Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    No, wait. I have it now. They are adding dynamic content. Rifts to be exact.
    I doubt it more like solo/duo content. Blizzard never used to talk like this before Rift or ToR was coming out. They have changed their tune it seems.

I sure hope he's right, I'd love to see some TBC farm reps ect back into the game, finished Netherwing sha'tari skyguard ect a loooong time ago, I would love to see more of those, some pvp/pve daily/"dungeon" (realmwide dungeon? "rift"ish)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The problem is, and this goes with non-raiders and raiders on none raiding days, is unless blizzard released consistant amounts of new content for them to do, when the times that they actully DO release new content, those players will have waited so long for something new in wow, that they will plow though that content so quick because of having been starved of anything new, that it'll get eaten up so dam quick and they will be asking for more within weeks of its release.

The safer bet will always be release bits of new content, something new they can do outside of big events, so when those big events come out, maybe it won't get hovered up so dam quick.
    I used to wonder that too, but I've come to the conclusion some people still would, and that that would cause people to not finish what they were doing and rush to see the new content, cause that's where the buzz and hype is and people want to experience it.

Fact is that people, like me, that have about 12 free hours a day will plough through content regardless, and that catering to us is a bad idea cause that causes what I stated in the first sentences. I think people that have loads of free time to spend on the game need to realise that there is more than just wow and that it alone can't fulfill our entertainment needs. It shouldn't have too, really, not for 12.99 euro's a month.

EDIT: more on topic though, love Bashiok's reaction and foreshadowing, I think Blizzcon might have some surprises in store apart from YES/NO Pandaria
    Last edited by xskarma; 2011-10-14 at 01:50 PM.

So changing the appearance of my gear and the DMF are suppose to keep me interested...

they really know what they are doing

Deleted
    Well, Bashiok is epic...

... but 2 rehashed instances in 6 months is not my ideal of "much and different content". It is actually very, very little.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    So changing the appearance of my gear and the DMF are suppose to keep me interested...

they really know what they are doing
    Especially since most people who are actually interested in this feature had already finished collecting their prefered gear a couple of months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Loving the table turn. ^^
    The table flip cracks me up every time I see it.

How exactly is Transmog supposed to provide people with stuff to do on off days? Are they going to go back and farm old content? That's not really offering players anything that they can't do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    That quote actually was so spot on that it went right into my sig.
    Went in my sig this morning when I saw it too.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I doubt it more like solo/duo content. Blizzard never used to talk like this before Rift or ToR was coming out. They have changed their tune it seems.
    Think of all the battles going on in WoW, between neutral factions or Horde/Alliance or whatever. Now imagine there was an actual PUSH between them, and if players participate, it shapes the world/who controls towns and hubs. I think even something like that would be awesome flavor. Like...what are those 2 opposing factions in Sholazar Basin, the Fenzyheart and Oracles? They can also have whichever tribe is down raiding nearby hubs and trying to overthrow them. There are these things in Rift and other places that can just add flavor to stale areas. Bored? Let's go push. Moar updates.

Deleted
    Y(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    excellent

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    How exactly is Transmog supposed to provide people with stuff to do on off days? Are they going to go back and farm old content? That's not really offering players anything that they can't do now.
    You sir are the (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ guy.
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Well, Bashiok is epic...

... but 2 rehashed instances in 6 months is not my ideal of "much and different content". It is actually very, very little.
    Well Bashiok is not really addressing the Zandalari dungeons. He's talking about the future of the game well after 4.3. Probably around 4.4 or 5.0.2.

When they released the first pictures of the redesigned Azshara it showed pictures of a golf hole and a race track and one of my first thoughts was oh good they are adding sports to the game. I thought it would a great way for people to spend during their off-nights and heck you can even have tournaments and stuff.

As a Hardcore raider myself, I would absolutely love more things to do in game, and no I don't mean more raids. I love raiding and spend 2-3 days a week doing it across 2-3 toons (changes depending on progression), but my idea of additional fun to the game isn't just "more raids". I'm hoping DMF turns out to be something that is more interesting that a 15 min gander through it, and yeah when I read that I also got excited that they are looking to put more non-raid content into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    more like solo/duo content
    Not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Think of all the battles going on in WoW, between neutral factions or Horde/Alliance or whatever. Now imagine there was an actual PUSH between them, and if players participate, it shapes the world/who controls towns and hubs. I think even something like that would be awesome flavor. Like...what are those 2 opposing factions in Sholazar Basin, the Fenzyheart and Oracles? They can also have whichever tribe is down raiding nearby hubs and trying to overthrow them. There are these things in Rift and other places that can just add flavor to stale areas. Bored? Let's go push. Moar updates.
    People have been telling Blizzard for 5 years the game world is completely dead and you need random invasions or something to make people leave the cities. It is not as simple as putting it there as Rift proved. There has to be some incentive. Rift does it with gear, mounts, and pets.

If Blizzard embraces the dynamic world concept I will shit a brick because I never thought I would ever see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    When they released the first pictures of the redesigned Azshara it showed pictures of a golf hole and a race track and one of my first thoughts was oh good they are adding sports to the game. I thought it would a great way for people to spend during their off-nights and heck you can even have tournaments and stuff.
    WAT? Pics plx.

Go go gadget Dance Studio!

Things I'm hoping to see:

- Dance Studio
    - Path of the Titans
    - ANOTHER Secondary Profession (Arch was mad fun... for a while >_<)
    - Interesting/Cool new game mechanic that doesn't fade away after the initial hype (much like Reforging)

Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Sounds more like them adding in a lot of hubs, maybe a new profession or two, etc to give a wide range of players things to do. Could you image a handful of areas with rewards and stuff similar to Molten Front (I loved the molten Front if you can't tell)? Maybe some PvP themed. Awesome. Sounds EXCELLENT regardless of how much I dislike the Pandaren lol (which I'm still hoping isn't true... denial is strong).

And yeah, hopefully there are some other cool little features here and there tossed in as well.
    To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to the Molten Front put in every zone. This way we actually have an incentive to go back. They could even put in a achieves like they did with Molten Front and then do a meta achievement completing each one. The possibilities are endless imo. Molten Front got old after a week, but if they were to implement say 2-3 different zones that were unrelated to each other like the size of Molten Front. Then I could see this content lasting a tad bit longer as players wouldn't get burned out so quickly as they can move to a different one every other day or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Pretty sure this still exists or at least the area. Not sure if the race track still does, but I believe I saw the golf hole there the other day.