Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Is it weird that I knew what this topic was about from the title alone?

Sick minds think alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangelion View Post
    Actually that's incorrect. The first tier is Psychic Scream or Psyfiend. Psychic Horror is a separate ability, Horror is the one that makes you fear in place for 3 seconds and disarms for 10 seconds. Scream makes you run in fear for 8 seconds (unless glyphed in which case you stay in place as well.)
    Derp... that's what I get for reading forums first thing in the morning and not drinking coffee first. In that case... we have no idea about Psychic Horror either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Derp... that's what I get for reading forums first thing in the morning and not drinking coffee first. In that case... we have no idea about Psychic Horror either.
    Haha no worries, i do think it'll be interesting to see how that turns out with Horror. I had gotten used to all priests having scream as well so it'll be odd not knowing if a priest has tendrils or fiend or scream, definitely gonna be interesting.

Edit: I just realized i corrected a Moderator... do i get a cookie?

Deleted
    The wording of void tendrils talent makes me wonder if it effects ALL targets, friendly or enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by sickopath View Post
    The wording of void tendrils talent makes me wonder if it effects ALL targets, friendly or enemy.
    Doubtful.

The killable thing bugs me, but I note that there's no limiter noted for your damage on them with this type of root (or did they just neglect to mention it?). If so, I'd assume that's the trade off.. I can't help but assume people will be ignoring it and taking Psychic Scream in the long run, even if people take it for fun while leveling. Psyfiend? I'm on the fence. I see the point but I have issue with the cooldown and that it seems to be random even if it has a preferred target. When it comes to crowd control, I think people will agree with me, certainty of what you're doing and what that will effect is a key decider.

Basically, I appreciate the choice, but Psychic Scream just seems like the better choice still.

VdT, I think, will not be classified as a "root" in a traditional sense, meaning "break root/snare/etc" abilities will not work on it, the balance is, of course, that you can kill your way out of em.

That's how I hope they do it. If you can kill your way out AND pop your "break root/snare/etc" abilities on em, then bleh. I'll take psyfiend for PvP... finally a fear you can drop that isn't perpetually countered by warriors.

But I can also see, for PvP, how good ole PS will be that steadfast, know exactly what you're gonna get, stick-to-your-ribs, home cookin' choice.

Psychic Scream has been bashed a lot over the years where PvP is concerned. For myself, I know its flaws, but none of them have ever prevented success from being possible, especially with our other tools to back it up.

I'd be surprised to hear normal root breaks would fail against the new root. I'd be surprised, but happily so. Still surprised.

15+ Year Old Account
    IF this talent stays I´d assume its going to be similar to totems so they wont be able to be harmed by aoe effects and has to be single targeted away. But seeing as its a t1 / t0 talent I also wouldn´t expect it to have loads of hp its more an annoyance effect.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.