Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question A question to healers

What AC will you choose as your main?

1. Jedi Consular->Sage->Seer/Sith Inquisitor->Sorcerer->Corruption,
    2. Smuggler->Scoundrel->Sawbones/Imperial Agent->Operative->Medic,
    or
    3. Trooper->Commando->Combat Medic/Bounty Hunter->Mercenary-> Bodyguard?

I'll go for a Jedi Seer (1).

I'm especially curious if there will be many trooper/bh healers running around.

//If you are not going to ever roll a healer yourself, please don't post in this thread.

I hope that healers are balanced. I was a H Pally in WoW and I'd love to pick up on healing again; rolling Commando in TOR.

I think JCs and SIs are going to be the most common healers though. And, word through the grape vine... nevermind, I'd probably just get snipped :X
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I am also planning to go the JC Sage/Seer path.

The JC/SI healer will be the most common because the class is extremely attractive and are force users.

BH/Trooper and Smugg/Agent healing are going to be different from a resource standpoint, some will like and some won't.

When the NDA drops (if it does) I will go into more depth and we can discuss.

Deleted
    From what i saw, the smugglers/agents energy system runs really well with healing bcc its a never ending recource. But to be fair, i havent seen any vids of how the resource of the inquisitor/consular turns out and how the heat system of the BH feels with healing. I for one wil end up tanking with a juggernaut oder dps'ing with an agent.

Its not a never ending resource, they are different types Force,Energy, Heat but still deplete and regen similarly.

Deleted
    In the Taral V walkthrough video the scoundrels energy seemed to regenerate farily quick making it an endless resource. As i said i can't say anything about the other healers. High energycosts for group heals and instants could make healing with a smuggler/agent really interesting. But i'm not in beta so i can't tell and everything i say is pure speculation And if i would be in i could'nt tell you either

See sig

I might also try out BH healing, since there is speculation that they are more about burst healing vs SI mitigation healing
    Last edited by Zarasthura; 2011-10-25 at 04:15 PM.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

I played Holy Paladin for almost the entirety of wotlk, but switched to playing warrior tank after that (and before that). I'm going to go shadow tank / dps in swtor, but if I get bored and feel like healing, I'm going to level up a trooper for it. Heat sounds like an interesting mechanism and trying something unconventional is more fun than going consular like most others.

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

I plan on playing each class eventually and decided I wanted to try every kind of role. But to answer your question, my Republic healer will be a JC Sage and my Imperial healer is going to be the IA Medic.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't have beta so I haven't played, but after everything I've read and looked at I'm leaning towards BH (Merc/Bodyguard), which appears (to me at least) to be similar to Paladin/Disc Priest.

SI (Sorc/Corruption) is probably a close second; they seem to be similar to Druid in that they have hots and a in-combat rez.

IA (Operative/Medic) has some things to like, just not sure I'm a fan of the whole "cover" deal and launching robots at your friends to heal them.

Since my knowledge is somewhat limited, things will probably wind up differently than I imagine. The best bet is probably to play all three and decide from there, which I'll probably do eventually, but initially deciding (while not falling behind) might be the hard part.

I will be playing a Corruption specced Sith Inquisitor.

Do any of the classes have aoe heals? (ie druid's wildgrowth, efflorescence, tranquility)

Torn between IA or SI, waiting for the NDA to drop so I can find out more about those two classes.
    Last edited by Kaninchen; 2011-10-26 at 07:57 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imperial Agent->Operative->Medic

mainly because I think it will be one of the more rare healers. I enjoy the look and feel of the class so far as well. I am also going to try SI healing as well but we'll see. Whichever one I enjoy most will win out at the end. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaninchen View Post
    Do any of the classes have aoe heals? (ie druid's wildgrowth, efflorescence, tranquility)
    I'm sure if one does that the others will in some form or another. I mean if you check the vid they put up of the first boss in the Eternity Vault they were soaking up tons of AE damage and were keeping people up (at least the first time), that right there shows me that there's most likely aoe heals.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

I am rolling a BH Body Guard Spec. My plan was to start with an IA healer but I have read they use a lot of hots similar to druid healing, and that was one of my least favorite classes to heal with in WoW. I also like the fact that they use heavy armor, which will help in pvp

I'm going commando trooper for sure and though I will be mainly dps, I'll respec to try out healing every so often, maybe I'll love it.
    I used to enjoy healing on my priest and Shaman so I know its possible to enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Elyoric View Post
    Don't have beta so I haven't played, but after everything I've read and looked at I'm leaning towards BH (Merc/Bodyguard), which appears (to me at least) to be similar to Paladin/Disc Priest.

SI (Sorc/Corruption) is probably a close second; they seem to be similar to Druid in that they have hots and a in-combat rez.

IA (Operative/Medic) has some things to like, just not sure I'm a fan of the whole "cover" deal and launching robots at your friends to heal them.

Since my knowledge is somewhat limited, things will probably wind up differently than I imagine. The best bet is probably to play all three and decide from there, which I'll probably do eventually, but initially deciding (while not falling behind) might be the hard part.
    Well, as far as I understand, JC/SI is somewhat close to a disc/holy priest from wow, not a druid, Smuggler/IA resembles a resto druid, and for a Trooper/BH healer there is almost no info.. might be like a holy paladin (also wearing heavy armor), or something completely new.

SIC I'm not breaking NDA because info on some abilities is available from videos and interviews and is summarized in sticky threads on the official class forums.

Quote Originally Posted by tripplebooya View Post
    I'm going commando
    This will never stop being old.

From all apparent account, energy will be an interesting mechanic for healing, which at first might throw people off, but once you get it down, I am sure it will be fun.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going BH Bodygaurd first...jumping right into the unknown (at least it seems to have the least info of the healers atm)

I was a shaman healer since they launched in WoW...stuck to it through good times and bad (are there good times outside pvp for shammys?...anyway thats besides the point) and I also liked HPally so should be interesting to see the style of the BH Bodygaurd.

I just hope questing isnt bad as a healer? Any opinions on that?