Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They won't make it cross server. Server community is important to them. It's a possibility in the future, but not very likely and definitely not for a long while.

Also, this thread is getting dangerously close to getting heated. Chill-out and make the posts civil. It's fine to disagree, but not to flame.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    They won't make it cross server. Server community is important to them. It's a possibility in the future, but not very likely and definitely not for a long while.

Also, this thread is getting dangerously close to getting heated. Chill-out and make the posts civil. It's fine to disagree, but not to flame.
    Offtopic, but I like how your text changes to blue in your "moderator voice". It reminds me of the exorcist, when the little girl's voice becomes demonic.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Zachyveng View Post
    Dear God no. I hope that they NEVER add in a cross server dungeon finder, like I would be alright with them adding flaming rabbits shooting rainbows and singing "Friday" before I was ok with them adding in a Cross server dungeon finder. All it would do is to kill the community of the game at the very beginning and make people revert back to the same assholes that WoW's anonymous cross realm dungeon finder makes them. Let me say it one more time, NO Cross realm finders.
    What is the population of the server and faction you are regulary playing in WOW? I mean do you play alliance on Alakir EU or alliance on ... what is that unbalanced server in the US where there are no alliance? The last time I checked there are 3 times more Empire guilds registered than Republic. Will be harsh playing Jedi.

It will be a permanent Order 66 lol.

Still I have very high expectation for Bioware. I expect the very best from them just like from Blizz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    What is the population of the server and faction you are regulary playing in WOW? I mean do you play alliance on Alakir EU or alliance on ... what is that unbalanced server in the US where there are no alliance? The last time I checked there are 3 times more Empire guilds registered than Republic. Will be harsh playing Jedi.

It will be a permanent Order 66 lol.

Still I have very high expectation for Bioware. I expect the very best from them just like from Blizz.
    Here's hoping BioWare take better action with any major unbalanced servers. I don't think a LFD tool is the answer to fixing that issue.

p.s thanks to all the nice comments about the video, we really appreciate all you're support

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta agree with basically everyone here, 15 dungeons and 2 raids sounds like a spiffy amount, dont forget that's 15 dungeons for 2 factions and 50 levels, if there was only like 6/7 dungeons, you would end up running the same Flashpoint over and over for like 10 levels, and that would suck the big one

As for LFG tool..... Even though I plan on playing a Tank I do think it's an excellent plan, and from the way it was described earlier it sounds alot like the system they used in DDO, where you would put yourself into 'LFG' and there would be a long list of all the groups, what they where doing, and who they needed, you could then select the people doing what you wanted and whisper them to discuss invites. This way you still have a choice in who you party with, Reputations still matter, as it's not Cross Server, so if you get a reputation on your server for being a dick, good luck getting any groups , but it's still worlds easier than sitting in whatever the main hub will be spamming LFG channel every couple of minutes :P And no teleporting to instances please, I want to actually SEE the world.

oh and Sith Pureblood Inquisitors FOR THE MOTHER FUCKING WIN!!!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    As for LFG tool..... Even though I plan on playing a Tank I do think it's an excellent plan, and from the way it was described earlier it sounds alot like the system they used in DDO, where you would put yourself into 'LFG' and there would be a long list of all the groups, what they where doing, and who they needed, you could then select the people doing what you wanted and whisper them to discuss invites. This way you still have a choice in who you party with, Reputations still matter, as it's not Cross Server, so if you get a reputation on your server for being a dick, good luck getting any groups , but it's still worlds easier than sitting in whatever the main hub will be spamming LFG channel every couple of minutes :P And no teleporting to instances please, I want to actually SEE the world.
    I have to agree, if it's anything like that it would be perfect.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Gotta agree with basically everyone here, 15 dungeons and 2 raids sounds like a spiffy amount, dont forget that's 15 dungeons for 2 factions and 50 levels, if there was only like 6/7 dungeons, you would end up running the same Flashpoint over and over for like 10 levels, and that would suck the big one

oh and Sith Pureblood Inquisitors FOR THE MOTHER FUCKING WIN!!!
    It was like that in EQ1 as well. Not exactly sure how SWTOR will implement it, but in EQ you add your name into a big spreadsheet database and someone can open the window, sort columns by name, activity, level, and such. Worked really good and you get to recognize people you liked. There was also something for looking-for-more, where a partial group could advertise spots open.

Even if an activity wasn't very useful to myself, there was a good variety - sometimes I did stuff I didn't need just because it's fun and I knew the folks.

And for reputation - yup. Should be a nice switch for many. People who never had to deal with maintaining personal reputation and managing PR with other guilds might struggle
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-10-16 at 04:24 AM.

It's the system that WoW had before they removed it and then put in the automatic LFD thing. Raid leaders and people trying to make groups would just invite people off of a list.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's the system that WoW had before they removed it and then put in the automatic LFD thing. Raid leaders and people trying to make groups would just invite people off of a list.
    I didn't find WoW's very useful though, since you had to click through each activity, one by one - you couldn't just see the whole list up front.

For Quests, you could only add your name or seach for others for that quest if they had it and submitted themselves. It was more practical to just go to the zone and shout for it. Better approach would be to let everyone see the names of everybody, and let them pick who to help when they're bored (even if they don't have the quest).

One other thing about WoW's LFG feature was that it tried to occasionally auto add people to the group as they came, and you would end of with a group of 5 casters lol It wasn't a good implementation.

I'm not sure how SWTOR does it, but hopefully not quite like WoW. Is it protected by NDA still? (details that is)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow didn't know this. Ok one problem down. Let's hope they make it cross-server.

Talked about PVP balance. For PVE balancing I need to play the operations. (DPS: melee-ranged, Tank: only juggers etc, Healers: only sorcerers etc, etc)
    NONONO, cross server BAD! We want to keep server community alive and well. I am very content with not having a LFG as are allot of people. Also, If you have not played the game then you really can't talk about their need to "balance" anything. yes beta is unbalanced when it starts, that is why it is the beta. Once the game releases and there are balance issues feel free to shout for balance, before then though is like preemptive whining.

Well the entire planet focused on world PvP is great news for me. The only thing I was worried about leveling on a PvE server was missing out on any fun world PvP. Now I won't miss out on world PvP because there is an entire zone dedicated to it. It sounds like that is where BW wants people to go so it will probably have the largest concentration of world PvP going on.

Also looking at Empire vs Republic server populations based on server types. It seems like PvE servers are more closely balanced than PvP servers so the world PvP on the PvE servers will probably be more even! Cool~
    Last edited by Eggoman; 2011-10-16 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    It is being planned, but BioWare explicitly said they are not doing cross realms. Groups will be based off server community - PVE and PVP.

So keep a good reputation, it will come in handy.
    THIS , I remember in vanilla on my server there were only a handful of people with a great reputation , you knew that if you were in one of their groups you would surf the instance without problems , also you would get to see who were the great healers/tanks/dps on your server , the LFG in wow KILLED grouping and the whole comunity . Now you goup up with some people that you most likely will NEVER see again , also the assholes/pricks/morons won't get a bad rep... actually they will , but it won't affect them , as they will still be able to go with the LFG .
    The good old way of gathering a group was the best , as it forced newbies and baddies to learn if they wanted to be taken in a group later on .

This is some nice news to hear, thanks for sharing!

I bet we will see cross - server LFG tool in less then 12 months from release

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachyveng View Post
    Dear God no. I hope that they NEVER add in a cross server dungeon finder, like I would be alright with them adding flaming rabbits shooting rainbows and singing "Friday" before I was ok with them adding in a Cross server dungeon finder. All it would do is to kill the community of the game at the very beginning and make people revert back to the same assholes that WoW's anonymous cross realm dungeon finder makes them. Let me say it one more time, NO Cross realm finders.
    This and the lack of a lfg tool is a blessing imo especially at launch , this will help build a beter server comunity imo. More people talking in chat and trying to find groups will only help this , no doubt they will implement a lf flashpoint system at some point but right at the start would be a mistake imo.

Noone cares about the teleporting aspect of LFG tool. That's just an added benefit. Read my previous posts!

Cutting half of instances = dev time to implement LFG tool.
    Cut 1 raid = more dev time for BALANCING.

And of course more content is always better. ^^
    I dont know if you know this, but there is a high chance that some of those 15 flashpoints are found as you level up. And yes, people do care about the lazy man teleporting to flashpoints. Bioware took to time to implement space travel and flight points throughout planets. Adding an instant teleport gimmick would completely void all the work they put into galaxy travel.

I'm happy that they're not considering cross-server LFG; I like getting to know the personalities of my server--who to group with and who to avoid, etc. some of the dev posts are very vocal about building a strong server community, like the good old days of any existing MMO.
    Last edited by Zarasthura; 2011-10-16 at 12:35 PM.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    Broseph I dont know if you know this, but there is a very high chance that majority of those 15 flashpoints are found as you level up.

And yes, people do care about the lazy man teleporting to flashpoints. Bioware took to time to implement space travel and flight points throughout planets. Adding an instant teleport gimmick would completely void all the work they put into galaxy travel.
    They've implemented a space port that houses portals to all the flashpoints around the galaxy. So yeah, pretty lame.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Has the comment about 15 flashpoints with a dozen shared between the factions been clarified yet? In my mind there's 2 ways you can interpret that:

A dozen shared could mean that there will be 6 flashpoints with slightly different versions for the Republic and Empire, with 3 additional flashpoints that only one faction can use. So that would mean 9 Flashpoints in total, but only 7 or 8 (one would have more than the other) being available to each faction.

or

A dozen shared could mean 12 flashpoints that both factions can enter and have identical experiences, with 3 additional flashpoints that only one faction can use. So that would literally mean 15 Flashpoints in total, but only 13 or 14 (one would have more than the other) being available to each faction.

That make sense? I've just woken up!

My friend has made me look more and more at swtor stuff and its making me want the game but im abit septical about it as i got rift and things. And well.. we know how that has kinda ended :P. Tho at the start i loved having to run around looking for people. The channels spammed with "LFM bla bla bla" and it felt nice, Felt nice and social and i made a ton of friends and had a good time in the instnaces. in WoW its like "Enters instance - Hi, Instance ends - Bye" no talking in between. I dont want an LFG ever tbh... and if you get a nice guild now (You can apply) im sure you will do alot of instnaces with them. The instances iv seen tho... MY GOD! They look intence even a level 10 one looks hectic and fun. Same for some of the raids iv seen (Sorry for no calling them there real names :P) Its making me want it more and more xD, The headstart is the day after my bday (friend said 13th december) so.. we see if i preorder it :P, Anyway the game so far looks good and amazing and i wish it the best of luck! maybe i play it :P

Not sure if it was part of NYCC, but the friday update for the operations page included a nod to a "Hutt" related operation for launch. Thats pretty great news imo.