Deleted

Pandaren starting zone was playable at blizzcon and nobody filmed it?

...Why ? They filmed Worgen and Goblin prewievs...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    ...Why ? They filmed Worgen and Goblin prewievs...
    Filming wasn't allowed. Blizzard had staff watching over the demo PC's to make sure no one did.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kat Hunter mentioned something about blizzard getting pissy about it and that they werent allowed to show footage... but i do hope some sneaky blighter has recorded it. Just give them some time to get home, rest/sleep, then upload footage. I guess.

Deleted
    Hm, strange. Dont they try to show us what it looks like instead of veil it only for the eyes of the chosen few (who have paied a substantial sum of money)?

/tinfoilhaton

Maybe they're trying to hide how bad it actually is.

/tinfoilhatoff

Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    /tinfoilhaton

/tinfoilhatoff
    That's the feel I'm getting as well.

Nah, they're just hiding it because they don't wanna spoil the amazing giant zone for everyone.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    WOW its that bad no amount of drugs can prepare me for the awful kung fu panda and shitty discworld referencing.

World of Warcraft because constant pop culture referencing is fun...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveeRoo View Post
    WOW its that bad no amount of drugs can prepare me for the awful kung fu panda and shitty discworld referencing.

So much ignorance.....................

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelyor View Post
    So much ignorance.....................
    I actually do hope that the starting zone for the Pandaren isn't another Kezan/Uldum revisited. One or two tiny references the whole time is fine as long as they don't go all Harrison Jones.
    ..That said, I do hope that they give Pandaren just one /silly referencing Kung Fu Panda to annoy the MoP doomsayers.

From what reviews I have seen, the Pandaren starting zone is not heavy on pop culture references at all. Instead it seems to be focused mainly on introducing the story and culture of the Wandering Isle Pandaren. Later on it deals with why they took sides in the Horde/Alliance conflict.

In other words, it's exactly what a starting zone needs to be.

In general, hopefully Blizzard has learned it's lesson from Uldum and will avoid such long-lasting parodies. The Lore QA indicated that while the Pandaren are more lighthearted then your typical race, they have a very serious story behind them. Even their lightheartedness has a serious explanation, conflict on Pandaria causes Sha to manifest, which is very bad for both sides of the conflict. A race that's lived with that for thousands of years would naturally seek to minimize conflict whenever possible and adopt life philosophies that help in that area.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

http://kotaku.com/5852427/one-hour-i...-pandaren-monk

This is about as close as you're going to get for now.

Deleted
    This time they wanted to have more players un-informed about the game so we get more curious ;-) So they weren't allowed to film, too bad. That makes me a sad panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Raferis View Post
    I actually do hope that the starting zone for the Pandaren isn't another Kezan/Uldum revisited. One or two tiny references the whole time is fine as long as they don't go all Harrison Jones.
    ..That said, I do hope that they give Pandaren just one /silly referencing Kung Fu Panda to annoy the MoP doomsayers.
    I agree here. The occasional reference isn't a bad thing and is great for the occasional chuckle, it only becomes a problem when blatant parodies start supplanting more serious and original characters in the lore.

In other words, I look forward to the one quest where you help out a completely incompetent Pandaren Monk called Po Black kill a tough Snow Leopard. It will be absolutely hilarious.

I do not look forward to an entire zone where the incompetent Pandaren Monk Po Black is the main protagonist and the entire questline is one chain of Kung Fu Panda references. It will also be hilarious, until I realize it's now an important part of Pandaren lore and cringe.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

what discworld referencing, do you mean the turtle? that is the weakest reference ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmos always hide Alpha/Beta footage until they are ready to show it. If someone did secretly film it and put it on Youtube it would be quickly taken off and his/her Youtube account would most likely be terminated.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

Someone did film it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vwu1QHClbJE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    First thing that sprung to my mind also