Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question What was the best news from NYCC?

So, what do you think was the best news to come out of the New York Comic Con?

There was a lot of information announced, confirmed and discussed, if you didn't get a chance to read up on it yet, then feel free to check out our visual newscast which covers most of the important details

Personally I think the best bit of news was the 15 flashpoints at launch, closely followed by the Void Star warzone!

I can't wait to get my teeth stuck in

15 flashpoints and looking forward to info about the new Operation.

Awesome series, thanks so much for making them!

3 PVP zones at launch too

15+ Year Old Account
    15 flashpoints, new operation, and the one release date globally were all great things.

The best news for me? PB inquisitor confirmation
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Nice video cast. Ty for sharing.

As for Bioware let's hope they can deliver.

3 BGs are ok. 15 instances are way too much. Cut it half and implement LFG tool. I can't live w/o it lol, it's just so massivley convenient tool. And 1 raid at launch should be enough methinks.

What Bioware should do is BALANCING. They should nerf the shit out of bounty hunters. That class reminds me of good ol red missile BM hunters with a personal healer. As I see most are exploiting Mako. BALANCING is so pivotal point in an MMO that I was ready to quit WOW becuase of it, and I certainly won't subscribe to an unbalanced game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    Nice video cast. Ty for sharing.

As for Bioware let's hope they can deliver.

3 BGs are ok. 15 instances are way too much. Cut it half and implement LFG tool. I can't live w/o it lol, it's just so massivley convenient tool. And 1 raid at launch should be enough methinks.

What Bioware should do is BALANCING. They should nerf the shit out of bounty hunters. That class reminds me of good ol red missile BM hunters with a personal healer. As I see most are exploiting Mako. BALANCING is so pivotal point in an MMO that I was ready to quit WOW becuase of it, and I certainly won't subscribe to an unbalanced game.
    I've thought about this, and I just can't fathom where you are coming from. I'm privy to a lot of information that most people aren't, and even thinking about that stuff that we can't openly discuss, I still don't know where you are coming from.

The devs talk about balance an awful lot. You can tell by their posts and interviews that it is very important to them. And I've never ever heard it be said that bounty hunters are OP.

And exploiting Mako? I don't understand. Every class gets healers. Mako isn't a little god to break the game. And you can only use them in single player scenarios. If this is some though from beta, please remember to not break the NDA. Still, I can't understand that thought.

Additionally, 5, 15, or even 100 flashpoints at launch have no bearing to implementing a Lfg tool.

--------------------

I'm very happy about 15 or so flashlights and 2 Operations at launch. That's my favorite news we learned at NYCC.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-16 at 03:01 AM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Cut it half and implement LFG tool. I can't live w/o it lol, it's just so massivley convenient tool.
    Why would you want less flashpoints? It gives you more content to do. And dear god, I hope they never implement an LFG tool. Yeah it was convenient but it killed the aspect of going out and actually talking to people.

Yes NDA is NDA. As I don't have beta access I just watch leaked videos rigoriously.

I have an eye for unbalanced stuff. I have cried pages of post because of it in Ultima, Diablo and WOW, too.

If it looks like a duck and it sounds like a duck then it is a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    Why would you want less flashpoints? It gives you more content to do. And dear god, I hope they never implement an LFG tool. Yeah it was convenient but it killed the aspect of going out and actually talking to people.
    It is being planned, but BioWare explicitly said they are not doing cross realms. Groups will be based off server community - PVE and PVP.

So keep a good reputation, it will come in handy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't understand why you would want less either. All the flashpoints i've watched have looked incredible, and seem really fun. And i really hope that they don't implement the WoW LFG tool, im fine with them putting something in that helps you find people that want to group up, but if it finds the group for you and takes you there then I don't really want anything to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by morderith View Post
    I can't understand why you would want less either. All the flashpoints i've watched have looked incredible, and seem really fun. And i really hope that they don't implement the WoW LFG tool, im fine with them putting something in that helps you find people that want to group up, but if it finds the group for you and takes you there then I don't really want anything to do with it
    You will surely understand it when you will play your melee dps class character. Welcome to the wonderful world of holy trinity type MMO's young padawan! And with it the hours long begging yourself into a competent group if you're not a tank or healer. (And let's not talk about raids/operations.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing WoW since vanilla , so i'm quite aware of how difficult it can be to find groups, and i plan on playing tank so it wont be too big of an issue =]

back on topic, the 15 operations is definitly my favourite part of the NYCC, looking foward to doing all the ones that republic can do
    Last edited by morderith; 2011-10-16 at 03:27 AM.

No ****ing instant teleporting LFD tool, don't be lazy and just go to the spaceport that already connects all the instances.

And I don't know how you can complain about more flashpoints and more raids. Since when is more content bad? :/
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-10-16 at 03:30 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might want to change your note in the video that pops up around 4:55. They confirmed that only Dark Side alignment changes your looks and that while they had test a "old wizened" look for Light side that they had scrapped it (I'll see if I can find their exact quote and edit it in if I can). Other than that, really good video and series. I've subscribed and am looking forward to some of you new videos, keep it up!
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    No ****ing instant teleporting LFD tool, don't be lazy and just go to the spaceport that already connects all the instances.

And I don't know how you can complain about more flashpoints and more raids. Since when is more content bad? :/
    Noone cares about the teleporting aspect of LFG tool. That's just an added benefit. Read my previous posts!

Cutting half of instances = dev time to implement LFG tool.
    Cut 1 raid = more dev time for BALANCING.

And of course more content is always better. ^^

Noone cares about the teleporting aspect of LFG tool. That's just an added benefit. Read my previous posts!

Cutting half of instances = dev time to implement LFG tool.
    Cut 1 raid = more dev time for BALANCING.

And of course more content is always better. ^^
    No. Go away. There is no LFD tool in this game, if you're too lazy to move your fingers in the general direction of the spaceport that already connects all the instances then just turn off the computer.

They already have a LFD tool in the game where you can put yourself on a list for what dungeons you want to do, and you can see the other people who are on that list and you just group with them. That is fine enough.

And you act like they haven't balanced the first raid already and don't have time for the second.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    No. Go away. There is no LFD tool in this game, if you're too lazy to move your fingers in the general direction of the spaceport that already connects all the instances then just turn off the computer.

They already have a LFD tool in the game where you can put yourself on a list for what dungeons you want to do, and you can see the other people who are on that list and you just group with them. That is fine enough.

And you act like they haven't balanced the first raid already and don't have time for the second.
    Wow didn't know this. Ok one problem down. Let's hope they make it cross-server.

Talked about PVP balance. For PVE balancing I need to play the operations. (DPS: melee-ranged, Tank: only juggers etc, Healers: only sorcerers etc, etc)

Wow didn't know this. Ok one problem down. Let's hope they make it cross-server.
    They will never make it cross server. It was a failed experiment done by Blizzard. It slowly killed the WoW community. Veterans know this.

BioWare said no cross realms/server. The response on their forums? "Yay!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear God no. I hope that they NEVER add in a cross server dungeon finder, like I would be alright with them adding flaming rabbits shooting rainbows and singing "Friday" before I was ok with them adding in a Cross server dungeon finder. All it would do is to kill the community of the game at the very beginning and make people revert back to the same assholes that WoW's anonymous cross realm dungeon finder makes them. Let me say it one more time, NO Cross realm finders.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy