Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I am actualy very happy about this change, hated the fact that the only 1h weapons for a spriest in Fl were a bad itemized rnd drop dagger and a spirit mace every healing class would kick you in the nuts for rolling on ...

Ya dat shit was useless was just dead weight that was hard as balls to replace

I love wands, and I really like that they are making wands a 1h weapon now. Since Burning Crusade, wands have been kinda worthless and no different than a ring. You rarely see them, and they're hardly ever used. Now we get a chance to at least see them all the time, and since they will be 1h, use them far more often since they will be linked to auto-attack.

I doubt they will just out-right stop making caster staffs/maces/daggers/swords. I see this more of Blizzard's way of giving us more diversity now with our main hand choices and making wands usable again instead of just being one more piece of equipment that's just forgotten once you equip it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Thread Title is somewhat misleading. They aren't "killing" wands, they're making it much better. Saying wands are dead is like saying rogues and warriors don't have a ranged attack anymore, they do, it's just going to be their main hand weapon instead.

Edit: Thanks for the title change, didn't mean to sound like a complainer but i actually was thrown off when i first read it.
    Last edited by Archangelion; 2011-10-24 at 02:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I changed the title of the thread. Every time I saw it, I wanted to come in here and say "BUT YOU'RE WRONG!". It's fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kynrae View Post
    Well for one handers, priests had less than other casters did they not?
    One-handed caster weapons, by class:

Priest - 1H Mace, Dagger
    Mage/Warlock - 1H Sword, Dagger
    Druid - 1H Mace, Dagger, Fist Weapon (which last happened when?)
    Shaman - 1H Mace, 1H Axe, Dagger, Fist Weapon
    Paladin - 1H Sword, 1H Mace, 1H Axe

So yeah, this is why Maces tend to be the healer weapon, and Daggers tend to be the DPS 1H Caster Weapon - Diversity amongst classes which can use it, less bloat in loot tables. Sadly, also less design in weapon styles.

Priests got the same weapon count that other clothies do. Which makes sense. Clothies don't tend to practice with many martial weapon styles. The others are higher up in armor types, have specs that utilize different weapons, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I changed the title of the thread. Every time I saw it, I wanted to come in here and say "BUT YOU'RE WRONG!". It's fine now.
    "You're wrong! You lose! Good day sir! ...I SAID GOOD DAY!!!"

Deleted
    I am so happy i might throw a party since i never have to worry about relics again.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    Nah, wands will be "main hand" weapons.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ranged slot for all other characters are gone.
    [...]
    Wands become main hand weapons
    So instead of Mace/Offhand/Wand, Daggar/Offhand/Wand, or Staff/Wand... it's Wand/Offhand, Daggar/Offhand, Mace/Offhand, or Staff.

Though DW wands would be pretty sweet.

Like so?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Gosh dang it... this is like the third idea someone has come up with today that I am now going to be sad about because it is never going to happen

Duel wielding wands would be entertaining though

I'm curious if the Wands will remain ranged and what role they'll fill. Daggers tended to be offensive and Maces supportive, while a Staff could be either. My gut says there will be offensive and supportive wands. Having a Ranged main weapon would be an interesting extra option. Maybe they'll put more visual effort into wands now, at the very least. Seeing a wand on people's hips will be new too I guess.

More importantly, how the hell am I supposed to transmog my weapons if I'm using a stupid wand!?
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    I'm curious if the Wands will remain ranged and what role they'll fill. Daggers tended to be offensive and Maces supportive, while a Staff could be either. My gut says there will be offensive and supportive wands. Having a Ranged main weapon would be an interesting extra option. Maybe they'll put more visual effort into wands now, at the very least. Seeing a wand on people's hips will be new too I guess.
    My guess is wands will be ranged, considering that all standard ranged weapons [bow/cbow/gun] will now be main hand as well.

The real question is if they'll auto attack like the old wands [ie must be stationary and takes a global to activate & cancels when casting], or like a melee weapon [can have auto attacked queued while you're casting and will activate on the move].

Quote Originally Posted by kneeo View Post
    More importantly, how the hell am I supposed to transmog my weapons if I'm using a stupid wand!?
    Into other wands? Just like how you mog a sword into a sword, or a staff into a staff.

My guess is wands will be ranged, considering that all standard ranged weapons [bow/cbow/gun] will now be main hand as well.

The real question is if they'll auto attack like the old wands [ie must be stationary and takes a global to activate], or like a melee weapon [can have auto attacked queued while your casting and will activate on the move].

Into other wands? Just like how you mog a sword into a sword, or a staff into a staff.
    Well that was an overly simple answer that I completely in every which way overlooked!
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

10+ Year Old Account

This is the sad part, seeing as many of us have banks full of everything BUT wands >.<

Hmmmmmm i dont know guys. Did anyone else take this as an excuse to stop making new weapon models? don't get me wrong, unlike a few others, i like blizzard and what they have brought to the table..but watching metzen at blizzcon was weird. he seemed totally out of it.

I'm good with it, especially considering our raid has had 1 (ONE) firestone drop all of Cata, I'll never get to upgrade the stupid thing anyways.
    Cyner#1996

Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    This is the sad part, seeing as many of us have banks full of everything BUT wands >.<
    If this was the Burning Crusade, Illidan would have a huge grin on his face upon reading your post, ready to spout his BC catch phrase.

Deleted
    there's a lot of cool wands out there to trans! i for one am happy with this change

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    there's a lot of cool wands out there to trans! i for one am happy with this change
    My fav was my old BC wand, and I got rid of it.

We hardly ever saw them, so it always felt useless to keep wands around back then since the trans change was nowhere in sight. Not like a robe that I could still wear around town, just to prove my eternal point that they'll never take my Tier 6 or Season 3 away from me. So nice I wore it twice in different colors.