And is pre-ordering the same cost as it would be to buy the game?

If so, then i might consider it. Where best to pre-order?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    I kind of chuckled at the comparatively low number of MCOMs actually captured.
    The Squad function wasn't working, so I imagine coordinated play was very low. And those MCOMs are certainly a challenge to take without a team effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post

It´s the same cost.
    You can pre order from Origin, Amazon and some other places.
    Last edited by Torched; 2011-10-19 at 12:08 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Its the same cost.
    You can pre order from Origin, Amazon and some other places.
    I don't know if it's the same elsewhere, but if you order from Origin on the PC, you can start downloading the game on the 21st, so it's good to go on the 25th.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    The Squad function wasn't working, so I imagine coordinated play was very low. And those MCOMs are certainly a challenge to take without a team effort.
    Nonsense. I pushed for them and capped all the time. People where just too busy hiding on the island and playing Vasily Zaytsev.

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post

Of course it is. You're not going to pay any more to pre-purchase the game. Where you do so, is up to you. I'm not sure if you can pre-load to PC if you purchase from a physical retailer though. Honestly, I'm just buying it from Origin to keep things simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    ... and Bf1942/BFVietnam/BF2/BF2142/BF1943 (Wake Island)
    Fix't for you ;-)

I bet you a large sum of money that when the expac is released your server list will have an insane amount of 'Wake Island 24/7'.

I won't mind 24/7 Wake Island for a bit :P, I didn't mind 24/7 Nuketown servers for a while but got bored after a day or so. But Wake Island was an awesome map and it will be hawt in the new engine xD
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was always partial to 64m Kark IO servers.

I love omen and karkand, and then pistols and knives only on kark was tons of fun also lol

10+ Year Old Account
    my favorite was ghost town, i wasn't to much of a fan of strike at karkand.. it was too much grenade spam, lol.
    '

i think Caspian Border will be one of the most populated and popular
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2011-10-19 at 06:40 AM.

http://bf3blog.com/2011/10/ea-tries-...res-in-norway/

Why do we have to have a company such as EA in lead for awesome game like BF? :<
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Eh, it won't effect my gameplay in the slightest so it doesn't really bother me, I know I will enjoy it.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    No it isn't, the period shows that it is a separate statement, and following the progression of my post you could discern that I was providing bad press for something that I myself, and the 4 or 5 local friends that have used it alongside me, have had a lot of hassle using. I dislike Origin, especially when there is much much better out there, and Origin is an attempt by a greedy company to "force" people to buy its products through a much shoddier service - and a service that bloats our computers further.
    well, its funny cause this is why Steam will not get BF3 for now, cause Valve demands that the games they supply DLC exclusive for STEAM, forcing players to use their service instead of others cause of those DLC's.

Who is Greedy? Valve and EA are both in the business of making money from games, Origins is a one stop shop for all EA games, Valve is a one stop shop for all other games except when they cant get exclusives DLC's.

EA should not be forced by anyone to provide exclusives to other companies so those can make a profit, period.

---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by K1boRG View Post
    can someone help me out? where should I purchase preorder? AMAZON UK, GameStop or Origin? who has more features included for preorder stuff?
    i think all of them offer BF3 + first Expansion as a package, just try to see what offer a better deal, but on the end of the day you will need Origins to be installed to be able to play BF3

Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Nonsense. I pushed for them and capped all the time. People where just too busy hiding on the island and playing Vasily Zaytsev.

Of course it is. You're not going to pay any more to pre-purchase the game. Where you do so, is up to you. I'm not sure if you can pre-load to PC if you purchase from a physical retailer though. Honestly, I'm just buying it from Origin to keep things simple.
    Same, and same.

I also could cap MCOM stations with the right tactics (normally a dive for cover then flank while the ridiculous amount of people hiding behind rocks and on that island covered me).

And I also pre-ordered from Origin to keep it simple, as much as the program annoys me, and I had to pay a little more, I expect the service I receive from the source to be simple and easy.

---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    well, its funny cause this is why Steam will not get BF3 for now, cause Valve demands that the games they supply DLC exclusive for STEAM, forcing players to use their service instead of others cause of those DLC's.

Who is Greedy? Valve and EA are both in the business of making money from games, Origins is a one stop shop for all EA games, Valve is a one stop shop for all other games except when they cant get exclusives DLC's.

EA should not be forced by anyone to provide exclusives to other companies so those can make a profit, period.[COLOR="red"]

I think you have the wrong end of the stick, Crysis 2 was removed for conflicting terms with Steam - with another download service. The reason behind this, if you look further into it, is DLC. If you remember Mass Effect, the DLC had to be obtained by going to the Bioware site, making an account, buying points, getting DLC.

What Valve/Steam is trying to accomplish is ease of use for the consumer (aswell as not sending people to the competition, thats just bad manners) - basically EA wants people to go to Origin to get their DLC's for the games. Steam obviously is not going to allow this, for 2 principle reasons - that's just ridiculous, expecting their users to have to set up an account at Origin just to get their DLC's when they purchased the game in Steam - especially with EA's track record, just look it up. The EULA's in the past and even up to the present as I have posted, were scary, the systems were a buggy mess for years with barely a patch of any kind in sight and the customer service was so poor the users would have been better off just not bothering. The second reason ofc is you don't send your customers to the competition - would you accept a product in your store if it had a clause where by customers were told to go to a competing store to finish their purchase?

Steam isn't looking for exclusive DLC's, I don't know where you read that lol, Steam never ask for it. EA is asking for it. And expecting Steam to comply, unfortunately for EA, steam isnt D2D or Amazon. Steam is not small and able to be puppeteered by corporate influence, and it refused. The others stand to gain from it, as they likely agree with the terms, because they can't not agree with them. It would be a disaster for the smaller companies who operate maybe 5-10% of all the digital distribution industry, to say "no we won't accept that".
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    From the battlefield twitter "Stay tuned for brand new Battlefield 3 multiplayer footage 2 hours from now! #BF3" http://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield

edit: New MP footage showing some base jumping from Damavand Peak as well as a preview of some Back to Karkand maps
    Last edited by Byrogan; 2011-10-19 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    From the battlefield twitter "Stay tuned for brand new Battlefield 3 multiplayer footage 2 hours from now! #BF3" http://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield

edit: New MP footage showing some base jumping from Damavand Peak as well as a preview of some Back to Karkand maps
    Oh dear lord... that looks so freaking good! Guys, remember to find yourself a server with good admin presence and teamwork. It will make large objective based games so much better fun. Pre-load right around the corner and release in sight! YES!
    I'm still thinking about it...

<snip>
    I got goosebumps when I saw the carrier.

Holy crap the base jump. One more week.

destruction was downscaled and rigid in the beta. Full on for retail
    Once everything for a class is unlocked, it’s default weapon becomes available to the other faction
    Back to Karkand will be similar to Vietnam in that it will be a full expansion pack.
    And Flares will be the first unlock for jets in retail.
    Source

These are all good news to me

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account

-snip-
    Man, I want this sooooooo bad. The base jump looks epic. Just as I expected.