Ratings on old PvP gear for transmog?

I personally really hope that the old PvP gear has rating requirements on it, either rbg or arena, I think they should have the same requirements they did back in the day they were current, the gear was intended for people who were good at pvp, I like to walk around in PvP gear and as much as I like some of the old sets like Wrathful or s3, I don't want to wear it if every idiot is going to wear it because its shiney. It probably wont have rating requirements on it because Blizzard has always made PvP stuff accessable to PvE'rs and not vice versa; if I want to wear t10 gear, I have to go do the t10 raids, if some idiot wants to wear the any of the season arena gear they should have to do arena - not just the same BGs they have always done, and they should have to do reasonably well at arena, I mean come on; its not that difficult to get 2k for some shoulders!

I just think that transmogrification will take some of the progression out of the game and if they want to keep the game fresh they need to make the items that look best, hardest to get. Getting a full pve tier set will take a very long time (there are small drop chances on the pieces, you have to hope its for your class and then there is a week lock out - it will take atleast a few weeks even if you're very luck.), PvP gear on the other hand if it is made totally accessible for every one with just honor then it will be the easiest thing ever!

An alternative idea is that you could buy the gear without rating (so that the leveling people can buy pvp gear for their level) and can buy for honor; BUT - when you put it into the transmogrification window it says "requires a personal and team rating of 1800 / 2000 / 2200 (etc)", that way levelers / rp'rs can still buy and wear the gear, but if you want to wear full s8 in arena or bgs then you need to have the relevant rating pre-requisites.

Thoughts, opinions?

I'd rather keep it the way it is, but then again I've always hated how gear represents epeen. If anything I'd like pre-85 PvE gear to have increased drop rates to match the ease of obtainment of honor gear, and bring back old PvP weapons and armors.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Quote Originally Posted by Benation View Post
    if I want to wear t10 gear, I have to go do the t10 raids, if some idiot wants to wear the any of the season arena gear they should have to do arena - not just the same BGs they have always done, and they should have to do reasonably well at arena, I mean come on; its not that difficult to get 2k for some shoulders!
    Bad example, because you can just get t10 from Justice Points, so you actually don't have to raid at all. Overall though its just a bad comparison. Acquiring old raid gear is only a time investment, not a skill investment.

Requiring 2k rating or whatever for old pvp gear is requiring a time investment as well as a skill investment.

If you want to look different and want others to know how l337 you are at pvp just wear and show the current season's highest gear, not that complicated.
    Last edited by Dhurn; 2011-10-07 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaucent View Post
    I'd rather keep it the way it is, but then again I've always hated how gear represents epeen. If anything I'd like pre-85 PvE gear to have increased drop rates to match the ease of obtainment of honor gear, and bring back old PvP weapons and armors.
    I know what you mean, its not the epeen that matters to me though, I'll just run around with the current t2 weapon and the 2.3k tabard / Arena Titles if I want to 'prove' I'm good, its more of a nostalgia thing, I think it would kind of ruin the feel of the gear to have every "Arthasxxdklolxx" running round with full gladiator gear, know what I mean? In pve terms it would be like "Legolarassxxx" the Belf hunter running round in full Sunwell Platau gear and yet hes gemed all his gear wrong and has a terrible spec etc, I think the pve'rs that got that gear originally gave it the 'epic' feeling, because you knew the content was very hard.

I am also aware that as some one who has already got the ratings to get the gear, its fairly one sided for me to say that they should have requirements, but I would be happier the requirements were like 2.5-6k (so that I would have to earn an extra 100-200 rating) and then the gear be some what exclusive when I got it, rather than the other side of the coin and have it 0 rating and honor bought.

Eh...

---------- Post added 2011-10-07 at 07:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Bad example, because you can just get t10 from Justice Points, so you actually don't have to raid at all. Overall though its just a bad comparison. Acquiring old raid gear is only a time investment, not a skill investment.

Requiring 2k rating or whatever for old pvp gear is requiring a time investment as well as a skill investment.

If you want to look different and want others to know how l337 you are at pvp just wear and show the current season's highest gear, not that complicated.
    I guess you're right, its only a time investment on PvE gear, still I do feel transmogrification will some what ruin the feel of the old pve and pvp gear, shame there isn't some way to make both the pve and pvp gear have a 'skill' requirement.

Also I wonder if they let it into arenas; it will make things slightly more complicated eg- I wear top tear gear, and transmog it all to look like blues / greens that I have just dinged 85 in. Every one opens on me expecting to kill me really quickly, or underestimated how much damage I will do etc etc.

you realize they already removed wrathful rating requirements right?

10+ Year Old Account
    ...my....small...pp...must...not... Be.....auugh!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post

Totally agree. The past is the past. Old gear is meant for looks now, not to stroke your e-peen.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Like I said, its not about epeen, there are titles etc for that lol, its because the pvp gear that people never used / had back in the day will all of a sudden be ridiculously overused by every derp around because its an easier way of getting the same look as the pve gear (eg s2 / t5, s3 / t6).

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, its not about epeen, there are titles etc for that lol, its because the pvp gear that people never used / had back in the day will all of a sudden be ridiculously overused by every derp around because its an easier way of getting the same look as the pve gear (eg s2 / t5, s3 / t6).
    So what? People want to wear it because they LIKE IT. Doesn't matter if they are derps or not. You have NO right to tell someone how to look or not look. I f'ing love Tier 5 on my warrior. I don't give a crap if I see the whole server in it. If you want to feel unique, then go and make a set with greens, you'd be amazed what awesome sets you can make.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

I guess you're right, just something feels lost about the gear when every one can get it. Maybe I'll go for just have to deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you're right, Maybe I'll go for just have to deal with it.
    Awesome I like to just deal with stuff too! Arguing with people takes energy! Finally somebody else who deals with something as is.

I think he just realized that trying to convince someone who keeps the same mindset post after post is pointless to waste effort on. lol