Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How can people only stick to pvp or pve ?

This question says it all.
    I am wondering how can you do all that.
    For me raiding because boring after a time if I do it over and over again so I do some pvp ,mostly to relax, to blow some steam..
    So my question is: How can't you be burned out of doing something like raiding for example 4 years ( if you are playing wow for 4 years).
    I personally couldn't understood how can you buy or even play the if you are not interested only a little in the story.
    So I am wondering how can you stick to pve or pvp since I know many people that raid and then after raid is over go and collect their resilience gear.
    TOR isn't even out and already I can see people saying and asking about balance in pvp?
    I think it doesn't matter much if you have good people playing with.
    If you have good time with them it really doesn't matter.
    For example I really do not like racing and first person shooters games but I play them because I have good time with them in my friends.
    If I personally want to have good time I go play chess and some strategist games.
    No offense to pvpers but since tor would be more focused on pve since of conversation between you and npc, the story will be driven, you will have your personal story.
    To make it short they want you to live that game. They want you to treat old republic like a book when you can spend hours and hours in it.
    Of course I will pvp but I was never a guy that could only do one thing.
    In life what is important is variety so I am wondering how can you do only pvp or pve.

I would like really to know you opinions on this matter.
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers,
    Last edited by mmoc582315ea92; 2011-10-08 at 12:37 AM.

Why be normal in both when you can be progressively better because you've devoted more time to it. At least that's what I see it as.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    Why be normal in both when you can be progressively better because you've devoted more time to it. At least that's what I see it as.
    Because I am burn out when doing too much of one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    Because I am burn out when doing too much of one thing.
    One thing in game. You think of the game as a solitary event in your life, with nothing else to add into "doing other things". Some people look at it as playing the game is "something different" to do instead of paying bills, watching TV or reading. If you look at it in this respect, surely you can understand why someone might only play one aspect of the game (which they most likely excel at), and not be so confounded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    One thing in game. You think of the game as a solitary event in your life, with nothing else to add into "doing other things". Some people look at it as playing the game is "something different" to do instead of paying bills, watching TV or reading. If you look at it in this respect, surely you can understand why someone might only play one aspect of the game (which they most likely excel at), and not be so confounded.
    I am asking of people opinion since for example in wow I was doing archeology everyday for few hours and the result was that for half year I couldn't play my character because everytime I was thinking of him it reminded me of archeology.
    I even quit the game due to that but returned.
    I hope you get my point. I do a boss over and over again I probably would be some frustrated that one day I couldn't just log into my character.

How can people have different opinions and tastes than you? Some people enjoy sticking to only PvP or PvE in the same way that not everyone likes the same music you do. It's all just preference.
    Last edited by The Acrimony; 2011-10-08 at 01:01 AM.

I am asking of people opinion since for example in wow I was doing archeology everyday for few hours and the result was that for half year I couldn't play my character because everytime I was thinking of him it reminded me of archeology.
    I even quit the game due to that but returned.
    I hope you get my point. I do a boss over and over again I probably would be some frustrated that one day I couldn't just log into my character.
    Oh, so your question is "How do you not get deterred from playing the game after growing tired of one aspect of it"

Well, the answer is, some people don't get tired of it, no matter how much they play that one aspect. My assumption is that they like it.

Also, not able to play your character because of it reminding you of what repulsed you seems like an isolated case. I'm so sorry
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

*Time constraints - some people can't/won't dedicate to be playing WoW for a set time every week to raid, so it's easier just to PvP.
    *Some people don't like AI, they believe it's stupid and unpredictable (I don't believe this but that's what some people do)
    *Some (PvErs) don't like PvP because they say it's unbalanced
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

TOR isn't even out and already I can see people saying and asking about balance in pvp?
    I think it doesn't matter much if you have good people playing with.
    If you have good time with them it really doesn't matter.
    There is nothing fun about unbalanced classes.

People dedicate themselves to PvP or PvE most commonly because they either don't like one or the other, or don't have time for one or the other. Typically, there's nothing more to it. Whether or not YOU believe Bioware wants you to treat TOR as a book (what?), or that they will be more focused on PvE or PvP, people's preferences will remain the same.

Deleted
    Hunting ur pray down or been urself the pray(resto druid) , gives some ppl an extreme rush of adrelaline .
    U cannot know how a real person can react , while ur body react too , without thinking .
    While in pve the things are pretty simple = stay out of aoe and use ur defensive cds .
    When there is too much homogenization(all healers must do the same HPS) , ur trying to find an other game and the <<rush>>again
    Last edited by mmocbeb563a6f8; 2011-10-08 at 02:52 AM.

I get bored in Wow doing one thing over and over again. That's why I'm a massive alt-a-holic. I play what I feel like. If I want to solo, I solo. If I want to PVP, then I jump on a character of my choice and pvp. Though I don't play anymore right now (waiting impatiently for Tor), I had eight 85's when I did quit.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    because I hate PvP I have nothing against people who WANT to PvP, but personally I dont really see what's so fun about it, mostly because for me PvP is just staying at a respawn time

As for not getting burned out, myeh I've been PvEing for.... yeash about 6 years now, and the thing is for me it's not what you're doing that's important, it's WHO you're doing it with(gigetty). I like dungeons, raiding etc because I have a cool group of friends to do it with, it's not really about downing the boss etc, it's about having a laugh, and teaming up with a great group of people to try and do something that is greater than any of us could achieve alone.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Some people don't like one or the other, simple as that.

I didn't PVP much in WoW because seeing the stupid crap people on my team did was bad for my blood pressure.

I only PvP in MMOs when I run out of other stuff to do. Given that I enjoy rep grinding, achievement hunting, alts, raiding and messing with the in-game economy, a game has to be pretty stale before I start PvP-ing regularly.

Deleted
    Or how about I don't like the games PVP and I end up PVEing because I actually do like it?

I even quit the game due to that but returned....
    I did the same , however I didn't came back . Arch was their biggest mistake this expansion .

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    *Some people don't like AI, they believe it's stupid and predictable
    There, fixed it for you.

OT - As stated some people don't like being in a raid going through the same motion every day and some people don't like PVP. Does that mean they shouldn't play if they don't enjoy every aspect of the game? Before I quit a few months ago I loved doing 5 mans, whether it's in a group or solo. I quit raiding and I only PVP when bored.

15+ Year Old Account
    I for one always did both in WoW. When there were progression raids going I tended to do more pve naturaly, but when not I often found myself grinding BGs a whole lot more.

Not sure if it will be the same with TOR, because all the story driven voiced quests will make pve a lot more atractive, at least at the start. But truth be told, people will do what they like most...

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I typically do NOT PvP in MMOs. There's numerous reasons. Mostly it's that there's usually a "flavor of the month" build and associated gear/skills that I just don't care to compromise my character concept for to get. Let alone the amount of time it would take to get everything needed, which cuts into the time I would want to spend doing other things I probably like better.

Then there's the immersion-breaking attitudes of immature people. You can find them everywhere, but I observe them to be in PvP more often then other areas. I just don't care to put up with it.

Then there's the usual exploits/cheats that MMO developers don't catch until too late. Not everyone does this; so it's a dangerous generalization. But I pretty much gave up on being serious with PvP in DCUO due to exploits. It's just not competition to me. It's a waste of time.

So I stick with PvE as a rule.

I usually only PvP'd in WoW. Going through a raid once in a while wasnt too bad, but I was never really excited to do it. It was always the same rotations over and over with a little strafing and running around/through things. I loved the 40 man raids back in the day, but when it started cutting down to smaller raids, I just stopped caring for it.

I found PvP, whether I was in the best spec or not, to be more enjoyable. People have their own play styles which makes people partially unpredictable. A skill challenge for me was > gear/rotation/stay out of crap on the floor.