It worked with steam but I'm not sure on EAs policy on using a VPN so I'm not sure =\
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Quote Originally Posted by Unorthodox View Post
    Does anyone know how likely it would be to connect to a VPN on the 24th to an Asian Ip in order to ping the first launch release check with Asian time and an Asian ip. Would this be probable in getting you in on the 24th rather then waiting for the 27/28th for europe?

This is all just hypothetical in the realms of possibility.
    I was gonna use my VPN, but I cba. A few days wait is nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    Having some trouble with the preload - tried to download it yesterday but during the day it failed three times (once at 50%-ish, once at 20%-ish, can't remember the 3rd), resulting in the download starting all over instead of continuing from the same point. uh-oh...

Oh well, still 5 days to go, no rush.

10+ Year Old Account
    New trailer out.. words cannot describe how amazing it is..

I love how it's that hard to tell the difference between real and game. It's gonna be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://battlefieldo.com/forum/thread...the-24th.1107/

How to unlock the game on the 25th if you don´t live in the US.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    Hmm.. I haven't pre-ordered yet, but I am gonna do it today.

Wondering if its worth it to pay 74$ instead of 54$ (I live in Denmark) to get it on Origin and get the pre-order goodies? Seems like I won't get the pre-order stuff unless I buy it from Origin..

So the question is, is it worth it? What I mean by that is I know that Psychical Warfare will become available later for everyone, but will it be a bought DLC? If it's free later I'd rather save the 20$, but if it is a DLC you have to buy, I might as well get it now instead of wait, right?

Would just like to hear some of you guys thoughts, and what would you choose? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    http://battlefieldo.com/forum/thread...the-24th.1107/

How to unlock the game on the 25th if you don´t live in the US.
    Can you get in trouble by using that? Wouldn't want to risk my Origin-account just to get BF3 a couple of days earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Can you get in trouble by using that? Wouldn't want to risk my Origin-account just to get BF3 a couple of days earlier.
    I don't know, but I'm gonna guess and say yeah. I mean can't they detect an EU IP playing on battlelog before the 27th? If you don't wanna risk I say just wait it out, hopefully someone who knows more can clarify :|

Quote Originally Posted by Llame View Post
    Hmm.. I haven't pre-ordered yet, but I am gonna do it today.

Wondering if its worth it to pay 74$ instead of 54$ (I live in Denmark) to get it on Origin and get the pre-order goodies? Seems like I won't get the pre-order stuff unless I buy it from Origin..

So the question is, is it worth it? What I mean by that is I know that Psychical Warfare will become available later for everyone, but will it be a bought DLC? If it's free later I'd rather save the 20$, but if it is a DLC you have to buy, I might as well get it now instead of wait, right?

Would just like to hear some of you guys thoughts, and what would you choose? Thanks
    If you preorder from gamestop you get the game for 299DKK for PC and you get both Psysical Warfare Pack and Back to Karland as I read it.
    http://www.gamestop.dk/game.asp?id=827

Only thing you miss is preload and some (who cares) BF-play4free items, but they sell it at midnight the 26-27th.

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    I don't know, but I'm gonna guess and say yeah. I mean can't they detect an EU IP playing on battlelog before the 27th? If you don't wanna risk I say just wait it out, hopefully someone who knows more can clarify :|
    Yeah, I think I'll pass and wait those extra days.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashbomba View Post
    If you preorder from gamestop you get the game for 299DKK for PC and you get both Psysical Warfare Pack and Back to Karland as I read it.
    http://www.gamestop.dk/game.asp?id=827

Only thing you miss is preload and some (who cares) BF-play4free items, but they sell it at midnight the 26-27th.
    As far as I've seen the "Physical Warfare Pack" is like 3 items in game that basically do nothing. One I'm pretty sure is a shotgun, but, still... One-shot kill or 3-shot kill? Unless your accuracy is really bad I suppose.

Still super hyped for this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    As far as I've seen the "Physical Warfare Pack" is like 3 items in game that basically do nothing. One I'm pretty sure is a shotgun, but, still... One-shot kill or 3-shot kill? Unless your accuracy is really bad I suppose.

Still super hyped for this game.
    The weapons you get from the LE pack are better then the default weapons but once you unlock more weapons you won't need them, they're pretty much to give you a one-up on launch and give you a good boost.

Amazon has the Battlefield 3 Soundtrack up. The Soundtrack won’t be released until October 24th. But for now you can listen to the samples to get an idea of it.

Battlefield 3 Soundtrack on Amazon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeryx View Post
    Amazon has the Battlefield 3 Soundtrack up. The Soundtrack won’t be released until October 24th. But for now you can listen to the samples to get an idea of it.

Battlefield 3 Soundtrack on Amazon
    Sounds Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    The unlocks are these 4:

They say "exclusive", but I'm pretty sure you can unlock all through natural progression-unlocks in the game - the exclusive part is that you have them from day-1.

But yeah - still super hyped. :-)

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    iirc only the flash suppressor and the flechette ammo are unlockable through progression, the 88lmg and dao-12 are exclusive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    iirc only the flash suppressor and the flechette ammo are unlockable through progression, the 88lmg and dao-12 are exclusive
    Wouldn't they be released to all some time after launch, like a month or so?

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Wouldn't they be released to all some time after launch, like a month or so?
    I'm pretty sure they said something like that.

The dao 12 is unlockable for everyone but they get it day 1, the other 3 will be released to everyone after a certain amount of time but until then are exclusive to people with the warfare pack