Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Bashiok about new content!

I found an interesting response from Bashiok
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Yeah, we need to offer a lot of different kinds of content so that non-raiders still have things to do, or even for raiders to do on off nights. The Molten Front dailies were really popular for several weeks, but like all content, players eventually move on. We hope the DMF and even Transmog will provide some non-raid focused activities in 4.3, but beyond that we have plans to do a lot more. And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Sourse:
    http://bit.ly/paLdcQ
    So I think next xpac will show as something brand new mechanic of game!

What do you think?

Edit: Damn misspeled Bashiok's name xD
    Last edited by Black Rider; 2011-10-14 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Edit: Damn misspeled Bashiok's name xD

Sounds more like them adding in a lot of hubs, maybe a new profession or two, etc to give a wide range of players things to do. Could you image a handful of areas with rewards and stuff similar to Molten Front (I loved the molten Front if you can't tell)? Maybe some PvP themed. Awesome. Sounds EXCELLENT regardless of how much I dislike the Pandaren lol (which I'm still hoping isn't true... denial is strong).

And yeah, hopefully there are some other cool little features here and there tossed in as well.
    Last edited by Nesingwary-Eliada; 2011-10-14 at 12:03 PM.

Loving the table turn. ^^

Deleted
    What is up with that strange looking link :/

I take this and read it as new group of daily stuff to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    What do you think?
    If he thinks DMF and Transmog are going to save the game, he needs to have his head MRIed.

Another comment in that piece about the spread in player difficulty and realization too late for Dragon Soul makes me think they've realized they made fundamental mistakes and have pretty much written off this expansion. And his continued focus on nerfing over time is unfortunate; dependence on that mechanism is a big part of what made Cataclysm fail.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    And his continued focus on nerfing over time is unfortunate; dependence on that mechanism is a big part of what made Cataclysm fail.
    How so? my understanding is that a lot of raiders were happy with the 5% buff/nerf increments in ICC, and that generally speaking, that model worked well. have seen you post something similar in another thread and I'm just wondering what a better alternative could be.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    How so? my understanding is that a lot of raiders were happy with the 5% buff/nerf increments in ICC, and that generally speaking, that model worked well. have seen you post something similar in another thread and I'm just wondering what a better alternative could be.
    Mediocre raiders who were happy to do easy raids in WotLK didn't stick around for nerfed raids in Cata, by and large. The number of guilds that went back and did nerfed T11 (or that started raiding in FL after the nerfs) was tiny. The devs had to have been disappointed that the mechanism laid such an egg.

I think they were misled by the toleration of the gradual nerfing mechanism in ICC. Even there, mediocre guilds were failing under stress.

The overall problem is that giving a larger number of more fine grained difficulty levels is actually a really bad idea in an MMO. The more you have groups encountering content that is close to (or beyond) their level of capability, the more incentive there will be for the better players to jump to better groups. Turn up the challenge and guilds start dropping like flies.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

That is the best and most perfectly portrayed comment:
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    They know us so well, it's like they're in our heads.
    They know we're never satisfied. GG. We've officially become jerks. Let's get out and off each others' heads, because if we don't, we're essentially all super jerks.

I'm always pretty amazed at how they keep coming back with so much after so long, and I'm filled with awe at how people continuouslly break down anything and everything into Cryfest 2kwhatever. It's annyoing. I'm even annoyed with myself about being annoyed at cryers!
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2011-10-14 at 12:25 PM.

Deleted
    Solo dungeons, here we come!

Solo dungeons or not, if they introduce something worthwhile for non-raiders to do, then I will be back in a flash. I am still to find a game that is as polished as this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I frikken love Bashiok XD

If he thinks DMF and Transmog are going to save the game, he needs to have his head MRIed.
    They think about it UNTIL new xpac arrives

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Solo dungeons, here we come!

Solo dungeons or not, if they introduce something worthwhile for non-raiders to do, then I will be back in a flash. I am still to find a game that is as polished as this one.
    Naw they heard that GW2 is introducing World PvP on a WvWvW level and are going to do that. Have an event once per week that spans a few days (kind of like old AV) and incorporates all levels of the server being able to help. Like low levels doing quests in Orgrimmar to increase supplies, high levels actually participating on the main battle front of capturing objectives and pushing forward; mid-levels of doing either or, or manning siege vehicles; hordes of NPC's in the actual warfront to have a DotA-esque environment. Something like a WARgrounds instead of a battlegrounds would be amazingly fun in my opinion. It will giev non-raiders something to do, and whomever wins after the 1 or 2 or 3 or whatever days gets either something like BH access or something else significant.

Either that, or they bring back the actual World PvP aspect of WoW, whereas Garrosh or whomever lead Zepplin raids on major cities (think the Burning Legion advancing to the World Tree) either starting at a front or just parachuting in. It would be epic to have weekly raids on a (random) major opposing faction city or group of hubs that then push as far as they can to the city. If the opposing faction manages to get inside the city, they hold it for as long as they can or until they're able to kill the opposing faction city leader. Honor and possibly conquest can be up for grabs, as well as a weekly bragging right to something, whether it be a cool vanity buff or something similar (not like BH though). The Alliance will obviously also raid Horde cities, but they'd never occur on the same day. The faction who kills the leader the fastest or holds for the longest amount of time without killing the leader wins for the week or month or whatever. My ideas are awesome and totally original *cough*.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2011-10-14 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    What is up with that strange looking link :/
    It's not strange, bit.ly is URL shortening service (link goes to 1.35% thread on US forums).
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Deleted
    No, wait. I have it now. They are adding dynamic content. Rifts to be exact.

Fixed the thread title to correct the spelling error for you.

OT - I agree 100%. I often find myself sitting in Orgrimmar looking at trade chat with nothing else to do because I don't really want to see another Zandalari so hopefully they can create some awesome things to fill the niche but If I am not mistaken, wasn't that what Path of the Titans was orignally mean't to do?

good. blizzard need to force people to not sit in cities all day long and just que cause that is boring as hell
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    That is the best and most perfectly portrayed comment:
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    They know us so well, it's like they're in our heads.
    They know we're never satisfied. GG. We've officially become jerks. Let's get out and off each others' heads, because if we don't, we're essentially all super jerks.
    That quote actually was so spot on that it went right into my sig.

Also read the reply Bashiok made to another poster, it's pretty interesting and makes me wonder what they plan for the next exapnsion: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...mal-fl#post351

But @Topic: Didn't Boubouille datamine some strings or filenames quite a while back that mentioned "Scenario"? I think he or someone suggested those could be like single player dungeons or just very huge (public?) quests.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is, and this goes with non-raiders and raiders on none raiding days, is unless blizzard released consistant amounts of new content for them to do, when the times that they actully DO release new content, those players will have waited so long for something new in wow, that they will plow though that content so quick because of having been starved of anything new, that it'll get eaten up so dam quick and they will be asking for more within weeks of its release.

The safer bet will always be release bits of new content, something new they can do outside of big events, so when those big events come out, maybe it won't get hovered up so dam quick.

Game content is like politics, is anyone ever really satisfied?

Deleted
    Well it's nice that they at least recognize the need to do have something to do besides of instanced content (although you could argue that they realized that even before and that archaeology was a failed attempt at providing such a thing).

I hope that those mysterious plans of them basically involve doing something with the game world, as it is both a huge part of the game that isn't really useful anymore and something a lot of people seem to want (and it would either directly or indirectly help revitalize world pvp as well).