Deleted

Dumb Beta question...

Sorry for the dumb question but..

How would one go about getting access to beta?

10+ Year Old Account
    No one knows yet. It should be pretty easy to find out when they announced a date for the beta to start.

Keep an eye out, beta should start next month most likely.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Many thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    And anything offering you beta access is a phishing scam.

None yet i heard mid November early December but no news yet, if you want to get in best bet is to just make loads off accounts on website and spam beta sign ups thats the plan for me haha

Deleted
    And it's still going to be a closed beta-test, not an open one. In other words there's a very miniscule chance you'll get in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie View Post
    And it's still going to be a closed beta-test, not an open one. In other words there's a very miniscule chance you'll get in.
    I'll keep reaching for that rainbow!

I haven't heard any news, but I will definitely be keeping an eye out I've participated in many betas in the past and really would love to test GW2 as I'm more hyped for this game than I have been for any other MMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie View Post
    Just to quote the FAQ from GW2 site:

"When will there be a beta?

We will be conducting small closed alpha and beta tests in 2011. The feedback from these tests will determine when we will do public beta tests and ship the game. Guild Wars 2 is a very large and ambitious game, and Guild Wars players rightfully have very high expectations. We want players to be absolutely blown away by the game the first time they experience it."

So sounds to me like there will be an open beta.

Coming this November, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Just to quote the FAQ from GW2 site:

"When will there be a beta?

We will be conducting small closed alpha and beta tests in 2011. The feedback from these tests will determine when we will do public beta tests and ship the game. Guild Wars 2 is a very large and ambitious game, and Guild Wars players rightfully have very high expectations. We want players to be absolutely blown away by the game the first time they experience it."

So sounds to me like there will be an open beta.
    There will be but not until after the closed beta, the closed will probably last 1-3 months while the open being a 1-2 weeks long AT MOST, probably right before the release date.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balfire View Post
    There will be but not until after the closed beta, the closed will probably last 1-3 months while the open being a 1-2 weeks long AT MOST, probably right before the release date.
    Well I just posted that because the post I replied to made it seem like there wouldn't be an open beta at all. So *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    they might do a preview event where everyone who has preordered gets access to play for a weekend before its released (pure speculation based off the past)
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    There Open beta will probably be some sort of weekend event, Like someone above me said. Probably for pre orders.
    Last time they had an open beta (GW1) it lasted roughly a week or two. This is their stress-test phase, so that's about the right amount of time for testing there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta should start this year So keep an eye out!

God I REALLY hope I get into beta. I have signed up to be in SOOOOOO many betas and never ONCE got selected to be in any beta ever. I really hope I get into GW2 beta. If I get the email that says I made it into beta, I will most likely just start jerking off.

They mentioned they will be pretty selective for their closed beta. There is a chance for an open beta but if there were to be one it would be a short "preview" type of beta (which most open betas are nowadays anyway).