Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    When I had cabled, I DVRed my shows. Now without cable, I still catch my shows the next day. BTW I love Community. But I also raid on Sunday and Monday which have the rest of my shows (for the most part).
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I usually see Tuesday/Weds/Sun as the most common days personally, presumably because thurs/fri/sat are nights when a lot of people go out I guess. I'm completely out of it as far as TV schedules go though I don't even have cable, 27" computer monitor turned towards the couch works well for me

Most guilds raid Tuesday because it's the start of the week. They tend to raid Thursdays, as well, so that they don't have to raid 2 nights in a row.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks75 View Post
    Who watches TV?
    Fixed for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My bf works on Tuesday evenings.. you can imagine how hard it was for us to find a guild heh. Searching through all EST / some CST realms and only came up with 4 guilds that don't raid on Tuesdays + were recruiting our classes. At least you can get around your dilemma by DVRing your shows. We DVR Survivor & Amazing Race since our guild raids Wednesdays/Sundays. Not a big deal. =P

More people that those who watch TV on their computer. For many reasons like a bigger screen, sitting on your sofa and, in my case, with how much TV I watch, I'd pay more than for the cable if I'd watch TV online, because I'd exceed my download limit.
    Although I do prefer watching our actual TV for this exact reason as well. We didn't buy a 50" just for it to sit there and collect dust! =) WTB a better couch now, hrmmm...
    I am a filthy casual!

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Most guilds just raid Tues-Thurs so that there isn't a huge gap in between Wed and Monday when you are trying to learn encounters.

Also, get a DVR. You'll thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
    My bf works on Tuesday evenings.. you can imagine how hard it was for us to find a guild heh. Searching through all EST / some CST realms and only came up with 4 guilds that don't raid on Tuesdays + were recruiting our classes. At least you can get around your dilemma by DVRing your shows. We DVR Survivor & Amazing Race since our guild raids Wednesdays/Sundays. Not a big deal. =P

Although I do prefer watching our actual TV for this exact reason as well. We didn't buy a 50" just for it to sit there and collect dust! =) WTB a better couch now, hrmmm...

How did you find your guild? I would love to find a M/W raiding guild.

You could do that with any weekday

Monday: How I Met Your Mother, 2 Broke Girls, Mike & Molly, Castle, The Sing-off, Dancing with the Stars
    Tuesday: The Biggest Loser, Parenthood, DWTS (results show)
    Wednesday: Survivor, Modern Family, Up All Night, X-Factor

and those are just SOME of the shows i download...get TiVo or L2Torrent

p.s. thank god for uncapped downloads, if they ever impose a bandwidth cap where I live I'll def have to move.

oh, and to the people talking about how much better TVs are than watching stuff on your computer...with just the attachment of a cable or two, you too can hook your computer up to your TV.
    Last edited by Youvegotfail; 2011-10-12 at 09:16 PM.

Deleted
    my guild raids sun/mon/tue and we are 7/7hc

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    How did you find your guild? I would love to find a M/W raiding guild.
    Dont live in Canada.. we are capped by whatever limit we pay for 20gigs, 30gigs, 60gigs, 120gigs, 300gigs. At least in my area. I just PRV any show that I might miss with raiding. and my 10s team runs Thurs and monday.

ITT people who do know how to DVR or hook their computers up to their tv after dling a show vs people who think raid days should be planned around their individual viewing preferences of crappy TV show X.

Seriously of all the reasons to complain about raid scheduling the OP picked TV shows? Given the 500000 work arounds this problem has can it even be considered a problem anymore? I haven't actively stopped what I was doing to actively watch a T.V. show at air time in years because there's no reason to. Any T.V. show can be viewed any time as often as you want through any medium you want with a modicum of effort or monetary investment.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Because raiding is better than TV...especially TV you can watch any time you'd like online the next day. Doesn't bother me any if you like TV that much, but you're going to have a hard time finding a good guild if you value your TV shows that aren't even that good over raiding.

As for your answer in regards to Thurs, Tues-Thurs are the most common raiding days by miles for simple reasons...considering the WoW week starts on Tues, the first few days are when a lot of folks want to raid and when people are most available, as even some of the most hardcore guilds prefer to have weekends off or at least save them for alt runs. The people that actually want to kill shit don't care about TV, it's really up to you which one you want more.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    ITT people who do know how to DVR or hook their computers up to their tv after dling a show vs people who think raid days should be planned around their individual viewing preferences of crappy TV show X.

Seriously of all the reasons to complain about raid scheduling the OP picked TV shows? Given the 500000 work arounds this problem has can it even be considered a problem anymore? I haven't actively stopped what I was doing to actively watch a T.V. show at air time in years because there's no reason to. Any T.V. show can be viewed any time as often as you want through any medium you want with a modicum of effort or monetary investment.
    I should mention unlike most around here I'm not foreveralone.jpg

The time is spent watching these shows with my girl, meeting friends for HH, boxing/MMA, etc..

I'm a Software Engineer I know how to work the google on the internet machine. I need Tues and Thurs off to please the lady and after searching I notice almost all guilds raid either Tuesday or Thursday or both. My career is also very demanding so 2 nights is all I have.

Deleted
    Dude you can record it yourself or simply download 175/350mb rips of those shows. We Europeans can't even watch them any other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    Although I might be flamed by posting this, I actually like the show a little bit, but you forgot to mention on Thursdays it's Jersey Shore day :P
    He didn't forget, no one with a brain watches Jersey Shore.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

I wouldn't put anything in my life on hold for a raid including tv shows.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

You made me think I missed a Vampire diaries, fu >.<

who doesnt raid while watching TV?

Quote Originally Posted by federline View Post
    my guild raids sun/mon/tue and we are 7/7hc
    Yeah doesn't work so good us servers due to reset on tues, 5 day gap when working on a fight would suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because generally, Thursday is the first stable day after a major patch.

Broken addons, broken servers, broken encounters... much less likely to harass you on a Thursday.