Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I HATE Ender men!

Whoever thought these were a good idea needs to be shot. After the update that included them, I decided to take a break from the castle I was building, and wander around to find another site to build on. I picked a site on a hill not far from the castle, but outside its surrounding wall. I start building random things there for a couple of 'weeks' (was away from my castle for a LONG time in-game) and come back one day, to find my castle had been almost completely dismantled! Those freaking ender men had been pulling blocks out, and depositing them on the freaking lawn ><

Give me zombies. Give me skeletons. Give me skeletons riding spiders. Hell, give me freaking an army of creepers! But those ender men need to GO!

I approve of this message. Enders really irritate the piss out of me. I'm working on the skyblock challenge and they keep dismantling the wall I have to keep them from falling off.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Notch has said that he wasn't really happy with how Ender men turned out. He is reworking the mob and I believe taking away their ability to move blocks.

I remember reading that, but I could be wrong. I might have just been while browsing his Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I approve of this message. Enders really irritate the piss out of me. I'm working on the skyblock challenge and they keep dismantling the wall I have to keep them from falling off.
    Create a mob drop up in the air. If you do a platform in the air, surrounded by a shell that doesn't touch to keep it dark, they simply die when they fall and don't have a chance to move blocks for the most part.

I too find Endermen extremely overrated in respect to their combat capabilities and their "special" feat is just plain annoying. I am fine with the teleport stuff, even though it needs a serious fix as they tend to vanish for all eternity in cave systems, and giving them more HP might be a way to keep you on your toes, as you actually need to land 4 hits while he is approaching you. That whole hype around them seems like a joke, compared to what silverfish & cave spiders are capable of.

edit: building a small water moat will keep them from damaging your properties & kill them over time. while in water, they lose their abilities and as of the pre release, they will port out of it, keeping your building save (unless the coding is so messed up, that they glitch inside your property. if that happens, i will seriously consider punching notch in the face)
    Last edited by Flextt; 2011-10-18 at 05:23 PM.

Yeah, I'll be very glad for the Enderman change but they were kinda fun to deal with at first. I like to make my creations as monster-proof as possible and the Endermen added just a bit more of a challenge at times. I think, by far, the most annoying problem with them was not that they move blocks but finding WHERE they got the damn blocks from! It's horrible if one manages to get into one of your creations because they're able to take Blocks from behind a block. Sneaky bastards...

Now, they AREN'T removing all of their block-moving skills but they are limiting it a lot. They will only be able to move about 10-11 blocks after 1.9 as well as Flowers and Mushrooms. I imagine people will make a mod to reintroduce their full block moving skills.

Edit: Forgot to link Info on what they can move still:
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Enderman
    Last edited by An_Unoriginal_Name; 2011-10-18 at 06:16 PM.

Deleted
    hm, ive not really noticed it much, i play it on hard, and i see the occasional dirt block missing, but i never seen more than 1-2 blocks missing from anything i built.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    hm, ive not really noticed it much, i play it on hard, and i see the occasional dirt block missing, but i never seen more than 1-2 blocks missing from anything i built.
    lol, I'm guessing you don't usually play near a Forest biome? The city I'm working on is near one and a vast majority of the trees are missing a block of Wood from their trunks

Endermen can be incredibly deadly if they manage to get into the middle of a Redstone contraption too.

Deleted
    Yeah, I hate them too.
    The idea was good but they're just annoying in the long run.
    Primarily because they like to destroy my buildings.

I build playing on Peaceful usually but otherwise on Hard. Haven't really had any trouble with Endermen but then again I am always building.

I agree that just piss me off more then anything.
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

Just build a moat and flood your building in lights, stops enderman i swear.

EDIT: On topic slightly, I feel that Notch will be nerfing the Endermen's abilities too far with that short list of 12 blocks. Not only are they not used in construction for the most part unless you just love dirt and mud houses, but players tend to not really place very many of those blocks at all.

He should at least allow them to remove glass or fence posts, perhaps doors as well. Endermen will be effectively destroyed if Notch goes through with this 12 block list.
    Last edited by Lawlocoptor; 2011-10-19 at 05:09 AM.
    I sold out 4 years ago, when I sold to Major League Gaming. And I think you're a troll.
    - Boub

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlocoptor View Post
    Just build a moat and flood your building in lights, stops enderman i swear.

EDIT: On topic slightly, I feel that Notch will be nerfing the Endermen's abilities too far with that short list of 12 blocks. Not only are they not used in construction for the most part unless you just love dirt and mud houses, but players tend to not really place very many of those blocks at all.

He should at least allow them to remove glass or fence posts, perhaps doors as well. Endermen will be effectively destroyed if Notch goes through with this 12 block list.
    My understanding is that they will be receiving a BIG buff to their HP and Damage. I don't know how true the following is: but I've heard they will also teleport away from danger and they will spawn in packs.. There's more bits of info in the link I posted. As far as I know, too, if one Enderman is attacked all nearby ones will swarm you. I've seen a couple videos of people messing around in The End (world?) and having upto 30 Enderman chasing them.

There's a few neat things about them next patch, too. Although I guess they can do this now, but they'll be able to create Cactus farms (basically) and Snow Golems. Putting one cactus on the ground causes two Cactus blocks to grow above them, etc.

You could always find creative ways to play with them. I plan to make some kind of underground dungeon that includes a room filled with Sand and hidden Enderman Spawners. It'll be under the area I'm currently working on, so they should be pretty active. It might be interesting to see what happens, idk. I'll be using MCEdit for the spawners but I still need to work out a way for preventing other creature spawns.
    Last edited by An_Unoriginal_Name; 2011-10-19 at 06:10 AM. Reason: typo

Endermen die in water. Moat/ pit with water pools = win
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Quote Originally Posted by An_Unoriginal_Name View Post
    My understanding is that they will be receiving a BIG buff to their HP and Damage. I don't know how true the following is: but I've heard they will also teleport away from danger and they will spawn in packs.. There's more bits of info in the link I posted. As far as I know, too, if one Enderman is attacked all nearby ones will swarm you. I've seen a couple videos of people messing around in The End (world?) and having upto 30 Enderman chasing them.

There's a few neat things about them next patch, too. Although I guess they can do this now, but they'll be able to create Cactus farms (basically) and Snow Golems. Putting one cactus on the ground causes two Cactus blocks to grow above them, etc.

You could always find creative ways to play with them. I plan to make some kind of underground dungeon that includes a room filled with Sand and hidden Enderman Spawners. It'll be under the area I'm currently working on, so they should be pretty active. It might be interesting to see what happens, idk. I'll be using MCEdit for the spawners but I still need to work out a way for preventing other creature spawns.
    HP & Damage doesn't mean much when you can just run straight at them and they sit there like a deer caught in headlights. Even if they get those buffs, I still stand by the idea that they should be able to remove glass, doors and fences, perhaps wool too. I feel that it'd be more necessary to have a enemy that can actually get inside your stuff rather than just be invincible. All the other mobs can't do that and except for the spider, are very limited in movement. Not to mention that they can't do anything to you if you just walk inside even the smallest of buildings.
    I sold out 4 years ago, when I sold to Major League Gaming. And I think you're a troll.
    - Boub

it sounds like next patch they'll be much more frustrating to kill, but at least most of their griefing will be nullified unless you built your house out of gravel, dirt and sand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Yeah, I hate them too.
    The idea was good but they're just annoying in the long run.
    Primarily because they like to destroy my buildings.
    Frankly I think monsters should all be able to move/destroy blocks, even zombies. Survival should be about surviving, not just "oh just build a wall, add a roof, and you're permanently safe from everything ever."

I don't like them either :/

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Frankly I think monsters should all be able to move/destroy blocks, even zombies. Survival should be about surviving, not just "oh just build a wall, add a roof, and you're permanently safe from everything ever."
    maybe enderman should only spawn from a certain point in the game and you have enough time to rush for a special coating / block which repels them / keeps them from griefing your house, which would be easy to reproduce but hard to obtain at first (akin to farming). These abilities should be highly customizable in SMP however.

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    a special coating / block which repels them / keeps them from griefing your house
    You mean, like water?

You can get a modified gz.class that stops them from greifing your house.