Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    First of all, you're a great artist and have much, MUCH, more knowledge than I on the subject.

I would be totally fine and enjoy the site of the female Pandaren if they were to look as you stated. I doubt I would play one, but they don't look bad overall.

Just for the sake of counter-argument, not all of the races follow that model exactly from the untrained eye. Or maybe because they make some of them hunched over it allows them to share the same height. I'm pretty sure that Orc and Draenei don't share the same height and head sizes, though don't hold me to that since I've never actually broke out the pixel measure tool. Of course their measurements are still based off the "head" sizes that you talked about, just with different measurements. It would be nice to see the gender differences for more than just the Dwarf, Blood Elf, and sketched Pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by neoscorpio View Post
    Awesome job. Now how about a female Pandaren with some clothes on?
    I saw this post earlier today: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-hire-this-guy, who in turn posted the following:

It's slightly different than the OP's suggested frame (this one's a bit more bottom heavy), but still pretty close if you want a visual with clothes. :P

It does make me sad that 30% (or 227 people) actually clicked the box for "make them thin and sexy" in the poll on that page.

While I agree that the OP did an awesome job with his post, and I agree that the "bigger" Female Panda could be done well, I do prefer the image Alewe posted to the OP's original sketch.

Alewe's image keeps the aspect of the Pandaren being a large species (like the Tauren or the Draenei), without making them appear "fat."
    It also creates a female model that is still beautiful and attractive within that framework.

All I'm going to hope for, really, is that Blizzard doesn't go the same route they did with Worgen and create a beautiful, then mar it horribly just before beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely stunning. I'm quite sure that anyone asking for thin and slender pandas after reading this through is a person who... disagrees with me. Very nice work, and I have to say that the last sketch of the female panda did accomplish two things which I think is important for the pandaren females. One, she looks female. It's not just a thinner version of the male, but she has some feminine curves. The second one is that she doesn't look like a supermodel with fur, it looks believeable to some degree.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the pic on where that Pandaren female looks from the red with the outlines on it.
    If Blizz made it look like that I would be a happy man.

Quote Originally Posted by frownface2000 View Post
    While I agree that the OP did an awesome job with his post, and I agree that the "bigger" Female Panda could be done well, I do prefer the image Alewe posted to the OP's original sketch.

Alewe's image keeps the aspect of the Pandaren being a large species (like the Tauren or the Draenei), without making them appear "fat."
    It also creates a female model that is still beautiful and attractive within that framework.

All I'm going to hope for, really, is that Blizzard doesn't go the same route they did with Worgen and create a beautiful, then mar it horribly just before beta.
    People keep coming back to that, implying that being full-figured is unattractive. Obese, yes, that is indeed unattractive, but although ample in their measurements, none of these females could be considered "fat" for their relative body proportions.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

I'd rather have them like they're depicted in that Samwise Didier art. I haven't got the pic to link but I'm sure it either already has been linked or will be soon.

I won't be playing a Pandaren fem anyway but meh, that's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    People keep coming back to that, implying that being full-figured is unattractive. Obese, yes, that is indeed unattractive, but although ample in their measurements, none of these females could be considered "fat" for their relative body proportions.
    To some, myself included, being fat is indeed unattractive. It's a silly argument though, because they should fit their race's proportions, not what the playerbase thinks is most attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tara Jenkins View Post
    Warcraft has always done this. There is no race where the body type is vastly different by sex.
    While I agree with everything you've said, and more to the point, love your concept for the physique of Pandaren females, I would direct your attention to Draenei with respect to the quotation above; they can appear almost as different species at times.

Deleted
    This was posted in the page with the poll, i'm not sure who's work it is but this IS perfection, very very very close to what's been suggested above.

From the filename by "mahadosknight"

Keep this momentum going, we TOTALLY need the females to look like this.

It look's a little closer (SLIGHTLY less bottom heavy) to the "naked" sketch on the previous page. Something in this sort of region though.

I quite like the face in this one too, it's not far again from the above but the jaw is a little less angular and she has a smaller chin. She basically looks VERY pretty but carrying a few pounds extra which totally matches where it should go.
    Last edited by mmoc4fd64f6c8d; 2011-10-25 at 08:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is utterly amazing. very nice job on this. if they dont make the female remotely close to how you outlined it....id be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    To some, myself included, being fat is indeed unattractive. It's a silly argument though, because they should fit their race's proportions, not what the playerbase thinks is most attractive.
    I agree - which makes all the outcry for "slender" and "sexy" and whatnot from certain individuals in the minority all the more ridiculous. Such descriptions don't fit the race's proportions at all.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by columbusjones View Post
    It does make me sad that 30% (or 227 people) actually clicked the box for "make them thin and sexy" in the poll on that page.
    Does make me sad too. I'd like more races that don't look skimpy like belf or Draenei.

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. I did not think too deeply about that, but I certainly agree that female Pandaren should be like female Dwarves. Just a bit slimmer than the males.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    Beautiful image, Imamage. That's exactly how I'd like Pandaren females to look. =)
    Last edited by Rinoa; 2011-10-25 at 08:23 PM.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    I don't believe she'd be 230lbs to his 250lbs. I took into account the halfway point on the weights. The middle between 200 and 300 is 250. The middle between 160 and 240 is 200-201. It's not ridiculous to be doing the math. There is no matter how you slice it on the weight chart, a 40-60lb weight difference in their chart. Your example would be pitting a middle ground pandaren male with an almost heaviest female, not a female that is also a middle ground one.
    I don't think you understand how weight works. You are vastly overestimating the weight of that female, and vastly underestimating the difference between the two. Judging by her arms, legs, and stomach, and the fact that my last girlfriend weighed 200 pounds and was 5"6', and I knew her body intimately, that's DEFINITELY a 200 pound woman.

She is clearly 60-80 pounds lighter than the male.

Wait a second... I could have sworn this EXACT same kind of post was made back when people were wondering what female Worgen should look like. It's interesting to see it happen again. I forget what the result of the Worgen thread was, though.

Quote Originally Posted by columbusjones View Post
    I saw this post earlier today: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-hire-this-guy, who in turn posted the following:

[IMG]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/295/a/7/pandaren_female_consept_by_smirgow-d4dlccg.jpg[IMG]
    It's slightly different than the OP's suggested frame (this one's a bit more bottom heavy), but still pretty close if you want a visual with clothes. :P
    The difference between the two is apple and pear. I thought I had a preference for pear panda, but now that I've seen the Tara Jenkin's apple panda, I'm leaning towards the apple. Women place weight on their body in two different ways; men are always apples, but only some women are apples. One of the reasons I was initially leaning towards pear was because I thought it would help more clearly define the difference between males and females for the people who think the sexual dimorphism is a must.

Pear = Weight goes primarily to the hips, thighs, and butt
    Apple = Weight is fairly evenly distributed around the body, centered on the stomach.
    Last edited by Karilyn; 2011-10-25 at 08:23 PM.

Deleted
    Very nice concepts.
    I'm liking the more bulky female. A thin Pandaren just doesn't fit.