Thread: You wake up...

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

You wake up...

As any experienced Bioware (and Bethesda) gamer will tell you, you always start the game waking up somewhere strange, usually in a prison cell. Where do you think your character will wake up, and how do you think S/He got there? (include what class you are playing)

Deleted
    Haha ermm.. wake up in... a hotties bed? Hopefully.

My Trooper's gonna wake up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    My Trooper's gonna wake up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy.
    If this was facebook i would like that comment.
    Bravo sir.

Er - Depends on the story but i have a 'feeling' my Sith Marauder is going to be sat on a hill meditating.... Just a feeeeling shall we say =p

A Jedi Knight would probably wake up in that school... Place? I'm really not much of a SWTOR nerd, so I don't know names and stuff. The idea of a school to train noobs in the way of the Force seems like it'd happen, though. So makes sense that we wake up there, about to graduate maybe?

If I'm horribly wrong then please feel free to correct me here. xD

From an IA's perspective. I can picture an intro where my character is standing on top of a cliff, overlooking a compound, holding a hologram of his/her target. And then the game starts with an opening quest being to kill the target by infiltrating the compound. I haven't read any leaks about the intros so this is just my idea of what could be a cool introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    A Jedi Knight would probably wake up in that school... Place? I'm really not much of a SWTOR nerd, so I don't know names and stuff. The idea of a school to train noobs in the way of the Force seems like it'd happen, though. So makes sense that we wake up there, about to graduate maybe?

If I'm horribly wrong then please feel free to correct me here. xD
    Academy I would assume it's called
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    As any experienced Bioware (and Bethesda) gamer will tell you, you always start the game waking up somewhere strange, usually in a prison cell. Where do you think your character will wake up, and how do you think S/He got there? (include what class you are playing)
    You don't wake up somewhere strange in the first Mass Effect and the Sith Warrior won't wake up somewhere strange (won't spoil the beginning for those who haven't seen it, it isn't NDA breaking since it was in a TB video). But if I could choose where to begin? Have my Sith Warrior wake up after meditating among a field of dead bodies after a large fight.

Edit:
    Dragon Age you don't wake up somewhere strange.
    Dragon Age 2 you don't wake up somewhere strange.
    Mass Effect 2 you do after the beginning sequence.
    Smuggler you don't.

Which games do you wake up somewhere strange?
    Last edited by Merrena; 2011-10-13 at 08:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Seven a.m., waking up on Old Tython
    Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs
    Gotta have my bowl, gotta have my Galactic Grits
    Seein' everything, the time is goin'
    Tickin' on and on, everybody's meditatin'
    Gotta get down to the Space Port
    Gotta catch my Ship, I see my Master!

Trainin' in the front seat
    Trainin' in the back seat
    Gotta make my mind up
    Which droids am I looking for?

It's Launch Day, Launch Day
    Gotta get down on Launch Day
    Everybody's lookin' forward to 12/20/11 , 12/20/11
    Launch Day, Launch Day
    Gettin' down on Launch Day
    Everybody's lookin' forward to 12/20/11"

I think my Consular will wake up like this.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    From an IA's perspective. I can picture an intro where my character is standing on top of a cliff, overlooking a compound, holding a hologram of his/her target. And then the game starts with an opening quest being to kill the target by infiltrating the compound. I haven't read any leaks about the intros so this is just my idea of what could be a cool introduction.
    That would be AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Academy I would assume it's called
    ...Riiiiight. Yeah. That. Man my brain is fried. >>; Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    My BH will wake up in some god forsaken place, with a terrible headache and no recollection of the previous night. Indication of how hard he partied last night with the credits from his last bounty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was more hoping that I wake up, 2 months from now and the game is released.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Afaik, you do not wake up at all in SWTOR. You arrive in a ship (maybe even yours and then lose it somehow) to your starter planet depending on your class. Smuggler, for instance (as show in videos) arrives at Ord Mantel "sneaking" thru orbital blockade, lands hot and then gets his ship hijacked by some guy on the planet who just flies away in YOUR ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    waking up in a dank cell, next to a corpse
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Waking up next to a driod and finding motor oil all over the bed, wondering "...what the hell did I do last night?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayt8291 View Post
    Waking up next to a driod and finding motor oil all over the bed, wondering "...what the hell did I do last night?"
    Mmm, pleasure Droid.
    Last edited by mmoc8d1df16656; 2011-10-13 at 01:55 PM.

Hehe, pleasure druid sounds awesmome, like a wife but with out the #$!#$$

10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC as an Inquisitor we're slaves to begin with, so I'm guessin wake up in a cell with a bunch of other dudes, then get sent out to break rocks or something, before I flip out and fry the slave master with a burst of purple lightning
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    Something like this would be amazing..
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?