Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OtisJay View Post
    curses. i'm at work and can't view your reply.. what fight is that?
    Anakin and Obi-Wan at the end of Revenge of the Sith

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Judging by some video of a jedi knight playing the different lightsaber forms are like a warriors stances.
    From what I understand, they are closer to Death Knight Presences - you aren't required to be in a certain form to use certain abilities, but the forms give you buffs to defense or offense or whatever, like Death Knight Presences.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    From what I understand, they are closer to Death Knight Presences - you aren't required to be in a certain form to use certain abilities, but the forms give you buffs to defense or offense or whatever, like Death Knight Presences.
    I like the Idea i just wish there was more to it than what the DK presences are like. Faster attack. Or something. you know. like certain Form/style makes your combat look more defensive offensive as well and you can noticiblely tell the difference. But it seems the combat is amazing as is
    Last edited by Thriod; 2011-10-11 at 02:26 PM.

Deleted
    The battle in Revenge of the Sith is well boring. Completely choreographed emotionless crap. The fight in Return of The Jedi is amazing. No complex moves and crap, actually looks real.

And the prequels are terrible. They don't make any sense at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by creedster View Post
    The battle in Revenge of the Sith is well boring. Completely choreographed emotionless crap. The fight in Return of The Jedi is amazing. No complex moves and crap, actually looks real.

How can you call the final battle between Anakin and Obi-wan emotionless? There are quite a few flaws in the movie but lacking emotion (especially in that scene) is not one of them at all. Hell what do you want the emperor mocking Obi-wan as he fought, the original series was awesome but they combat scenes are....rather bland shall we say? All in all let's decide to disagree about the movies and try not to get too off topic eh?
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

How do they not make sense? They were supposed to explain where Anakin came from, and how he became well known amongst the Jedi, and then his downfall to the Sith. And obviously it was choreographed because well, if you are making a film where you are able to do flashy stuff. Especially when the characters have "the force" allowing them to do super human things. Would you not want it in your film if it was your own story?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriod View Post
    How do they not make sense? They were supposed to explain where Anakin came from, and how he became well known amongst the Jedi, and then his downfall to the Sith. And obviously it was choreographed because well, if you are making a film where you are able to do flashy stuff. Especially when the characters have "the force" allowing them to do super human things. Would you not want it in your film if it was your own story?
    That's the thing, they make Darth Vader/Anakin into too much of a big thing. Just because he was popular in the outside world Lucas let that interfere with the movies. In A New Hope vader was just like a henchman who does the dirty work of the empire, goes in with the troops and flies TIE fighters and that. Then in the prequels they make him out to be space jesus, came from a virginal birth supposedly to fulfill some prophecy which is doesn't make sense itself. Also he's a bad apple from the beginning, he never has a downfall he's always a jerk. Obi Wan claims in the original 'that he was a good friend'. All they do is argue and never get along.. blah blah blah there's just too much stuff to go into. Forget it.

To each their own.

I'm in the most current beta build and it's not NDA breaking to let you know that yes the Sith/Jedi classes have different saber forms. In fact due to the playable game being shown around at events and info from the devs themselves, some of the forms are public knowledge nd are easily found in the SWTOR wiki for example.(which does not contain any NDA breaking info to my knowledge at all)

That's the thing, they make Darth Vader/Anakin into too much of a big thing. Just because he was popular in the outside world Lucas let that interfere with the movies. In A New Hope vader was just like a henchman who does the dirty work of the empire, goes in with the troops and flies TIE fighters and that. Then in the prequels they make him out to be space jesus, came from a virginal birth supposedly to fulfill some prophecy which is doesn't make sense itself. Also he's a bad apple from the beginning, he never has a downfall he's always a jerk. Obi Wan claims in the original 'that he was a good friend'. All they do is argue and never get along.. blah blah blah there's just too much stuff to go into. Forget it.

To each their own.
    He became something big when you find out he is Luke's father. Personally if they never made movies after the original 3 and i watched them like i did for the first time about 8 years ago (i am 16) i would've been curious about so many things to do with Darth Vader. People don't just become evil specially when they were old best friends with a guy who is pretty much the exact opposite of evil. He wasn't so much a jerk, more he had a strong state of mind and opinion and sometimes didn't think that they councils or his master's (Obi's) plans were the right things to do. Sorry about the terrible replies, it's 1:45 am and i need sleep. So my brains a bit hazy.

Also we got majorly off topic xP. Oh and i guess everyone has their own opinion on things, and i respect your's as i hope you respect mine. Like how some people like all 6 movies. And some people only love the originals.
    Last edited by Thriod; 2011-10-11 at 02:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a thread about Lightsaber combat, not a thread about how good or bad the prequels are. Stay on topic

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, Guardians/Juggys use Soresu as their 'Tanking' Stance, Sent/Mara's can choose either Juyo (for sustained) or Ataru (for burst) Single Saber Dps get Shien, and EVERYONE gets Shii-cho. Makeshi and Niman don't seem to be in, despite alot of people thinking Niman would have made sense for Sent's
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I never read up on SW novels and SW lore, so all these stance names are new to me.

When did the Jedi become Japanese?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Up to this date, all we've seen is 1? maby two combat forms for the Sith warrior and the Jedi knight. Haven't seen anything about Inquisitors and their mirror yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    Up to this date, all we've seen is 1? maby two combat forms for the Sith warrior and the Jedi knight. Haven't seen anything about Inquisitors and their mirror yet.
    inquisitors dont have fighting stance, at least not the sorcerers

Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    Actually there are different forms and stances. They start with shii-cho form and then they tank's stance is soresu. I know that dual wielder get vaapad. That's all I know but I guess there are more
    Yup yup, vaapad should be badass

I'm so sick of ppl bad mouthing the 1st 3 movies, sure ep1 is rather bad, 2 and 3 are fuckign awesome, and the more i watch em the better they get, they actualy have Jedi doing things it, Luke isn't a Jedi till the last part of "Return" and Obi-wan dies half way into "Hope" and Yoda does nothing but talk and then die, so they hardly count as Jedi movies, they theres only a hand full of scenes with lightsabers in them,I'm 25 and was spoon-fed SW as a kid but i watch star wars for the Jedi and fighting and u don't see much of that at all in the original movies.
    TL,DR "Attack" and "Revenge" are TRUE movies about Jedi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I never read up on SW novels and SW lore, so all these stance names are new to me.

since ever :P the Jedi are basically magic space Samurai, everything from their fighting system, to their weapons to their code is based on Samurai.

and Baba we've seen three, Guardian page mentions Soresu, then Sent pages mentions Ataru and Juyo, the others are from my..... Personal.... guess work.. yeah.. guessing..

as for Inq/Cons they don't use Saberforms they use a 'Charge/Technique' based system, similar to pally seals, or Shammy weapon imbues.

also, I was reading the other night... is it true the idea of 'Saber Forms' came from Kotor 2? I hadn't thought of it that way, but then once my friend said that it kinda made sense, in the original trilogy, hell in the original KOTOR there's no mention of Saber forms, Kotor 2 rolls about, gives them names, rough descriptions, and suddenly they're frakkin everywhere.. That said niether of us are MASSIVE EU fans(stupid budget crises'... oh wait, wrong EU D'oh!), so we might have just missed them cropping up.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post

The Jedi always have been associated with a Zen Buddhist philosophy. Only makes sense that saber form names would have a samurai type feel to them. if you want more info, look them up on wookipeedia, lots of info on them over there. For example, Ataru form also called Form IV,The Way of the Hawk-Bat, and The Aggression Form etc etc etc.

EDIT: Gallahaad, saber forms were given formal names in the Star Wars Insider Issue 62 OCT 2002 and KOTOR 2 came out in 2004, so nope. But different styles of saber combat were choreographed and thought up by GL and hiss fight choreographers well before that, they just had no names yet.
    Last edited by Temeluchus; 2011-10-11 at 04:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The prequels were horrible because there were a ton of plot holes that Lucas even knew was already there, not to mention a ton of horrible acting (do i need to mention the balcony scene with Padme and Anakin in Ep 3?) Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZ...el_video_title

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
    EDIT: Gallahaad, saber forms were given formal names in the Star Wars Insider Issue 62 OCT 2002 and KOTOR 2 came out in 2004, so nope. But different styles of saber combat were choreographed and thought up by GL and hiss fight choreographers well before that, they just had no names yet.
    yeah I just got it in the neck from his as well :P apprently he mean the NAMES came from Kotor two, and some of the roughly styling, not the whole concept