10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    Well I just got done watching all of S1 for the first time plus the S2 opener, and I must say, this is the first time I am excited about a TV series since like Dragon Ball Z twelve years ago. Great show!

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 06:02 PM ----------

Meh, I didn't like him anyway lol. I just hope Daryl doesn't die, though I wouldn't be surprised if he does.
    /nod

The apocalypse is no place for a small child!

15+ Year Old Account
    Just finished the S2 opener. Lots of interesting stuff happening. I'm a little sick of the Rick/Shane/Lori thing. It just seems to be eating away at the episode and wasn't too necessary. I do like that they're introducing new characters though. Also, I hope they get rid of the kids. They just seem to slow everything down. Overall it was a good start. It wasn't the action packed first episode I was hoping for, but the preview looks promising.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Just finished the S2 opener. Lots of interesting stuff happening. I'm a little sick of the Rick/Shane/Lori thing. It just seems to be eating away at the episode and wasn't too necessary. I do like that they're introducing new characters though. Also, I hope they get rid of the kids. They just seem to slow everything down. Overall it was a good start. It wasn't the action packed first episode I was hoping for, but the preview looks promising.
    eh people love, love triangles. In the comic it was over pretty quickly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    eh people love, love triangles. In the comic it was over pretty quickly.
    Maybe so, but two bitter people and an oblivious one doesn't constitute the most entertaining love triangle. I like the characters on their own, but the plot for them doesn't interest me too much.

Spoiler (Highlight):

The boy does not die but another surviver in the comics shoots him as an accident and then they take the boy to a farm where the rest are and save his life. Now they get there and a religious nut is the head of this surviving family and doesn't really want them to stay. They will then find the prison which is the part where things really heat up. I wont give away too much here but those helicopters in the brief glimpse of the rest of the season play an enormous part.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-10-18 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Mod Edit

15+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Kathoris;13718073]Spoiler (Highlight):

*snip*

Yeah as far as the first episode of this season goes I'm glad that they're back into the comics plot. Although [comic spoiler]carl offing shane in the comics was pretty intense.
    Last edited by Elementium; 2011-10-20 at 02:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks elementium. Any spoiler from the comics you be greatly appreciated if left out of this thread pretty please. This thread is not about the comic book but tv show.

I dunno, my brother really loves the series, I watched season 1 episode 1 and got about half an hour in and nothing had happened. Like, at all. Didnt grab my attention one bit. Ill have to give it another try at some point but for now I just didnt like it.

A guy woke up from a coma and wondered round for half an hour...cool.
    Last edited by Darkdruidelf; 2011-10-19 at 12:31 PM.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    I dunno, my brother really loves the series, I watched season 1 episode 1 and got about half an hour in and nothing had happened. Like, at all. Didnt grab my attention one bit. Ill have to give it another try at some point but for now I just didnt like it.

A guy woke up from a coma and wondered round for half an hour...cool.
    Well.. you cant watch a half an hour of the series and judge the whole thing. Try watching a few episodes and make a decision.

Well.. you cant watch a half an hour of the series and judge the whole thing. Try watching a few episodes and make a decision.
    TBH it is not the most amazing zombie show. But its just that a zombie show. If you love zombies no matter the content you will like it. I thought it was well done given that it is an American TV show. I don't watch American TV anymore but I do plan on watching Season 2 of it just to see what happens. Give it another chance if you like zombies it will be worth your time I promise.

Sorry but a series cant have the first episode with nothing happening and then expect you to tune in again next week.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but a series cant have the first episode with nothing happening and then expect you to tune in again next week.
    but... you didn't even watch the whole first episode...

Pretty gnarly premiere. Loved it, can't wait for next episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because it doesnt play like a zombie movie. If you come into it thinking that all your going to see is neat new ways to kill zombies every 5 minutes, then you might be disappointed. Honestly, I thought it was going to be horrible when I first heard about it. I expected it to be nothing more than a zombie movie in the fashion of a tv show with nothing more than violence and more violence. That has been done to death. Instead, the show has focus on less violence and more suspense, survival and story. I hope it stays that route because I am really bored with blowing up dead people.

Now that I think about it, kinda reminds me of amnesia. Hard to be scared when the main character is rambo with a minigun. Think I remember dawn of the dead using all sorts of devices from machine guns to bombs. In walking dead, they refrain from using anything but hand weapons because they draw less attention. More realistic and suspenseful imo.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2011-10-19 at 05:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Probably because it doesnt play like a zombie movie. If you come into it thinking that all your going to see is neat new ways to kill zombies every 5 minutes, then you might be disappointed. Honestly, I thought it was going to be horrible when I first heard about it. I expected it to be nothing more than a zombie movie in the fashion of a tv show with nothing more than violence and more violence. That has been done to death. Instead, the show has focus on less violence and more suspense, survival and story. I hope it stays that route because I am really bored with blowing up dead people.
    Pretty much. A zombie movie plays out in 90mins, this is a TV series that is meant for you to get involved in characters and story. If all you want is a zombie killing movie then there are plenty of great options. For my money, the story is pretty damn good. There are some annoying elements that I've discussed, but it's largely well done.

It still just kinda blows me away that people will judge a whole series after watching 30mins of the first episode. That's like reading 5 pages of a book and deciding that it's terrible, or listening to 2 mins of a song and deciding the album is terrible. You're welcome to your opinion, fine. However if you want people to respect your opinion you have to do better than that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Thanks elementium. Any spoiler from the comics you be greatly appreciated if left out of this thread pretty please. This thread is not about the comic book but tv show.

O_O I apologize. Didn't realize the quoute made the text color more legible. Also fixed my text color. Not a big deal though, the way it seems now some characters that weren't around long in the comics are here to stay. I mean.. If The Walking Dead keeps bringing in money they have a long series ahead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    If The Walking Dead keeps bringing in money they have a long series ahead of them.
    And i am sure they will..

Sorry, but I wasn't a fan of the s2 opener. I simply wasn't captivated by what was going on. In the first season, I wanted the CDC to open for them. When it was going to blow, I wanted them to escape.

Now that they're out and in danger, I'm apathetic at best as to whether I'd love to see a zombie chow down on any of the lot of 'em.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Wouldn't really mind if a walker took a bite out of Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Sorry, but I wasn't a fan of the s2 opener. I simply wasn't captivated by what was going on. In the first season, I wanted the CDC to open for them. When it was going to blow, I wanted them to escape.

Now that they're out and in danger, I'm apathetic at best as to whether I'd love to see a zombie chow down on any of the lot of 'em.
    Imo eat the kids...