, SoS Disc spamming PoH that stacks mastery is really, REALLY hard to beat on the meters. From experience, the mastery disc will usually beat the haste disc just because of how DA functions. But, having slower spellcasts (even by .2 sec) makes everything way less forgiving.

Now, the choice haste <-> mastery comes down to what your biggest difficulty is at the moment. Do you need more flexibility in your play? Haste. Do you need more longevity? Mastery.

I still stack haste for the moment, my crit build proving to just not work at all in 25. Then again, I'm AA and still not quite ready to concede it. My mastery-stacking counterpart, despite still having more spirit than me, usually goes OOM sooner (typical of mastery-SoS vs haste-AA). It's all a tradeoff. If I execute properly I'm usually one step behind her on the meter.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2011-10-05 at 03:41 PM.