Thread: GW2 and GW1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I played the Trial version of GW1 and really hated it..I know I will love GW2 though, so until it comes out, WoW it is..I guess -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    GW1 is a very different beast compared to what GW2 is going to be. GW1 feels like Diablo with a 3d chat room. That's a blunt description, and GW2 is going to be nothing like it. That's not to say GW1 is a bad game, because it isn't I love GW1 a lot, but I know it's an acquired taste of a game. It's one of those games that you either really like, or really despise.

Come to think of it, the only thing that's the same going into GW2 from GW1 is lore and subject matter, and even that is very different (250 years from the events in GW1)
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Come to think of it, the only thing that's the same going into GW2 from GW1 is lore and subject matter, and even that is very different (250 years from the events in GW1)
    skill bars: not having access to every single skill
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    skill bars: not having access to every single skill
    Even that is different from the original GW1, in GW1 you chose 8 skills. Those skills never changed unless you went to a town or safezone to change them, and even then you rarely did if you had your build figured out.

In GW2 however you practically have 15 (25 if you're an elementalist) + some class specific skills outside of that (Thief steal and Guardian Virtues) from what I've seen it feels very different from GW1 in that respect and is way more versatile. But I guess that system is recognizable compared to GW1.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Even that is different from the original GW1, in GW1 you chose 8 skills. Those skills never changed unless you went to a town or safezone to change them, and even then you rarely did if you had your build figured out.

In GW2 however you practically have 15 (25 if you're an elementalist) + some class specific skills outside of that (Thief steal and Guardian Virtues) from what I've seen it feels very different from GW1 in that respect and is way more versatile. But I guess that system is recognizable compared to GW1.
    in combat i meant yea you arnet locked in until an outpost but the same concept, you dont have access to everything at a moment's notice like in other MMOs
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

I have been playing GW for five years, and highly recommend it. The game is very different from WoW - a limited amount of skills means higher creativity, in my opinion, and it offers a lot in the way for GW2.

Feel free to check it out though. I have a twisted idea of fun.