15+ Year Old Account
    That, though, would make them too weak.(And they don't need another build time increase, they're already 40 seconds!)

If you're wanting them to be a army unit(to go with MM, which would be cool) they need to not be a harrass unit. Which would kill off what reapers are =s.

More health, less speed, more damage vs Non-light, cost more. Slow enough Zealots can catch them eventually. It would work, yes, but it would be a complete redesign(Which, honestly, they might need)

I think that there is a way to make them useful for both some light harassment, and for small army use. I'm not suggesting they should be able to harass and make up the bulk of an army, or even a significant portion of it - more like something in between 5 and 10 at the back of a bioball. Who says units can't multitask anyway? :P
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    I disagree with your reaper change.

It's already a really strong harrass unit(Even today!), and has it's uses.

The thing is, though, it's PURELY a harrass unit. It's not meant to be in the main army. And 7 range would be kinda crazy(They could kite roaches without speed again, and Lings with speed. And be even better against Queens.)
    Somebody at blizzard said they plan on unerfing the reaper in HotS

10+ Year Old Account
    That hints to some sort of early game counter for the other races. If by "unnerf" they mean reduce build time.

has any1 played the sc universe pvp yet? aparantly its playable until the 30th

What is SC Universe? o.o Worlds of Starcraft???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s1fizik View Post
    What is SC Universe? o.o Worlds of Starcraft???
    Exactly. It's a custom game being developed in SC2 like WoW. It was called World of Starcraft originally but Blizzard said as long as they changed the name they'll let it carry on

No change to 1v1 map pool for s4. thoughts? I would have liked to have seen GSL/MLG maps and Meta back

Quote Originally Posted by Coalex View Post
    No change to 1v1 map pool for s4. thoughts? I would have liked to have seen GSL/MLG maps and Meta back
    My thoughts? Well I'm not going back to laddering, that's for sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coalex View Post
    ZvT meta was really bad :3, super Zerg fvored(Even with them losing damn near 75% of all close spawn games). Sooo, glad we don't have that.(I'm a Zerg)

But I would love some of the other maps from GSL like dual site.

ZvT meta was really bad :3, super Zerg fvored(Even with them losing damn near 75% of all close spawn games). Sooo, glad we don't have that.(I'm a Zerg)

I actually enjoy meta, even in close position(zerg player). would rather see meta then shattered temple....

10+ Year Old Account

I'd like to see Daybreak. I really like that map for some reason

HotS units leaked
    http://i.imgur.com/u0T5R.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/qZR1c.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/uAvmT.jpg

Overseer, Broodlord, Thor and Mothership have apparently been removed.

Edit: Carriers have also been removed.
    Last edited by Xacez; 2011-10-21 at 05:24 PM.

i like how zerg only get 2 units but others get 3. the next game is supposed to be the zerg one right? or are they just going to continue with Terran dominance?

WTF?

They actually remove units in between SC expansions?

Overseer - odd but okay, i can see that being removed. Same with Mothership, but THOR? WTF? Thats like one of Terran iconic 'big' units. Broodlords too?

Source please.

Edit : Looking at those... i sort of like some of them but not others.

Battle Hellion? Wtf? Transformers wut?

I don't like the look of that Warhound either. And that shredder? :S

Not happy with what they are doing with Terran! Suckage!

And removing the Thor and replacing it with a similar yet shittier unit seems... lazy.

For Toss, i don't like that Replicant. Shitty. The Oracle looks decent, but why not just update the Observer or something? Not so fond of that. The Tempest again looks like a lazy replacement for the Mothership - instead of making an interesting new unit (a decent one...) they remove an old one and replace it with something similar, and potentially shittier.

Not happy with Toss either, but better then Terran...

Not sure about the new Zerg stuff. Dissapointed that they only get two units, but those two don't look bad... removal of Brood Lord is shitty though.

Note im still taking your word for those units being removed... i still need a source.
    Last edited by Migey; 2011-10-21 at 05:30 PM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

wait actually. zerg gets 0 units. they take away 2 give us 2. this is fucking bullshit. pissed about blizzard taking a shit on zerg.

Quote Originally Posted by Xacez View Post

Overseer, Broodlord, Thor and Mothership have apparently been removed.

Edit: Carriers have also been removed.
    Source please?!

Lol wow Viper is a flying Defiler, calling it as T3 zerg. I think the only use for that "pull back" ability will be for saving Ultras since Ultras almost never survive engagements failure or not.

I suppose getting rid of Carriers and Broodlords is pretty good, but Zerg is going to need a seige unit, I'm surprised with that new Swarm Host, it's an interesting unit which will probably be Zerg's way of seiging bases without throwing resources away, but it depends on the range because they can probably get destroyed quickly if a scan drops and they just get shelled to death.

And yes the game will keep changing up until LotV.

Zerg will probably be getting Lurkers for multiplayer and if it's what they intended for SC2 release, they might be a stealth-seige unit, so that should be pretty good.

I wonder what Zerg will be getting for detectors then... maybe creep spread becomes detection as well?

Honestly I'm glad the Thor was removed and Terran were given Warhounds, big heavy units were never micro intensive units, the game looks like its going in a direction where these heavy strong slow units are being removed to allow more space for micro based units rather than 1a.

Also whoever called Battle Helion has good foresight o_O

I'm still frantically waiting on a source for removal of these units...

If you don't trust me, your own problem. I could cite a source, but I rather leave you questioning until it's officially announced.
    A few other things:
    Mass Recall have been moved to the Nexus
    New Nexus ability that provides a 'Photon Cannon' to a building for 20 seconds
    Burrowed Banelings can move
    Swarm Lord is basically a burrowed Brood Lord
    Hydralisks move faster
    New Destructible Rocks that when destroyed blocks the path from being accessed.