Priest "boosting" in TK

Hey guys.

So I saw on the realm of a friend a priest boosting in TK, even with non dagger use classes. This made me wonder if they changed it so you only need a white melee hit to break the MC on KT. Or how would he else break it?

MC lasts for 30 seconds, and isn't thrown on targets with maximum aggro. So either the priest "tanks" Kael and uses the dagger to break MC on other raid-member, or the other guy just has to wait until MC falls off.

Speaking from my experience of two-manning Kael (enhance+resto shamans).

Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    So you can break MC with only a white hit?
    Not really sure. In our duo I'm enhance, so I tank Kael, and when resto-shaman is MCed, I switch to dagger and hit him a few times. Maybe a few times I've broken MC just with white swings.

But if they're both geared, you can just live through 30 seconds of Mind Control, and then it falls off. Don't forget that you can CC controlled target (shaman's Hex works for sure, so I guess fear is usable too).
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2011-10-08 at 01:52 PM.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    Iirc you can't. But if you stay out of LoS in this phase you won't be MCd.

I've done TK a few times, and I found that melee dagger useless on non melee classes, the effect of the dagger proc breaks MC, however as a priest, you have no melee abilities, just autoattack. the weapons procs off melee Abilities so I'm guessing the priest was just getting dispelled or a melee was breaking their MC and they lacked the knowledge of event leading them to think the dagger was useful.

This phase of the event is pretty much the make or break. Someone should before the fight starts assign priorities on who needs to be dispelled first, highly geared dps should be the main focus, if their controlled quickly, normally don't need to worry much about heals. Kael MCs 3 ppl at a time, and as a priest, I was targetted almost everytime with 10 ppl in raid. As Healer spec, i'd heal Kael and holyfire/ pain alot.... As shadow spec... well I destoryed the raid when not CCd or dispelled, as did rogues.

This phase is all about control, not burning down the boss, letting players that are MCd run wild will lead very quickly to a wipe. As far as duoing it, I don't know the maintenaces of the fight to say for sure, but I can point out that resto shaman dps is low when MCd unlike a priest/druid/pally and there probably is a decent chance of the event reseting.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you should do really is how you do it "Solo" but with some more help in p1-3 then in phase four the other guy just runs to like void reavers room(or some where LoS) and stays there since you can LoS KT's MC he wont be affected, when the boss is @ 50% he will run and do his ritual thingy your friend can come help you dps some in p5. (he doesn't MC in p5)

Think that would work? If it does I will sure boost people in there after I get mine ^^ (If I do get it..)
    Ps. Late @ Night and I'm sleepy might be some spelling thingy problems

You can LOS the MC. My crap alt priest can heal through a fireland's geared rogue. I bet a better geared priest can heal through about anything. (Rogue was mc'd)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    You can LOS the MC. My crap alt priest can heal through a fireland's geared rogue. I bet a better geared priest can heal through about anything. (Rogue was mc'd)
    Didn't think of that he might be a healer... well if you are a healer then I can't help much ^^

OT: Nangz are your avatar a pony invincible? cuz that is cute

Yeah as far as i know LoS'ing the MC is the best way of doing it. don't really need to be a priest to do that.