Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Sad, they did not mention anything about MoP PvP

They are launching a new Xpac and trying to get players excited for it and they didnt mention PvP even once. I figured by how slow or non-existant the PvP balance patches have rolled in, but this really does put the nail in the PvP coffin, imho.

I will move to GW 2, not because WoW will die or because it caters to this guy or that. WoW is a PvE game and I am a PvPr at heart.

They mentioned like three new BGs for a start - And that's just of the top of my head. I'm sure there's more info if you actually look.

"Shut up PvP guy!"
    And yup, PvE game. And the talent changes will ruin the PvP even more.
    Hi

The talent changes are going to make PvP fun again.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're not disallowing flying mounts until 90 solely so you take more time looking at the scenery -- it's so there's more world PvP as you level up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    They mentioned like three new BGs for a start - And that's just of the top of my head. I'm sure there's more info if you actually look.
    And an Arena, as-well.
    Last edited by Yotei; 2011-10-23 at 02:05 AM.

I like how they want the main focus of this expansion to be "war" but they haven't offered ANY new PvP features. BGs and arenas are just new skins to old things, they need to add -features-. In-game tournaments, etc.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I like how they want the main focus of this expansion to be "war" but they haven't offered ANY new PvP features. BGs and arenas are just new skins to old things, they need to add -features-. In-game tournaments, etc.
    The BGs they are adding aren't new skins on old things... as they haven't been in the game before, they're different concepts than any other BG. I don't know where you get this "new skins to old things" from.

But as you mean new features, they would be nice, but In-game tournaments?.. you can run your own in-game tournaments with the war-game feature. Go in to detail about this and explain how it would work differently and what not, please.
    Last edited by Yotei; 2011-10-23 at 02:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, I thought completely reworking all the classes counted as a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    "Shut up PvP guy!"
    How exactly will more variance between specs ruin PVP? I bet you're one of the EJ copy pastas and afraid you can't adapt to make your own choises.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    so 3 new bgs and a new arena is no pvp?
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Shut up PvP guy!"
    Anddd people don't know what they're quoting, whatsoever.

That was not a quote that was directed towards World of Warcraft, and is from the director of Diablo III.

It may have originated as a PvE game but that does not mean that the PvP portion should be ignored, that's the dumbest reasoning I've ever seen. But as I and many other people pointed out, PvP's not being ignored this expansion as much.

- 3 New Battlegrounds.
    - 1 New Arena.
    - No flying mounts until 90. (To promote World PvP)
    - New talent system which mixes it up in PvP in general.
    Last edited by Yotei; 2011-10-23 at 02:13 AM.

"Shut up PvP guy!"
    you whine too much, seriously you're in every other thread.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Yotei View Post

- No flying mounts until 90. (To promote World PvP)
    No flying mounts is to keep from skipping content by flying over it or making quests ten times easier cause you can fly over all the mobs and kill the boss holding the item. This has nothing to do with World PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulwarked View Post
    The talent changes are going to make PvP fun again.
    Talents will be fun but there's lack of content for PVP.

Hahahah, you still think Blizzard cares at all about pvp? You're so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    How exactly will more variance between specs ruin PVP? I bet you're one of the EJ copy pastas and afraid you can't adapt to make your own choises.
    Blizzard said themself that some of the talents look OP and what I've seen, it's quite true. Nope I don't follow EJ and I think that all the hardcore dragonslayers and theorycrafters are a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Yotei View Post
    That was not a quote that was directed towards World of Warcraft, and is from the director of Diablo III.
    Ok, that's some new stuff.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    They are launching a new Xpac and trying to get players excited for it and they didnt mention PvP even once. I figured by how slow or non-existant the PvP balance patches have rolled in, but this really does put the nail in the PvP coffin, imho.

I will move to GW 2, not because WoW will die or because it caters to this guy or that. WoW is a PvE game and I am a PvPr at heart.
    They talked about 3 new PvP battlegrounds, and about how each zone will basically have the factions clash in the centre.

They also mentioned that things would heat up between the alliance and horde as the expansion moves on. I'm hoping that means there will be more to come as far as pvp is concerned.

Deleted
    Errh 3 new bg concepts, one new arena. Also adding like 100 new pvp abilities and making talent trees based 90% around PvE. I have also heard they want arena to be a proper esport in the future.

Deleted
    I want something like Isle of Quel'danas ... Battlegrounds and such are pretty normal for a new Xpac and will get boring after a while like the cata bgs.