Poll: Bad Idea?

Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    Deleted

Guardian Cub Tradable - Bad Idea?

Do you think it's a bad idea that Blizzard is making the Guardian Cub tradable?

I really don't like the idea that this will essentially be buying gold and players will simply buy this to sell at silly prices! Not to mention it's now $10 for a pet per character as opposed to $10 for a per per account

That's what you get for sticking with a company that decided to put in D3 RMAH.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever buys it for gold knowing it obviously costs $10 either has a fuckton of gold, or isn't smart.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

I can see where this is going.... (Not really)
    Also I think players have the right to sell what they payed money for. .......As long as said item doesnt have the words "Limited Time" attached to it.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2011-10-10 at 05:27 PM.

Er...did we need another thread on this? Why not just use the news post instead of making another thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Are you referring to the most brilliant idea ever introduced? Every game, yes everyone, will implement this within the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the problem?
    If someone really wanted to waste the $10 on the pet for money then why wouldn't they just go for gold selling sites. Where it's cheaper. It's not like gold is hard to come by these days

Quote Originally Posted by er0ckuh View Post
    Whoever buys it for gold knowing it obviously costs $10 either has a fuckton of gold, or isn't smart.
    Not smart for not wasting their RL money for something they can buy with fake money?

Lol?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a bad idea. But it's a step onto the slippery slope toward a bad idea.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    I wanted to make a poll on it to discuss this issue solely

Deleted
    The idea is great, it means that anyone can make some money if they really want to burn real cash and hopefully try and get rid of gold farmers. If it works is something else time will tell.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Pretty much this. I quit as soon as I heard about that because i knew it would leak into wow. People laughed at me and said I was stupid, jokes on them. Wish it were on me instead, Blizzard has gone soooo far down now. This is only their first step.

Makes you wonder if this is because of really bad sub numbers. Also wonder if this is going to cause more people to leave than to stay.

Deleted
    I LOVE this idea!

Why, you ask? Oh, I'll tell you why and laugh while typing!

Because everyone that buys it with the purpose of putting it on AH and getting loads of gold, is going to get SO disappointed! There will be loads of pets on the AH and the price will start at several thousand gold, but within 24 hours, it will be down to a few hundred, simply because there are so many of them. VERY few people will make enough gold to really notice it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    Pretty much this. I quit as soon as I heard about that because i knew it would leak into wow. People laughed at me and said I was stupid, jokes on them. Wish it were on me instead, Blizzard has gone soooo far down now. This is only their first step.

Makes you wonder if this is because of really bad sub numbers. Also wonder if this is going to cause more people to leave than to stay.
    Honestly you sound like you have some underlying Blizzard hate if you quit WoW over something Blizzard already said would not work in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you guys hate it so much you could boycott it and make sure to buy none in-game/Real life. If so many people are disappointed with this then it should work >.<

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Are you referring to the most brilliant idea ever introduced? Every game, yes everyone, will implement this within the year.
    also just to point out, the D3 forums has significantly less traffic then the SWTOR and GW2 forums. While I think you believe this idea may be the best thing since sliced bread, the fact that on a WoW website it has less traffic than the other two games in my eyes shows just how bad the idea will make it flop.

Deleted
    It's a bad idea. People will buy them for money, sell them for gold, buy BoEs with said gold and as such skip the grind, skip the need to do dungeons or previous raids for gear and just jump in last tier available. Or even buy BoEs from last tier and as such have some of the best gear for real life money. Since unlike Diablo 3, this is a MMO where your power related to other players's power counts, they'd become better then others by use of real life money.

So this will turn WoW into a payed subscription game that offers payed services to get ahead of others. I'm calling it now, in a few years they'll sell the raids from patches for real money as well... or maybe new player models... or new classes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I LOVE this idea!

Why, you ask? Oh, I'll tell you why and laugh while typing!

Because everyone that buys it with the purpose of putting it on AH and getting loads of gold, is going to get SO disappointed! There will be loads of pets on the AH and the price will start at several thousand gold, but within 24 hours, it will be down to a few hundred, simply because there are so many of them. VERY few people will make enough gold to really notice it...
    And the simple law of the Auction House.

The Simple Law of the Auction House:
    A player will not buy an item if they find it overpriced.

So given time, the price will free-fall as the market is oversaturated with sellers trying to undercut each other by a few hundred gold to seem non-overpriced.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably going to see these things on the AH randomly for like 10k gold - you know what's going on there.

Deleted
    I'm still peeved that in order to do this they basically nerfed the pet into a 1 character only pet as opposed to a pet for every character old and new!