Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Many other games have the means to buy ingame currency for real money, but when WoW moves that direction people flip a bitch. Why? These other games STILL have issues with gold sellers just like WoW does. This won't make them go away, but will make things easier for those with a disposable income. I don't really see the issue...unless your upset that you are a hard core professions farmer... /gasp

If you can't beat the gold sellers you might as well join them. Except blizzards way is legal.

Hey Blizz, can we just skip the middle man and let me buy gold directly from you?

!0 dollars for a one shot pet is a total rip off considering all the other pets go to your entire account.

I'm gonna go crawl in a corner and cry. I was hoping this would never happen.

No, not only no, but HELL NO. This just the new lead in to charging people per character for every vanity pet. To soften the blow or perhaps redirect the anger they pretty it all up and market it as a gift giving experience. Now, if it optionally could used on all characters of the account that purchased it then I could see a $10 pet I can give away. I understand that what your getting is the ability to gift people without their having your real identity but this item just costs too much for one time use.

Everybody sing with me,

"Buy to wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin, buy to wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin. IF you need your BIS pre-heroic weapon, then just buy to wiiiiiiiiiiin."

Deleted
    cant say Im that surprised ..

This is not gold selling.This won't spell the end of WoW.The world will not end.Go back to your normal lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are being as stupid as always. This is not more of less "OMGOMG OFFICIAL BLIZZARD GOLDSELLING" than the TCG items, which have always been tradable. So your QQ is about 5 years late.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the other pets were pretty cool because they were usually with notable characters. This just seems a little excessive since you just had people shelve out $25 to buy the mount.

At the very least, they could have provided it to those who already have the mount for free and added the price tag for those who do not. Charging everyone for what is essentially a scaled down version with stretched out eyes falls further in the realm of greed which Blizzard is starting to get known for...

Also, I would love to see where the revenue these things bring in is being allocated. I can understand things such as the Cenarion Hatching for the tsunami relief in Japan as well as the Pandaren monk for charity but what about the others? Does the money go straight in to their pockets or does it actually go towards acquiring more resources since that seems to be the biggest excuse they come up with when asked to introduce something fresh in to the game.

If it's for the former and they are doing it to buy a bigger Yacht or pool, screw that; if it's for the latter or they are double dipping in to it with other Blizzard titles, fantastic! Just don't say so with no proof.

I won't buy it and I won't hate on those who do buy it but to those who do, understand that you are enabling them to think about more ways to nickle and dime the customers and one never knows just how far this will take us in this game or any future Blizzard titles.

Edit: Why do all my posts come out as a wall of text and I have to edit after?
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2011-10-10 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    Isn't $10 a little excessive for a single use pet? The others apply to all characters, include future ones, right?
    This is something that struck me too. For a single use pet, this is a little much. I guess it is their way to stop people from buying 10 just to make a bunch of gold. Since they are assuming that quite a few people will use it for that purpose. It sucks for those who just want the pet, but I think the pet itself is secondary to the ability to trade if for gold. At least that is what I am getting from their little Q&A.

What the... The head is gigantic. If anything, it should have been a mini celestial steed. That guardian mount is extremely tacky and ugly! Couldn't they have made a new pet model? Or better yet, put it in the game instead of milking impulsive customers

Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    Isn't $10 a little excessive for a single use pet? The others apply to all characters, include future ones, right?
    My thought as well.
    Honestly don't know what to make of Blizzard anymore.. *sigh*
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

To me, Blizzard just put the final nail in their coffin. What they're doing, weather they admit it or not, is testing out a real life money = in game advantage system. In addition to that, it's basically them selling gold. There is no way they can change the fact that they've been completely against selling money, until now. Now though, since they can make money off of it, they are allowing it, even if it is a round-a-bout way they're doing so.

For me, I can safely say, WoW is dead.

Note since people will make comments; This is my opinion. If you disagree, that's fine, but don't try to come in here and tell me I'm wrong because I don't agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    "Blizzzard never listens to the fans"...."Since the introduction of the Pet Store, many players have been asking for ways to get the companions we offer there without having to spend real-world cash. - Hmmm seems they listen, but you guys might not like it.
    I think the problem is that people asked for a way to get this in game with gold or some other method, not as a way for Blizzard to sell gold. I know it may be arguing semantics, but having an item obtainable via in game means, really isn't the same as selling an item for money that in turn can then be obtained by others via in game means.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2011-10-10 at 04:37 PM.

Oh god, it's face... other that that it's cute? I see Blizzard is adopting the marketplace feature from Korean MMOs. Now we can play with bloated inflation on a subscription game soon too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andelormon View Post
    Many other games have the means to buy ingame currency for real money, but when WoW moves that direction people flip a bitch. Why? These other games STILL have issues with gold sellers just like WoW does. This won't make them go away, but will make things easier for those with a disposable income. I don't really see the issue...unless your upset that you are a hard core professions farmer... /gasp
    The other MMOs that usually do that are F2P. WoW isn't.

wow... here activision goes milking some more money... this time indirectly selling ingame gold without causing direct inflation. And here I hoped the game wasn't completely lost yet. Now I see...

Deleted
    Personally I'm not a fan of the face, it fails for me in trying to be cute

Quote Originally Posted by paloalto View Post
    Everybody sing with me,

"Buy to wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin, buy to wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin. IF you need your BIS pre-heroic weapon, then just buy to wiiiiiiiiiiin."
    You could buy them already? Whats you're point?

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.