Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Not every game has ridiculous health inflation. Lotro has managed to keep the stats in check very well.

Deleted
    Around 10-15k, maybe 20k with bis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    it's not Blizzard's fault that numbers are so high now, with the way item progression is done in that game.
    Eeeeermmm...yeah it is? Blizzard's game, blizzard's fault, they control their own game. Not that hard to recalibrate everything to tone the numbers down...it only took me about 5 hours to do it on a private server, I'd imagine it'd only take them a few months to get it perfect.

Kind of curious about this myself. Being an MMO vet, it's always interesting to see how the 'numbers' carry on between games. Where in one game at level 10, you're hitting for a few thousand, but in another at level 10 you're hitting for double-digits.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Eeeeermmm...yeah it is? Blizzard's game, blizzard's fault, they control their own game. Not that hard to recalibrate everything to tone the numbers down...it only took me about 5 hours to do it on a private server, I'd imagine it'd only take them a few months to get it perfect.

Kind of curious about this myself. Being an MMO vet, it's always interesting to see how the 'numbers' carry on between games. Where in one game at level 10, you're hitting for a few thousand, but in another at level 10 you're hitting for double-digits.
    An "MMO vet" who opposes min/maxing Your posts make me laugh.

No, it wouldn't be hard to tone down all the numbers back to 5 digits (or even 4 digits), but that would just be silly. Blizzard always stuck by the philosophy that players should feel like they're getting more powerful, and thus old content becomes easier and easier to do once you progress to higher levels and higher gear levels.

Besides, why does it even matter? Numbers are just numbers, what's the difference when someone tells you they're doing 30dps, 300dps, 3k dps, 30k dps? As long as all the bosses scale as well, there really is no difference.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    An "MMO vet" who opposes min/maxing Your posts make me laugh.

No, it wouldn't be hard to tone down all the numbers back to 5 digits (or even 4 digits), but that would just be silly. Blizzard always stuck by the philosophy that players should feel like they're getting more powerful, and thus old content becomes easier and easier to do once you progress to higher levels and higher gear levels.

Besides, why does it even matter? Numbers are just numbers, what's the difference when someone tells you they're doing 30dps, 300dps, 3k dps, 30k dps? As long as all the bosses scale as well, there really is no difference.
    What does my being an MMO vet have to do with being an elitist asshole? I've been playing MMOs since they were MUDS. I'd call that vet. I never said I spent hours online, missing sleep, living in my parent's basement, never been laid, but have LEET EPIX on all my chars. I don't take my gaming that seriously, sorry. If you're a hardcore player, more power to you. I like to enjoy my games without having to stress over them.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    What does my being an MMO vet have to do with being an elitist asshole? I've been playing MMOs since they were MUDS. I'd call that vet. I never said I spent hours online, missing sleep, living in my parent's basement, never been laid, but have LEET EPIX on all my chars. I don't take my gaming that seriously, sorry. If you're a hardcore player, more power to you. I like to enjoy my games without having to stress over them.
    So now you're generalizing being good at a game by dedicating your whole life to it? Hah. MMORPGs are easy. Hell, you don't have to be a mathematician that contributes to theory on elitistjerks.com, all you have to do is read up on what your BiS stats are and your rotation, and that's it. That's all you have to do to "min/max", you make it sound like it requires you to give up your life. How does "min/maxing" make a person an elitist asshole?

"Leet epix?" You're the only one who mentioned that there. You make it sound like good players just play for "leet epix", which isn't the case, but I'd rather not go through this and explain it to you since you obviously have your prejudices against players who are better than you by calling them elitist assholes since you refuse to min/max and make yourself the least bit competent at a game.

When I play a game, I like to be good at it. Why play a game if you're not even trying to be good at it? It's not because I want a bigger "epeen", it's because a game isn't fun (to me) if I'm not being challenged.

www.hellokittyonline.com There's a game that won't give you any "stress". Personally, a game isn't fun if it offers a sort of challenge. What fun is there when you're playing a game that your 4 year old nephew would be able to play just as well as you? Do you not want your brain to be challenged?

Also, good job for not even talking about the "health cap", which is the topic.

Every single post I see from you in the SWTOR forum, you take a stab at the "hardcore/elitist" players that for some reason ruined WoW and Rift. Well, guess what? SWTOR will have those types of players, and SWTOR will have addons (if they wouldn't have addons why would they put in a combat log?) post-launch and macros as well. It's the same genre. If that ruins the game for you, then have fun not playing a game just because something that you DON'T HAVE TO HAVE (addons) are ruining the game for you.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-10-19 at 02:54 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now you're generalizing being good at a game by dedicating your whole life to it? Hah. MMORPGs are easy. Hell, you don't have to be a mathematician that contributes to theory on elitistjerks.com, all you have to do is read up on what your BiS stats are and your rotation, and that's it. That's all you have to do to "min/max", you make it sound like it requires you to give up your life. How does "min/maxing" make a person an elitist asshole?

www.hellokittyonline.com There's a game that won't give you any "stress". Personally, a game isn't fun if it offers a sort of challenge. What fun is there when you're playing a game that your 4 year old nephew would be able to play just as well as you? Do you not want your brain to be challenged?

Also, good job for not even talking about the "health cap", which is the topic.
    #winning

Herbert Prochnow once said - "A great many people mistake opinions for thought."

On topic, since the damage inflation is so low in TOR, ie critting for 3k instead of 60k, they can afford to have EH fairly low. Hopefully they will learn from blizz and not leapfrog it to ridiculous proportions so quickly.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2011-10-19 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Spelling

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea as I am not in the beta but I would say about 10k give or take is probably what a geared 50 would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    An integer!

Edit: it is under NDA so you cant get an awnser to this :P
    I find it Hilarious how ppl need to mention the NDA since the health pools are an oficial information.

Original Image: http://media.dhcdn.com/2011/08/11043...0.EV-00005.png

[Try to keep the image sizes down. 800px wide max, please. - Cilraaz]
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-10-19 at 05:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a pretty nice number at max level I'd wager. Not too much but not too little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    that seems like a good number to be at. Content with the 10k+

Deleted
    I agree, it's pretty good number. Real question is how much they'll grow with upcoming tiers and expansions.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shitngiggles View Post
    I agree, it's pretty good number. Real question is how much they'll grow with upcoming tiers and expansions.
    Yeah I just hope they do not inflate it to like 200k too fast. While i want to grow I do not want to turn into Zeus with lightning after a while. xD

15+ Year Old Account
    The lower they are the better, I don't want to see 100ks of hp/rage/mana w/e in 1-2 expansions, again. :|

Deleted
    Cheers RevanSparda.

Having over 100k health in a game is just kind of weird.

i still dont understand why people whine about health, its always proportionate to your damage yes? no?
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlycaster View Post
    i still dont understand why people whine about health, its always proportionate to your damage yes? no?
    Ya but at a point it just seems silly that your character could be that proportionally greater than it was just a short time ago. People used to do 300 dps. Now they do 30,000. That is just absurd. Its all good if that is what you establish from the start, but when 5-10 levels essentially makes you ten times stronger than you were previously it seems stupid.

Revan, how dare you use logic and science to figure this out. Well played sir.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Ya but at a point it just seems silly that your character could be that proportionally greater than it was just a short time ago. People used to do 300 dps. Now they do 30,000. That is just absurd. Its all good if that is what you establish from the start, but when 5-10 levels essentially makes you ten times stronger than you were previously it seems stupid.
    Well it's not that absurd really. Look at the pace of the technological progress in real world. For thousands of years weapons were very weak. Swords, basically, with an occasional catapult that could hit <10 people at once. And then in a hundread years we got ourselves a tank and a fighter plane, then in just tens of years we've got ourselves Chemical weapons, then Bomber planes with bombs, and then an A-bomb, then rocketry and ICBMs, Bio-weapons. Go calc the DPS on that . Also longevity had been drastically improved in less than a century against tens of thousands of years of human history. In a game it just happens very fast so we notice it. But that's a game it is supposed to be that fast, we can't spend our lifespans for just leveling to max level.

14000 at the moment

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Well it's not that absurd really. Look at the pace of the technological progress in real world.
    Comparing real world and MMOs never ends well.