10+ Year Old Account

Vessel, Essence, or License to Slay?

Hello good people of MMO-Champion! I have a question for you. So my first Ragnaros kill I won the Vessel of Acceleration, and next week I won Zoid's Firelit to replace my bad 1-handers so I switched to Unholy.

So then I went onto Ask Mr. Robot and it says that License to Slay and H. HoR are the BiS. Since I don't have H. HoR I switched my On-use Strength trinket to Essence of Eternal Flame.

Anyway the question is what trinket combo should I use? Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh... Thanks

Deleted
    if the OP actually was frost, that would be helpful. as it stands, the help he needs is for unholy. unholy might be different.

Deleted
    I understand Darsithis's frustration though, a topic like this shows up every day. If I was a little more confident I would have written a guide on trinket usage to at least tone down these topics a little.

Anyway to the OP,
    License to Slay and Vessel is the best combination from the trinkets you mentioned. Never use the Essence as Unholy, it's a horrible trinket unless you are in a Frost spec and you line it up with Pillar of Frost and make good use out of that 15-20 second window of high burst. However Vessel is not all that good of a trinket. Do you have access to a Heart of Rage normal? If you do use that one with License to Slay. I would highly recommend trying to find a group/pug to do Chimaeron with and hope you win that trinket. It's really good and you'll use it for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I understand Darsithis's frustration though, a topic like this shows up every day. If I was a little more confident I would have written a guide on trinket usage to at least tone down these topics a little.

Anyway to the OP,
    License to Slay and Vessel is the best combination from the trinkets you mentioned. Never use the Essence as Unholy, it's a horrible trinket unless you are in a Frost spec and you line it up with Pillar of Frost and make good use out of that 15-20 second window of high burst. However Vessel is not all that good of a trinket. Do you have access to a Heart of Rage normal? If you do use that one with License to Slay. I would highly recommend trying to find a group/pug to do Chimaeron with and hope you win that trinket. It's really good and you'll use it for a long time.
    I'll ask my guild one night to run me through to get it. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    I'll ask my guild one night to run me through to get it. Thanks.
    Go for heroic; with FL gear it'll be a cakewalk.

I don't play Unholy so this is more speculation than fact, but I was under the impression that Vessel normal was very low ranked for Unholy, even with the high passive strength on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flashur View Post
    I don't play Unholy so this is more speculation than fact, but I was under the impression that Vessel normal was very low ranked for Unholy, even with the high passive strength on it.
    It's not that Vessel is a good trinket, it's that this person doesn't have anything better to use. Vessel is a horrible trinket for Unholy, and Essence is one of the worst.