Social points in SWTOR (video included)

In this video, released by SWTOR themself (so no NDA braking) we see a quest where the player gets social points. The developer talks about the social points at 7:30 in the video and sais "Acumelate enough of these (get enough of these social points) and he wil get acces to unique items and equipment"

Does that mean you will be at a disadvantage for beeing gray/light sith instead of dark?

What are these unique items and equipment? Is it like reputation rewards in wow (where if you get exhalted or something you can buy an epic) ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanfear1 View Post
    In this video, released by SWTOR themself (so no NDA braking) we see a quest where the player gets social points. The developer talks about the social points at 7:30 in the video and sais "Acumelate enough of these (get enough of these social points) and he wil get acces to unique items and equipment"

Does that mean you will be at a disadvantage for beeing gray/light sith instead of dark?

What are these unique items and equipment? Is it like reputation rewards in wow (where if you get exhalted or something you can buy an epic) ?
    You'll be at a disadvantage for being Grey. Being a Light or Dark Sith will give you different rewards, but you'll still get plenty. Same with Light and Dark Jedi etc. Being Grey however is apparently limited compared to Dark & Light.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. There will be gray gear as well. That was said at PAX and Gamescom.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

They have only said that there will be rewards from social points, not really gone into detail aside from it being gear sets.

Is it hard to get maxed on the social points? Do I need to be dark all the time, or can I spare some dude if I rly want to.
    My goal is to get all the available items asap

Quote Originally Posted by Lanfear1 View Post
    Is it hard to get maxed on the social points? Do I need to be dark all the time, or can I spare some dude if I rly want to.
    My goal is to get all the available items asap
    You get social points from doing things with other people. Has nothing to do with LS/DS points. You will get social points regardless of which side you pick (ls/ds/grey), as long as you are doing that with people.
    As far as how it works, I would guess it is like pvp valor (or whatever they call it). The more you do the higher the rank you are and the more gear becomes available. Maybe it has a cap, I dunno, but since you get it from grouping with others I imagine it would take a while to get max since you will be gathering these points through out the entire game (not just a specific level/area like reps in wow).

where is the video link

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be equal gear towards all three sides (Light, Dark Grey).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by torftw View Post
    You get social points from doing things with other people. Has nothing to do with LS/DS points. You will get social points regardless of which side you pick (ls/ds/grey), as long as you are doing that with people.
    As far as how it works, I would guess it is like pvp valor (or whatever they call it). The more you do the higher the rank you are and the more gear becomes available. Maybe it has a cap, I dunno, but since you get it from grouping with others I imagine it would take a while to get max since you will be gathering these points through out the entire game (not just a specific level/area like reps in wow).
    This is correct.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-10 at 12:27 AM.

Social Points are not related to dark, light, or gray at all.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    Social Points are not related to dark, light, or gray at all.
    This is correct. Social points are related to doing things in groups - questing, flashpoints.