Thread: Flame Cap

Flame Cap

Considering Fire has received a nice boost, flame cap, this sweet herb will once again find themselves very useful. However farming these would be a pain. I was looking around in zangarmash for 30mins and found only 5-6 of them. Am I looking for them in the wrong places?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they are just rare spawns. At the current level of SP it's not really worth farming them. This is from a guy who used to use them on every single pull too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

free 80sp for 1 min is as good as proff 80+ int buff isnt it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhastadude View Post
    It is yes. Maybe I should rephrase that. I'm tired of farming for days to only end up with 5 which I use on 1 progression attempt. As nice as 80sp every minute is it's not going to make or break a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    They are on my buylist on the AH, but I never farm them since they are way too rare.

Technically not, because int also increases other stats. SP only works with SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    It is yes. Maybe I should rephrase that. I'm tired of farming for days to only end up with 5 which I use on 1 progression attempt. As nice as 80sp every minute is it's not going to make or break a kill.
    Ofcourse its not gonna matter so much but its good to have.

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 01:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fatirish View Post
    Technically not, because int also increases other stats. SP only works with SP.
    well ofcourse int increases your mana and crit chance as well, however 80sp is still nice if timed welll with pot lust and cds.
    Last edited by rhastadude; 2011-10-17 at 01:54 PM.

Ofcourse its not gonna matter so much but its good to have.

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 01:52 PM ----------

well ofcourse int increases your mana and crit chance as well, however 80sp is still nice if timed welll with pot lust and cds.
    I guarantee you that it won't ever make a substantial enough difference that makes it worthwhile to farm for progression raiding or anything for that matter. However, you already seem very convinced that your raid is in need of flamecaps so perhaps you should farm them for hours and make your time in this game less pleasant :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, its a nice little boost but at current levels of gear, and even moreso in T13 as we get even higher ilvls then its not worth it because 80 sp is really fairly small compared to everything else. If you have them in your bank or find them cheap on the AH then by all means use them for progression, but its going to make a mostly negligible difference and definitely not worth farming since they are rare spawns.

They are not as good as profession perks. The effective amount of spellpower that the flamecap gives reduces the longer the fight, so the longer the fight, the less spell power it actually has contributed. 80 int profession perks are either static (meaning they don't ever grow or shrink) or are procs that average out to 80 int based on their proc rate, duration and uptime.

I used to farm them back in wrath, it was a huge pain in the ass.

I use them whenever I play(ed) fire. It's an extremely small boost, but the amount of times I've wiped sub 100k on bosses is what makes me minmax :P

yea hopefully if they increase the spawns on this herb like azshara veil or other important herbs, this would be nice in 4.3

Considering Fire has received a nice boost, flame cap, this sweet herb will once again find themselves very useful. However farming these would be a pain. I was looking around in zangarmash for 30mins and found only 5-6 of them. Am I looking for them in the wrong places?
    They are an absolute nightmare to farm. Takes me at LEAST an hour or two to even get a stack. You can also farm them in underbog(i believe), but they're just as rare.

I always used them on cooldown as a fire mage all the way through current tier(still use them on alysrazor when i'm specced fire).

Check the AH every day and you can usually snatch a few up every week. I check horde and alliance AH every day for flame cap and other things I need/want.

The only thing that's bad about flame cap is that they share a CD with healthstones, but with cauterize and iceblock, a healthstone isn't really going to prevent a wipe.