Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I got my hands on the Huttball as well, and it is pretty obvious that the Inq/Cons advanced class is a powerful one and need some tweaking.

I foresee some tuning before the game goes live, but hey that is why there is a beta~.

Thanks for the write up though, it will be interesting to see what they do with cover in PvP. Going to be hard to find a balance without making in OP/UP in PvE.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for sharing, sadly it's near imposible to balance advanced classes for both pve and pvp, and in trying to do it, we will have yet again fotm adv classes just like in WoW. I'm more curios to see in wich direction Bioware will incline more in regards of balancing, pve or pvp. Time will tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Thanks for the write-up! I'm sure that the use of cover and the ways to make it useful will be more clear with more playtime. =)
    Im with Trolls on this one, I think once you have your bindings down, a little more play time, and a better idea of strategy snipers will be very good in PvP. From your description I can already start to see how this class should be played. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Im with Trolls on this one, I think once you have your bindings down, a little more play time, and a better idea of strategy snipers will be very good in PvP. From your description I can already start to see how this class should be played. Thanks!
    From what I have seen ranged have a very clear advantage in this battleground for sure. I think it is going to result in a large amount of qq.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    From what I have seen ranged have a very clear advantage in this battleground for sure. I think it is going to result in a large amount of qq.
    Im curious to see how the "closing range" abilities work in this BG. If force users can "force jump" up on to the platform, I can see them doing very well. As well as BH's using any ability with their rocket pack to close distances.

Either way there will be QQ. Some classes will do very well and be easily played out the door, others will take the right kind of player to for people to see how the class shines.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw some Huttball at Eurogamer. It was great. Every time someone got KB'd into the flames, a huge cheer would go up. Truly, the knockbacks were destroying things. Ranged was also causing some serious hurt. There are steam gratings that 'lift' you up a level, but you have to hit them at the right angle to take advantage of them.

@ OP, please no need to swear so much in your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand this anti melee thought.
    Perhaps it's just because people need to play the game before they know.

Line of Sight. And it just so happens to be all over that Warzone.

I've seen enough to have a very good guess that ranged won't dominate once player know how to play their class, and knockbacks won't be OP against people that know how to play.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I don't understand this anti melee thought.
    Perhaps it's just because people need to play the game before they know.

Line of Sight. And it just so happens to be all over that Warzone.

I've seen enough to have a very good guess that ranged won't dominate once player know how to play their class, and knockbacks won't be OP against people that know how to play.
    I just don't see how knockbacks won't be overpowered in a BG that requires you to slowly run the ball across thin catwalks in order to score. Knockbacks in Huttball will be much more devestating than knockbacks in EOTS/AB. A single well placed knockback can determine whether your entire team wins or loses in Huttball.

Also, although I think that cover is an overall handicap in Huttball, it does provide some useful defense making you immune to grapple and force charge while in cover. You can still be knocked back though.

I agree with you about the ranged vs. melee thing. Melees are harder to master than ranged in PvP.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Im curious to see how the "closing range" abilities work in this BG. If force users can "force jump" up on to the platform, I can see them doing very well. As well as BH's using any ability with their rocket pack to close distances.

Either way there will be QQ. Some classes will do very well and be easily played out the door, others will take the right kind of player to for people to see how the class shines.
    Yes, Jedi Knights and Sith Warriors can use their force jump to jump to players on the ledges above them.
    Last edited by Zeerid; 2011-10-17 at 10:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I just don't see how knockbacks won't be overpowered in a BG that requires you to slowly run the ball across thin catwalks in order to score. Knockbacks in Huttball will be much more devestating than knockbacks in EOTS/AB. A single well placed knockback can determine whether your entire team wins or loses in Huttball.
    Because by that reasoning:
    -Grapple, because I can grapple a player that may score into a fire pit and get them killed, or grapple them down into the pit is OP.
    -Sprint, because if used at the right time, say, running through the last fire trap to score, is OP.
    -Charge, because if I get knocked off a catwalk, I can immediately charge back to that player that knocked me off, or because I can charge over fire traps, is OP.
    -Other abilities that aren't yet commonly known are also OP.

The reason I'm not worried is because there are counters to everything. There are counters to counters. There is also a pass the ball button which trumps everything.

Im not saying that ability couldn't be a game changer at times. It will be. As will all the others I listed. And that's awesome. Skill can play a part in gameplay. You shouldn't score everytime you have the ball. Leave room for variables to create a more exciting environment and gameplay.

Even against a team that has everyone able to knock me back, and are coordinating them, I still know how to score. I can, and I will. Unfortunately, you can't take my word on that until you've played that many a times. But, you'll see. =)

If it truly were a very unfair advantage, Bioware would know because of their extensive testing, and they would fix it.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    you get knocked down, team mate didnt and is still up there. Throw ball..... profit.

thinking about it does the knockbacks get classed as CC's and so build and are affected by resolve? (not sure if its nda breaking but i woulda thought someone may have noticed in the 15min pvp demo things)

Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    you get knocked down, team mate didnt and is still up there. Throw ball..... profit.

thinking about it does the knockbacks get classed as CC's and so build and are affected by resolve? (not sure if its nda breaking but i woulda thought someone may have noticed in the 15min pvp demo things)
    I highly doubt knockbacks would be counted as part of Resolve building.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    you lucky bastard :P wish i could play it

Not a big fan of the idea of huttball, but havn't played, could turn out to be fun, sounds fun.

I can understand your concern about Snipers in pvp, but from what I heard they will be deadly undercover (good experienced players).

As for Hutball, I can't wait for all the noobs to die by standing in fire and pits. Standing in fire gives you buffs, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaninchen View Post
    I can understand your concern about Snipers in pvp, but from what I heard they will be deadly undercover (good experienced players).

As for Hutball, I can't wait for all the noobs to die by standing in fire and pits. Standing in fire gives you buffs, amirite?
    it gives+50 dkp not buffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I don't think this is a NDA breach because I experienced what the public could experience and also weren't told anything about the NDA while there, but if this is some how a NDA breach, feel free to delete.

OK so first of all, I had an awesome time at the BioWare booth, they handed out Empire/Republic shirts (you had to pick one, I got the Empire one) and also a Darth Revan mask (made of cardboard, but it was still kick ass!).

First, some general thoughts on my experience in Huttball: This BG is pretty cool, but I found that classes that have knockbacks are going to have an overwhelming advantage here. The Huttball I participated in was pretty good, the Republic won with a score of 3:2, so it was definitely a lively match. I'll have to say that the sole reason they won was because their Assassin and Sage were using their knockbacks extremely wisely. As most of you already know, in order to score you HAVE to make your way through a series of narrow-ish grates with fire hazards. Well, if you have the ball and are trying to score and team mates their backing you up. One measly Assassin can fuck everything up. He can run up to you and knock you all off the grate forcing you to have to run allll the way back around to get back on it and buying their team time to regroup. They can also knock your ass into the fire (this happened to me, I had the ball and was taking it to the endzone, stopped on fire trap, some Sage or Assassin came up and knock me on the fire, killing my instantly). I think they'll have to do something like turn their knockbacks into knockdowns in order to balance that BG.

OK, so on to the Sniper. Keep in mind that I was only there for 15 minutes and most of the time I was just clicking
    stopped reading there

Infracted. If you have nothing constructive to add, don't post. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-10-18 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaninchen View Post

I cannot fully respond without breaking NDA, but let's just say this problem has been fixed in the most recent patch.

Cover is something you will get used to it. You don't get the 'feel' of the cover system with just 15 min of gameplay. Trust me. When you began to level a Smuggler/IA you will actually like the cover system more.

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Cover is something you will get used to it. You don't get the 'feel' of the cover system with just 15 min of gameplay. Trust me. When you began to level a Smuggler/IA you will actually like the cover system more.
    <Snip> NDA
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-19 at 04:52 PM.