Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How is 4.3 Enhancement AOE so far?

As title states, anyone on the PTR been able to do much testing of it?

have any video links with a DPS meter?

I was looking on Youtube.com but could only find one video and didn't really show me much
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    The last time i was on the ptr flame shock wouldn't spread to dummys. Damage meters weren't working either. Id like to know how they are doing tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, hope one of my fellow Shaman have something to show us then
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Yeah i havent found a working damage meter yet, but i can tell you that it is a far more flowing sequence then on live. Rather then tab targeting to mobs that might be out of meele range (reducing your malestorm stacks and by extension chainlightning) and hope you can get enough shocks up to do decent damage before everything was dead was a bad way to go from the start. atleast on trash in the new instances it seems to be spreading just fine..... toss in an unleash elements and and judging by the actual numbers im seeing i have to believe it is a rather large jump once i can actually see a meter on it.

I do also want to add that it actually feels like a real aoe now. the kind where you know your top damage is going to be the aoe and by a large margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The last time i was on the ptr flame shock wouldn't spread to dummys. Damage meters weren't working either. Id like to know how they are doing tho.
    www.wowace.com/addons/recount/files

just download the most recent one. you are welcome.

ontopic: just found the time to test elesham for now, maybe if i have spare time i could test it, but not tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reyu View Post

ontopic: just found the time to test elesham for now, maybe if i have spare time i could test it, but not tonight.
    If you DO, please please please come back here and post. I'd really like to know how we're doing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reyu View Post

Thanks, I will test it out later tonight then. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome! Can't wait to see results

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't give you any numbers but as far as mechanics are concerned the new LL spreading FS is perfect and works very well. You can stick to one target now, get 4 FN's up at one time and periodically cast CL via MW5. Even if you are not aoe'ing, being able to spread FS around on a few elites for some extra dot damage is awesome. We will probably be able to take more advantage of ULE FT for aoe now as well.

can somebody just give how hard the FN damages a single target for some napkin math? It can be seen on just the dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    can somebody just give how hard the FN damages a single target for some napkin math? It can be seen on just the dummies.
    Damage is unchanged so it should do the same damage it does now on live

Quote Originally Posted by Applesaus View Post
    Damage is unchanged so it should do the same damage it does now on live
    Oh, right. Going to do it myself when I get home then.

Deleted
    if i recall, FN doesnt damage the target it bursts from so using FN on single target does no damage

Quote Originally Posted by Misirlou View Post
    if i recall, FN doesnt damage the target it bursts from so using FN on single target does no damage
    Good thing that dummies are gathered together, isn't it?

My question is, if you UE => FS => LL => FN, do the other FS get the buff of damage when they spread? Or should you FS => LL => UE => FN?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Entizer View Post
    My question is, if you UE => FS => LL => FN, do the other FS get the buff of damage when they spread? Or should you FS => LL => UE => FN?
    Well....not sure but I think if you ule/fs/LL it will spread FS with the buffed damage of the first FS. But if you want to get the most out of your aoe damage you should use ULE before FN not FS.

Someone tested this on the PTR already, seems it doesn´t spread UE FS to other targets after LL.

http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t126436-...2/#post2016967

I have one concern. When all targets have a FS dot, and you use another FS->LL, will it refresh the FS, or just ignore them?

I know the mechanic is that it will spread the dot preferably to targets that don't have a FS dot or aren't CC'ed.
    But what if all targets have a FS dot? Did someone test this?

Probably it won't matter as the need to use AoE will be gone when FS dot is expired.
    But maybe in hypothetical case of doing AoE for long periods on 4-5mobs, it may matter to pay attention to timers and not use FS->LL on cd to avoid 5 seconds of 0-1 FS's running and LL on cd since FN won't extend the duration of FS in 4.3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    I have one concern. When all targets have a FS dot, and you use another FS->LL, will it refresh the FS, or just ignore them?
    Just tried this, it seems like it will only spread to targets that don't have the dot already and not refresh. I.E if you have 5 targets with flame shock and one without, it will only spread to the one without and do nothing to the other's duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    So did anyone ever make a video testing out the new aoe?