Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    not surprised, another move to squeeze more money from the players to combat the loss they are getting from all the people leaving the game

Quote Originally Posted by GhostInTheFog View Post
    not like it's a big deal anyway. everyone is going to have the bright idea of trying to sell these things for gold and the AH will flood with them. They'll go for like 200g a piece.
    Exactly this...but...a normal irrational immature knee jerk reaction in the forums...typical...moving on

Quote Originally Posted by Jedek View Post
    At least we agree. The only legal RMT is the kind that earns Blizzard a cut.
    People have been buying gold for almost 7 years. It's a fight that is impossible for Blizzard to win.

At least this way some of the money goes back into the game.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Lmao arguing for the sake of it, the point always was that buying ingame items for real world cash and turning it into gold was always legal. And sending a loot code via Email takes 35 days and there are no buyout options on ebay. Grow up kiddo.
    I'm not arguing for the sake of it, I was just responding to your seemingly angry post. Yes the TCG method is legal, but utilized by few, and Blizzard did not get a cut. As for the time involved for the TCG method vs in game, you are really going to argue the new in game method with the pet isn't faster? I'm just trying to figure out why you are still so angry about these posts. The bottom line is Blizzard is legalizing RMT with their cut. Grow up kid and maybe come back when you aren't as angry

Deleted
    Did I ever specifically mention "really rare loot cards,".... no, you can make money off of any of the loot cards. I do have a clue, it just isn't worth the amount of time you have put into it. Why are you so angry? Probably because the Blizz method of gold selling will quickly supplant the TCG method. If the TCG method were easy, everyone, or should I say, a lot more people would be doing it, but they aren't. Don't be so mad Baikalsan, I'll sell you an ingame guardian pet for 15k, cheap
    Nah thanks I'll stick with my wooly white rhino and blazing hippogryph....

I don't give a crap about TCG or the store, I have stuff from both. The point is that buying gold has been legal for a while now and blizzard profits from selling card and those sales get boosted by rare items.......learn 2 think kidda before you go mad.

Nooooooo! The great thing about the previous Blizz store pets and mounts was, that once purchased, it was sent to every character on that account. Me being an altoholic, I loved that and so far have purchased every store pet and mount and been happy with them on my many alts. But I'm surely not going to buy a 10$ if only 1 out of 20 characters can get it. Seems like a waste of money. I MIGHT buy it on the Auction house in a far distant future, when the (ingame gold) price of this pet has dropped significantly and gold sellers sell it for around 5k.

*glup glup glup glup* More milking please They just made money for gold real though....

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not selling gold. Blizzard doesn't create gold for the transaction.

The gold comes from other people, not Blizzard. Blizzard is selling a pet.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

yet again they create useless shit...

Deleted
    I'm not arguing for the sake of it, I was just responding to your seemingly angry post. Yes the TCG method is legal, but utilized by few, and Blizzard did not get a cut. As for the time involved for the TCG method vs in game, you are really going to argue the new in game method with the pet isn't faster? I'm just trying to figure out why you are still so angry about these posts. The bottom line is Blizzard is legalizing RMT with their cut. Grow up kid and maybe come back when you aren't as angry
    Your passive agressive "u mad?" crap is funny as hell. I would be mad if I wasn't used to people not being able to use logic. BLIZZARD PROFITS FROM THE TCG SALES BECAUSE OF RARE CARDS AND THE SALES OF THOSE PACKS

Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    Isn't $10 a little excessive for a single use pet? The others apply to all characters, include future ones, right?
    This. At least make it cheaper! For crying out loud, it's a whole lot more difficult to reconcile spending $10 on a pet for a single character than a pet for an entire account. $10 for 10+ pets across an account is a much better deal than spending $10 on a pet for only one character.

Not happy with this move at all. I collect mounts/pets on my main, however I also want this pet on certain alts that use the winged guardian mount more frequently than my main.
    Last edited by Barzulan; 2011-10-10 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paloalto View Post
    Post pet store: "Guys, calm down. They are just vanity items. They won't ever add gear or add anything you can sell. Chill out."

Post TCG cards: "Guys, calm down. There's a really low chance you'll get a card anyway, so why does it matter? And it's still just vanity stuff."

Post Guardian cub: "Guys, calm down. It's just vanity stuff, so who cares if you can sell it for in-game gold. It's not like they are directly selling gear or gold."

Post MoP: "Guys, calm down. You can get your tier gear through farming heroics or raids anyway. Who cares if people can buy it, and that's it's also BoE?"
    I am wondering myself how much it will take before WoW players revolt like Eve players did during Monaclegate. When it happens it will not be pretty. That blue post up there is just shameless.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol @ all the people thinking this will be a way to make the serious cash needed to buy epics, do you think there won't be a finite market to these things?

Sure the first month you may be rightly able to sell them easily for anywhere between 10-50k but then all the pet enthousiasts have it and the market will mostly dry up and you'll be stuck trying to sell them and waiting maybe a week or 2 before you do sell them.

I trade high value pets all the time, sometimes farm them a bit if I'm in the mood. To sell those expensive pets takes time and patience. It's not going to be a question of simply buying them and getting money, not by a long shot.

In the end there will be a huge uproar over nothing and the effect of it on what we do in game will be small.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    yet again they create useless shit...
    No! It's content! Glorious content!

Why make interesting raids and dungeons anymore? Just sell crap that wowdrones will buy.

"Yes Master Blizzard, may I purchase more crap?"

Soooo I don't get it on all my characters like all the other pets/mounts from the Blizzard store?Not worth 10$. If it's going to be like this, they should lower the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy View Post
    SO basically, I feel this doesn't affect jack unless they start selling the highest level gear.
    You've really missed the picture. If people buy gold illegally why do you think they won't use this safe way?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycefli View Post
    I personally welcome this It's about time they did more to directly "Fight fire with Fire" - if it helps stop some real life scams and credit card fraud, along with account thefts, it can only be a good thing.
    This but its shame none of that money goes into developing interesting end-game content, the trend now is just re-using and less bosses. Ppl can say that "game is old" and all kinds of shit, but the truth is, they can create good content only if they'd want to. U can look at the textures, sounds everything of buyable pets, those are brilliant compared to some in-game drop pets.

Deleted
    less useless shit please. kkthxbuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzil View Post
    You've really missed the picture. If people buy gold illegally why do you think they won't use this safe way?
    If it's impossible to stop the illegal trade isn't it then better to offer a legal solution?

I wonder how many of the nay-sayers here are actually for legalizing marijuana......
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Jagstang View Post
    No! It's content! Glorious content!

Why make interesting raids and dungeons anymore? Just sell crap that wowdrones will buy.

"Yes Master Blizzard, may I purchase more crap?"
    Because a pet one of the guys at blizzard did during his lunch break is taking away from endgame development, right?