Deleted

Hc Ragnaros as Holy?

I've seen a few threads discussing healing Ragnaros Hc as Disc but I was wondering if anyone who's healed it as Holy had some pointers.

In our current planned setup we're doing 10 mans and since our other healer is Disc, I'm planning to heal this as holy instead of going double Disc. The plan is to have the Disc priest mainly on the tanks and me on the raid as Holy.

Hoping some people may have tips they could offer, be it talents or spells or anything TIA!

Deleted
    I think you will have major complications in phase 4 if you are two healing priests on this fight. This is due to the fact that you will want to bubble for Body and Soul while the Disc will want to bubble for absorbs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I think you will have major complications in phase 4 if you are two healing priests on this fight. This is due to the fact that you will want to bubble for Body and Soul while the Disc will want to bubble for absorbs.
    Would compromising be a possibility? That if body and soul is only mainly kept on the dps soaking the Dreadflame and the disc shield is avoided on this person during that phase but instead POH is used for divine aegis? And if we use Drums of Speed so I don't need to spam shields for Body and Soul?

afaik Body and Soul doesn't work on Deluge, doesn't it already give you a +50% speed buff or +75%?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    afaik Body and Soul doesn't work on Deluge, doesn't it already give you a +50% speed buff or +75%?
    Not that Im aware of.... though my guild is only on phase 2 of HC Rag (only had one night on it so far *sad face - goes back to his hole*)

Deleted
    if done this as holy with a heal druid as second healer. I used no shild for body and soul and it was no problem. So u should also have no problem if the diszi priest is spamming bubbles.
    Tank healing was also no problem, we didn't even talked about which of us is the tank healer, because tank dmg is realy no problem in this fight.

Deleted
    Should be fine. I've not done HC rag on 10 man but I'm under the impression that 2 disc priests will just step on each other's feet anyway. Besides, COH is amazing on rag. As is Lightwell.

Deleted
    Thank you for the replies guys! Reassured that it won't be too bad

Deleted
    The healing in this fight is realy not the problem

B&S is completely unnecessary for this fight. If you really wanted to you could dump it on the firefighter to help out a bit, it shouldn't bother the disc since that person doesn't take damage anyway. Iirc deluge is a 25% speed buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuga View Post
    B&S is completely unnecessary for this fight. If you really wanted to you could dump it on the firefighter to help out a bit, it shouldn't bother the disc since that person doesn't take damage anyway. Iirc deluge is a 25% speed buff.
    It can be used on the tank who pulls Ragnaros into traps though.

Go holy. Two discs is just going to be frustrating. Not a great comp though >.>

Deleted
    ive been disc on this fight since the start. either disc raid healing or disc tank healing. tank healing is alot easier :P

ive set up my 2nd spec for holy tho, with archangel and divine accuracy glyph. all the dmg in the P1 + 2 are in burst, so i can (in theory) pop archangel on every trap for better throughput. dunno it might work, but everything says holy should be great, but i find disc jsut too good!

i havent tried this archangel holy spec out, it could be completely fail, but it seems like it might work.

We are currently running Resto Druid, Holy Priest, Resto Shaman (GASP), Holy Paladin for our 25man healing comp. If we had a second Resto Druid I would probably be switched to Disc and the Shaman would be removed.

Unfortunately the only reason I get to play Holy is because we don't have another Resto Druid.

Deleted
    Yes, resto druid >> holy priest, but you can pull your weight in as a holy priest. I like to spam renew a lot with inner will up, getting constantly ~40k hps in the transition phases using 4 healers. If you don't have a resto druid, bring a holy priest. They can do it, it's just way harder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryManaLow View Post
    all the dmg in the P1 + 2 are in burst, so i can (in theory) pop archangel on every trap for better throughput
    The traps are maybe burst dmg, but there is no next great dmg in the following 40seconds, so u can easy heal the raid with renew.

Druid is maybe >> holy priest but u can heal this fight in alle combos because healing is realy no problem if your raid is doing all right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    2 disc priests will just step on each other's feet anyway.
    2 Disc frustrates me in 25m, I don't even want to think about double disc in a 10M ><

Quote Originally Posted by Mikayo View Post
    2 Disc frustrates me in 25m, I don't even want to think about double disc in a 10M ><
    Definitely. Holy is awesome for H Rag so don't think any less of it! The few key things are:
    1. Placement/timing of Lightwell (always place it in an area that will be beneficial for it to be there in the next phase, ie near one of your seed stacking areas)
    2. Renew on the run and in P1 - remember people don't need to be topped up right after a blast, only right before Wrath, which commonly happens - watch timers! And they only need to be brought to ~50% HP as well.
    3. During Sons make sure to prioritize people that have been lowest the longest, not people that just got hit (unless they are the only ones, of course).
    4. Try to keep Renew and ProM on the tank! Any extra healing helps
    5. I usually use Sanc during trap explosions (before seeds, when we're stacked) to compensate for the need of using Hymn of Hope. Try to use HoH during 2nd or 3rd Seed explosion and it very well may come up again in P4.
    6. Veiled Shadows goes a long way! Try to use Fiend w/Power Torrent proc
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest