Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    never seen this before,
    tho once i topped dmg meter with my 84 hunter, dono if the others was afked or what O_o and i think one time i afked in the start off a headless on my rogue, sorry for that if they read this =O

I haven't seen the Tank in DPS gear refusing to Tank yet but I've heard it a lot, kinda like an urban legend.

The thing I've seen recently is people deliberately sabotaging ZA timed runs. Last night I got in to a ZA that didn't have a single trash pack pulled and yet there was no timer. The person who queued for LFG to pull us all in there went Offline as soon as we all joined the group. Other times Tank starts the timed run, tanks the first couple of trash mobs then AFK's or simply leaves the group.

Deleted
    I've had a few of these encounters as well. I was in ZA on my paladin healer and the group did okay, considering the tank wasn't that great and kept chainpulling, leaving me struggling to get mana most of the time. Somehow we still got past. Right at the boss before the last one he decided to skip some mobs and of course people managed to pull them. Two DPS left so we queue for more. A DK and a mage zone in. The DK goes immediately "OMG NOT DOIN THIS. KICK ME.". The rest of us said "If you don't want to do this, leave" while he just was AFK for the whole boss fight, waiting to be kicked. After the boss he just went offline and expected to be kicked because of it..

I've also noticed the same thing in HH lately. People actually MOVE from the spawn point and after that they just won't do anything. I haven't had to manage with 2 or even 3 yet, so I guess I'm lucky. It's still annoying as hell when people expect to be given freerides like this or that they just generally behave like idiots when they don't want to do something and don't want a little debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    The thing I've seen recently is people deliberately sabotaging ZA timed runs. Last night I got in to a ZA that didn't have a single trash pack pulled and yet there was no timer. The person who queued for LFG to pull us all in there went Offline as soon as we all joined the group. Other times Tank starts the timed run, tanks the first couple of trash mobs then AFK's or simply leaves the group.
    ^ --- this has also happened to me quite a few times lately. The tank goes and pulls the first trash pack, kills them (or in some cases just expects the DPS to do it) and leaves right after that. I don't get it why some people are being such idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbison View Post
    TS you playing on eu or us? Personally playing on eu-servers I've never came across such idiocy that you describe.
    Ditto here.
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

I havent really noticed it in Heroics etc....but it is common with Brewfest boss or HH now. Every morning I try to quickly kill him on 5 chars before work, and in many kills there is someone who joins and then goes afk(or watches at the screen while having breakfast?) to then click on the loot and leave...

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Maybe it is not a new trend, but at least I haven't noticed it earlier.

For about a month now I have been playing on Outland-EU server, not sure which battlegroup is that but I am experiencing unexpected difficulties when doing random heroics and Hallow's end boss runs.
    Examples:

- HC ZG, group zones in, tank is in dps gear and dps spec and is refusing to tank, saying that "someone pls leave so that we can get a tank". Can't kick, cant progress in the dungeon, everyone leaves. Happened 4 times already, a dk/druid/pally dps joins as tank and is refusing to leave or tank.

- HC ZG again, different group, tank zones in, says "lol zg, I'm not going that", doesn't leave, just stands there afk till everyone leaves.

- Headless horseman, this one is the worse. I play a healer and yes, I know that even a cardboard assasin can tank that boss and even a kitty druid can heal it, but often the WHOLE group goes afk. When Hallow's end just started, we used to get one or two people going afk - putting a dot or two on the boss and then doing nothing for the rest of the time, or tanks, starting the even and not doing anything - its obvious that they arent stuck at the loading screen how they are claiming to be if they run to the pumpkin and start the event. Today me (disc priest) and a lvl 84 mage had to two man the boss, then got a snarky comment from the tank who was afk all the fight (just as other 2 dps players who were from the same guild) "lol nabs, took you long enough". Well yes, it takes quite a while to do it if you two man it with a healer and a lvl 84, at least as a disc I can do some dps. However, I am not as lucky on my holy paladin, tank started the event and went afk along with all 3 dps, leaving only me to fight the boss. As a holy paladin I cant really do that much dps -.-

Is it the same on other battlegroups? People joining dungeons only to go afk?
    This has never happened to me (except for some1 DCing at the load screen in a random dung).
    Same realm + region so you can always ask me, I enjoy people who care/play normally.
    dk: Bildir
    priest: Overrture
    I'm mostly online at 18:30+, if you whisper me your'e from the mmo-champ thread ill know it's you .
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.