Thread: Tier Sets....

10+ Year Old Account

Tier Sets....

not sure if this would be breaking the NDA, if it is then please ignore

but I seem to recal at some point people mentioning their being item sets in game, and then while rewatching the EV video I noticed 'Hey, that Assassin is wearing that cool looking set from the Assassin class page...wait a minute....'

is this Assassin Teir 1? Does Swtor have Tier sets? Or even Item sets AT ALL? Like full sets tailored for one specific Class/Role, complete with Set bonus' and all that junk? I was guessing they probably wouldn't, because of all the stuff they said about being able to make your char look exactly how you want to, and if you have to wear tier sets to get to bonus' then you can't exactly make your guy look how you want now can you

So if possible without breaking NDA, are item sets in, with tier bonus' and all that junk?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Might be a feature like transmogrification - if they want you to look exactly like you want.

And there could also be sets then :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    So if possible without breaking NDA, are item sets in, with tier bonus' and all that junk?
    Sadly, that is impossible to say without breaking the NDA. I'm sure there are gear "sets" with bonuses for completion from PvE, PvP, and badge collection/social points. The item recolorization system, where it matches everything to your chest, should help at least keep non-sets looking like sets also. When they say that you can "look like you want" I think they are more or less referring to the vast array of items that should be in the game and the system on which they are established. AFAIK, items are more built on modifications than they are on the base stats alone. While there will certainly be base stats, I think they said before that you wouldn't be completely crippled by using a lower level item for the look while upgrading the mods in the slots. You may miss out on some stats or mod slots and certainly won't be optimal, but it shouldn't make you feel completely like you are a level 85 wearing level 60 gear in WoW. At least that is how I took it from their statements. Having no beta experience I can't say how it is for sure.

They have sets sure not sure about tier sets tho, they have a ability in the game to mod items so that low lvl items are usuable at end game if you like the look and dont want to change it

Deleted
    They got item sets, you can look them up on darthhater - but you'll have to go back awhile.
    It was shown in an old video that there must be at least one set for the soldier - it wasnt endgame but spread about lvl 8-16 if I remember correctly (starting with the first item with a lvl requirement of lvl 8 to the last one with lvl 16).
    And yep, I guess there will be endgame tier sets too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging from what we've seen, I can definitely see tier-like sets happening. We've seen them at earlier levels, one can assume it'll keep up.
    Oh, noooo, I'm so sorry. It's The Moops. The correct answer is, The Moops.

Deleted
    Sith Warrior and Sorcerer have the best looking ones. Especially the Sorcerer

Here is the picture from darth hater:
    http://darthhater.com/media/gallery/...ion/image/7475
    It's from e3 2011, and shows a trooper's gear set with bonuses and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibu View Post
    Might be a feature like transmogrification - if they want you to look exactly like you want.

And there could also be sets then :P
    Or a Wardrobe feature? Many games do this, Blizzard just has to make a Wardrobe feature their own by giving it a dumb name and putting silly restrictions on it so they can look like the good guys later on when they lift them.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Or a Wardrobe feature? Many games do this, Blizzard just has to make a Wardrobe feature their own by giving it a dumb name and putting silly restrictions on it so they can look like the good guys later on when they lift them.
    Bioware has said that there will not be a wardrobe/appearance tab, type thing in the game. What they do have is modifications which can change all the stats on an item. So you can keep using that level 10 saber if you really want all the way up to endgame and it will be useable if you keep upgrading it's modifications.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think transmog was added in that specific patch...

/tinfoil hat

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Why do you think transmog was added in that specific patch...

/tinfoil hat
    Well they are going to pack in as much as possible in this patch to combat SWTOR. I mean why do you think this is the DeathWing patch? They know that they will sway some people to stick around to at least see the end of Cata.

So no tinfoil hat required, its painfully obvious Blizzard is concerned and rightfully so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, so looks like there WILL be sets, but the bonus' seem... minor (if you check out the trooper set, the bonus' are just small stat increases).

I think I'm actually on side with this as much as I like the redonkulous set bonus' we get in WoW, it's more than a little annoying having to use subpar peices of tier (for instance T12 chest/shoulers) because you need them to get the OP as hell set bonus'

I think I'd prefer a system where the bonus' are just that, a BONUS for wearing a whole set, but if you have other, better gear that offers better stats, you're not going to feel like you're gimping yourself because you're not wearing full tier etcetcetc.

also the colour match option is god tier one of the things I'm most looking forward to in Swtor... Although I have to say I wish it was available for more than just your chest peice, so you could say colourmatch to your helm, or gloves is you wanted. Also does anyone know how the colour match system handles highlights? for instance the Assassin tier I mentioned earlier is black with white bits on, if I was to colour match a different helm to that, would it go black with white bits on, or would it keep the previous highlights, and just the main part would go black, black? Also is there any way to revert it once you've made the changes? (I know they say once you've gone black you never go back, but they're not talking about colourmatching clothes are they?.....are they?)...

see this is what happens when I dont have beta... I spend all my time pondering the ramifications of colourmatched gearsets.... Damn I need beta... or a GF..... or a GF WITH beta... who makes me pancakes!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    also the colour match option is god tier one of the things I'm most looking forward to in Swtor... Although I have to say I wish it was available for more than just your chest peice, so you could say colourmatch to your helm, or gloves is you wanted. Also does anyone know how the colour match system handles highlights? for instance the Assassin tier I mentioned earlier is black with white bits on, if I was to colour match a different helm to that, would it go black with white bits on, or would it keep the previous highlights, and just the main part would go black, black? Also is there any way to revert it once you've made the changes? (I know they say once you've gone black you never go back, but they're not talking about colourmatching clothes are they?.....are they?)...
    !
    From the way they talked about the color matching, it is just a UI option that you can turn off and on (like showing your helm). It does not dye any of your pieces of gear or anything else. Just matches the colors to the chest you have on. So if you turn it off your items should turn back into the color they truly are.