Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, looking at the rasterized picture, and then at for example the AH, if we have it that small, it could do with a 1.5 to 2.5 enlargement. Just so we can put the detail it needs in... This is definitely too small.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

quadraticlord/A2Atack is currently working on the world map version of Naxx:

Quote Originally Posted by wartywarlock View Post
    quadraticlord/A2Atack is currently working on the world map version of Naxx:

i like the summoning stone!

Deleted
    Wow, those projects look very cool. Btw, (my suggestion) to make the world more similar as possible to WoW, I think we need to discuss which texture pack are we all going to use so the builds look the same for everybody. I was thinking about a texture pack very
    similar to the one the guys of RPGMakers (OMFGCata) use with some modifications to look more Wow-ish. So, if anyone has the skills to edit an existing texture pack or creating one from 0 it would be nice to know.

Quote Originally Posted by arave22 View Post
    Wow, those projects look very cool. Btw, (my suggestion) to make the world more similar as possible to WoW, I think we need to discuss which texture pack are we all going to use so the builds look the same for everybody. I was thinking about a texture pack very
    similar to the one the guys of RPGMakers (OMFGCata) use with some modifications to look more Wow-ish. So, if anyone has the skills to edit an existing texture pack or creating one from 0 it would be nice to know.
    I know someone who was working on a WoW texture pack, I'll see if I can get some information out of him.

EDIT: He will work on it when we start with the project.

In other news, we are currently mapping out colors for the Azeroth render. This is our best result so far!

http://vps.marlamin.nl/u/comparemctest.png
    (Original left, Minecraft map render right)
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2011-10-16 at 02:12 PM.

Working on Malygos himself!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, someone here any clue on how to make the pillars to the side of Malygos' platform?
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.

Deleted
    I know someone who was working on a WoW texture pack, I'll see if I can get some information out of him.

That is awesome :P

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post

In other news, we are currently mapping out colors for the Azeroth render. This is our best result so far!

http://vps.marlamin.nl/u/comparemctest.png
    (Original left, Minecraft map render right)
    yay for wow texture pack!

Apologies for the peeps working on stuff on my server, been working late with no time to get it up in the evenings, should be up tonight.

Could you PM me if you have a server up? Would love to try it, Orgrimmar seems like it would be really fun to build, plus Ragefire Chasm under it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wartywarlock View Post
    Apologies for the peeps working on stuff on my server, been working late with no time to get it up in the evenings, should be up tonight.
    I've been quite busy myself as well... So I didn't have too much time to work on it anyways... And now some stupid-ass teacher decided that because we have 2 days to make some final changes to our program, we could just as well completely rewrite it... Effectively pushes all free-time back to freaking friday, let's hope I don't have to miss raid-night on thursday for the second time in a row >.<

Just get a portal mod and have all instances on another world, in isolated cubicles. Easy peasy.

15+ Year Old Account
    By the way, if you want to get some landscaping done before you start building, This video has a lot of information about how to use voxelsniper to create a landscape.

I'd also love helping building this, making me more anxious for 1.9 this is.
    Last edited by malkara; 2011-10-19 at 11:02 PM.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Quote Originally Posted by malkara View Post
    By the way, if you want to get some landscaping done before you start building, This video has a lot of information about how to use voxelsniper to create a landscape.

I'd also love helping building this, making me more anxious for 1.9 this is.
    that video is pretty good!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Firelands has open air, Nether does not We'll just have to plonk a load of netherack in the normal world, but if we are able to find a nice plugin that can teleport us to more than just the nether, great! =D
    in creative mode if you remove the bedrock from the "sky" in the nether do you not jsut get a view into the void? like when looking down from the overworld? if so can you adjust your texture pack to show nether sky void a certain way?

FL/MC and some others I think would benefit hugely from being in the nether, just for the red air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    in creative mode if you remove the bedrock from the "sky" in the nether do you not jsut get a view into the void? like when looking down from the overworld? if so can you adjust your texture pack to show nether sky void a certain way?
    Good one. Guess Alram would have to check in with his guy that was planning on making a WoW texture pack =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by malkara View Post
    What Malkara wrote; I'm not allowed to post links :S
    Good video!

I'd also be interested in recreating WoW in minecraft.
    On a side-note; anyone know how many posts it takes, before you're allowed to post links, images etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by jizzit View Post
    Good video!

I'd also be interested in recreating WoW in minecraft.
    On a side-note; anyone know how many posts it takes, before you're allowed to post links, images etc.?
    10, i think