Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroAvix View Post
    @Taygete, if you can manage to switch your hit around to put you just UNDER the hit cap, you can eek out just a bit more dps from the itemization, but I wouldn't worry about it much. I'd switch your boot enchant to lavawalker if possible, that run speed is invaluable. Switch your glove enchant to the +65 mastery, and work on replacing your helm as soon as you can and you'll be golden. 8.5/10.
    I plan to switch my glove/boot enchants once I get a few upgrades, otherwise I can't reach 2589 haste for the time being... and I don't get to run with a lock very often.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Taygete View Post
    I plan to switch my glove/boot enchants once I get a few upgrades, otherwise I can't reach 2589 haste for the time being... and I don't get to run with a lock very often.

Thank you!
    The actual breakpoint for the DP tick is 2583 (Big difference, i know :P), but I wouldn't worry about that one near as much as the VT break point, which is 2437. Depending on how it sims that raw itemization might give more dps then the extra tick. I'm at work right now otherwise I would sim it, but I can definitely do it later tonight when I'm at home for you.

EDIT: OH OH, change your gems in your chest to get the socket bonus, I'm almost 100%. Your belt and shoulders MIGHT be better off without hitting the socket bonus, but that would have to be simmed as well.
    Last edited by Izzirez; 2011-10-16 at 06:23 PM.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

The actual breakpoint for the DP tick is 2583 (Big difference, i know :P), but I wouldn't worry about that one near as much as the VT break point, which is 2437. Depending on how it sims that raw itemization might give more dps then the extra tick. I'm at work right now otherwise I would sim it, but I can definitely do it later tonight when I'm at home for you.
    That would be awesome. I might be going off old information, but I thought it was 2589 for the extra VT tick (2435 for goblin, which I'm not) without DI?

That would be awesome. I might be going off old information, but I thought it was 2589 for the extra VT tick (2435 for goblin, which I'm not) without DI?
    Actually, yeah, your right. I looked at the wrong spot :P
    Code:
                                  Vampiric Touch
            Without Dark Intent                            With Dark Intent  
    Extra Ticks %        Rating  Goblin    Extra Ticks     %        Rating  Goblin 
    1           1.7%     218     90          1             0%      0         0  
    2           20.2%   2589    2437         2             16.7%  2141   1993 
    3           38.7%   4951    4776         3             34.6%  4431   4264 
    4           57.2%   7326    7127         4             52.6%  6740   6546 
    5           75.7%   9698    9476         5             70.6%  9043   8827 

Devouring Plague
             Without Dark Intent                           With Dark Intent  
    Extra Ticks  %       Rating  Goblin     Extra Ticks    %        Rating  Goblin 
    1            0%      0        0         1              0%      0         0  
    2            9.8%   1255   1115         2              6.6%   845      710 
    3            21.4%  2737   2583         3              17.8%  2284    2135 
    4            32.9%  4220   4051         4              29.1%  3724    3560 
    5            44.4%  5691   5508         5              40.2%  5152    4975 
    6            56.1%  7179   6981         6              51.5%  6597    6405 

Shadow Word: Pain
             Without Dark Intent                           With Dark Intent  
    Extra Ticks  %       Rating  Goblin     Extra Ticks    %        Rating  Goblin 
    1            0.2%    21       0         1              0%      0         0  
    2            15.6%  1993   1846         2              12.2%  1562    1419 
    3            31.0%  3970   3804         3              27.2%  3482    3320 
    4            46.4%  5945   5759         4              42.2%  5399    5219 
    5            61.8%  7913   7913         5              57.1%  7310    7111

Actually, yeah, your right. I looked at the wrong spot :P
    My fault for being a nelf... lol.

Thank you for that chart, that's actually really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmedic View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...medic/advanced

i honestly don't know who above me to rate
    So'k, rate whoever you want at this point :P I don't need a rating.

Why did you put a 40 int gem in your gloves but a int/spirit in your belt? Either change the one in your belt, or change the ones in your gloves, whatever sims higher. Change the gem in your legs to pure int, since it is a red socket. Perfect job on the hit, but the hit-> spirit doesn't really do anything for you unless you are using this gear to heal with as well. Change your glove enchant to +65 mastery, and your boot enchant to lavawalker. Sim out your shoulder gem, it could possibly be better for it to be a pure int gem. 8.5/10.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yoshi/advanced

just noticed that I haven't enchanted my back, wtf (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ oh well, haste enchant will be put there :P

started raiding Firelands less then a month ago, so I've been more or less pretty lucky with drops and raid composition xD
    Last edited by ejfimp; 2011-10-16 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ejfimp View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yoshi/advanced

just noticed that I haven't enchanted my back, wtf :O oh well, haste enchant will be put there :P
    You'll want to toss the +50 int enchant on that cloak, not haste. Change your wrist enchant to intellect, not haste. Your slightly above the hit cap as well so that will drop you just under it and you'll be fine. Reforge your bracers to crit -> mastery. All that crit on there isn't helping near as much as mastery/haste would do, but theres not much you can do about that without upgrades. Do you have any other trinkets you could replace the stopwatch with?

7.5/10.

Just a question Zero... when you say to go just below the hit cap, how far is okay? I moved some things around and somehow ended up at exactly 17.02 again (haha)... if I drop the reforge on my weap, it brings me to 16.65. I haven't spent a ton of time trying to reorganize my reforges, but do I even have to? Is that close enough?

Thanks

Just a question Zero... when you say to go just below the hit cap, how far is okay? I moved some things around and somehow ended up at exactly 17.02 again (haha)... if I drop the reforge on my weap, it brings me to 16.65. I haven't spent a ton of time trying to reorganize my reforges, but do I even have to? Is that close enough?

Thanks
    I generally try to keep mine above 16%, anything more than that and I'm not comfortable with it. I've seen some spriests do amazingly well with 14%, you just have to be ready to recast a dot if the first one misses. If you can keep it above 16.5%, then thats good. I'm at 16.74% and I haven't seen a miss in a long time. maybe the most random mind flay miss but I'm usually bashing my keys over and over anyways. At 16.65, you may see 1 miss a night, if that. Its rare. Speaking strictly by simming 17% is what you want and dropping that hit is bad when simming values, but in the real world it seems to be worth it.

Maybe its just a pet peeve of mine, but I hate wasting any itemization with useless hit above the cap.

im willing to get rid of Some haste, but your basically asking me to drop 140 haste and 10 int in favor of 100 mastery and 40 int, this 140 haste loss will drop me bellow the haste soft cap, something i am sure will not be a dps increase

also, the items that are hit-sprit, have no other reforge option so i figured, might as well get some OOC regen, all it really is a waste of gold on reforging, and i get that, but honestly, i dont like drinking in a raid
    Last edited by Deadmedic; 2011-10-16 at 08:01 PM.

You'll want to toss the +50 int enchant on that cloak, not haste. Change your wrist enchant to intellect, not haste. Your slightly above the hit cap as well so that will drop you just under it and you'll be fine. Reforge your bracers to crit -> mastery. All that crit on there isn't helping near as much as mastery/haste would do, but theres not much you can do about that without upgrades. Do you have any other trinkets you could replace the stopwatch with?

7.5/10.
    Thanks for the advise! I might have a better trinket, a on-use trinket with haste, can't remember what it's calledbut it's a 359 iLvl one.

im willing to get rid of Some haste, but your basically asking me to drop 140 haste and 10 int in favor of 100 mastery and 40 int, this 140 haste loss will drop me bellow the haste soft cap, something i am sure will not be a dps increase

also, the items that are hit-sprit, have no other reforge option so i figured, might as well get some OOC regen, all it really is a waste of gold on reforging, and i get that, but honestly, i dont like drinking in a raid
    I take it you don't get DI then? The only haste threshold you would be worrying about is the one at 2589. You can leave your boot enchant if you want, but I guarantee the extra movement speed will make up for any theoretical dps loss. It is invaluable. 65 mastery on your gloves will almost always sim better than the 50 haste, try it out yourself in simcraft to check. You underestimate the value of int and mastery compared to haste I think. You'd be surprised what changes are actually a dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by ejfimp View Post
    Thanks for the advise! I might have a better trinket, a on-use trinket with haste, can't remember what it's calledbut it's a 359 iLvl one.
    Hmm, i'd have to sim it to check. The stopwatch isn't great but like I said it would have to be simmed to be sure. Is it the heart of ignacious? If so, then that would be better. Here is a list of trinkets and their approximate values.

Code:
    Soul Casket 359 - 402.61
    Gale of Shadows 346 - 412.52
    Stump of Time 359 - 414.36
    Bell of Enraging Resonance 359 - 423.14
    Mithril Stopwatch 365 - 424.79
    Heart of Ignacious 359 - 427.42
    Witching Hourglass 346 - 448.80
    Vibrant Alchemist Stone 359 - 456.30
    Figurine - Jeweled Serpent 346 - 465.10
    Bell of Enraging Resonance 372 - 478.44
    Heart of Ignacious 372 - 483.06
    Theralion's Mirror 359 - 504.35
    Rune of Zeth 378 - 507.32
    Fiery Quintessence 378 - 509.28
    Moonwell Chalice 365 - 537.84
    Necromantic Focus 378 - 555.47
    Darkmoon Card: Volcano 359 - 563.32
    Theralion's Mirror 372 - 570.33
    Necromantic Focus 391 - 627.58
    Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor 384 - 656.00
    Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor 397 - 733.45
    Last edited by Izzirez; 2011-10-16 at 08:15 PM.

from what im looking at, i can loose about 110 haste and still be fine so the question is, in addition to the boot enchant change, what else should i change, golves or the gems, so 50 haste-65 mastery, or 40 haste and 10 int - 40 int,

Also, you question my glove and belt gemming, when you have the exact same gems as i do, just in different places, it comes down to being at exactly 17% hit, and liking that, i really detest having SWP fall off because of a missed MF

from what im looking at, i can loose about 110 haste and still be fine so the question is, in addition to the boot enchant change, what else should i change, golves or the gems, so 50 haste-65 mastery, or 40 haste and 10 int - 40 int,

Also, you question my glove and belt gemming, when you have the exact same gems as i do, just in different places, it comes down to being at exactly 17% hit, and liking that, i really detest having SWP fall off because of a missed MF
    Yup, I realize that on the gems, and am going to sim mine later. My gloves haven't dropped yet which I was expecting them to by now. /sadpanda.
    Your really safe at being anywhere above 16% as your not going to drop SWP ever unless you have to stop dps (Sometimes on H Rag to not force a transition) or are moving a lot/targeting other things (Rhyo possibly, or shannox on the dogs. Maybe on H Baleroc while running around, but I doubt it).

I'm not up to speed enough to rate anybody here but wanted to throw the link to my armory page here. My priest has been my "new main" since I started playing again a few months ago. Long story short: I had quit playing, started hanging out with some IRL friends that play and they convinced my wife and I to start up again. A faction change and realm xfer later I'm playing a few days a week again. I guess you really can't walk away

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ffkay/advanced

Anyway, let me know how terrible my stuff looks

i know that alot of the time it will be a non issue and the gain in other stats would be good, but like, in the real world for me, when i was under hit, i noticed swp falling off, or having to recast a dot here or there, and for me, thats more annoying than the dps gain i might have, i lead our raids, and i dont want to have to focus that much on my dps rotation, at lest not enough to check to make sure my dots are firing

still tho, since i dont sim, is the glove enchant or the gems a better idea?

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Not that I want to be rude or anything, but this is a priest forum and never the less a shadow priest thread.
    This is the guy to rate: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...le/Voxi/simple (Vawcks) and I can chip in with a few to start it of:

Try to offset gloves to ragnaros gloves instead of head untill you can get your hands on HC flickering
    Buy the haste/mst ring as soon as you can as that would be your best uppgrade from VPs atm!
    Hmm, well I have the 384 version but that would make me drop my 4 pc. Wouldn't that be bad?

Would love some constructive criticisim.
    Last edited by Vawcks; 2011-10-16 at 08:38 PM.
    Voxi - 85 Shadow Priest [4/8 HM DS, 6/7 Heroic FL] Tsunari - 85 MM Huntard

i know that alot of the time it will be a non issue and the gain in other stats would be good, but like, in the real world for me, when i was under hit, i noticed swp falling off, or having to recast a dot here or there, and for me, thats more annoying than the dps gain i might have, i lead our raids, and i dont want to have to focus that much on my dps rotation, at lest not enough to check to make sure my dots are firing

still tho, since i dont sim, is the glove enchant or the gems a better idea?
    Someone rate Autofollow, I'm going to lunch soon :P

Anyways, I'll have to sim it later when I get home. I'll sim what you have, what each change does, and both changes combined.