Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Ok I'm hoping someone will be willing to help shed some light and relieve my worries on this game. I'm excited for this game, but I hear there will be no raiding like most traditional MMOs have. So I ask, what will the main meat be for a "hardcore" MMOer like me who focused much of his gametime around raiding? Besides the obvious pvp, questing, story, and regular dungeons, where's the main course? Thanks.
    Elite lvl 80 De content, and dgn.

If you seen the lvl 40 dragon boss content, imagine fighting the lvl 80 one.
    In which a Dev have said this dragon compare to the lvl 80 elder dragons is a mouse compare to a lion.

These elder dragons you will have hundreds of other players with you when fighting them, the fight will be massive.

Then their the heavily De dgns, where every time you go through it a new experience.

So yes no Raids, however they replace them with other things.

Plus who knows, their most likely a ton of other content that their still hiding from us.

After all they have not shown any thing past like lvl 50.

So who knows all the wonders their is at lvl 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EsLightning View Post
    Elite lvl 80 De content, and dgn.

If you seen the lvl 40 dragon boss content, imagine fighting the lvl 80 one.
    In which a Dev have said this dragon compare to the lvl 80 elder dragons is a mouse compare to a lion.

These elder dragons you will have hundreds of other players with you when fighting them, the fight will be massive.

Then their the heavily De dgns, where every time you go through it a new experience.

So yes no Raids, however they replace them with other things.

Plus who knows, their most likely a ton of other content that their still hiding from us.

After all they have not shown any thing past like lvl 50.

So who knows all the wonders their is at lvl 80.
    That sounds interesting indeed, but I wonder how they'll be able to get out decently paced content with a no subscription fee. Thank you for the response.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds interesting indeed, but I wonder how they'll be able to get out decently paced content with a no subscription fee. Thank you for the response.
    Well here another response, Gw1 had no subscription fee, it sent out a expansion ever 6 months, which each expansion when first came out was sold for about $40. Until about 2 years ago, when they announce they will start focusing mainly on Gw2, since they started to make it in 2007, however it wasn't until 2009, that they gave it their main focus.

However still when any type of bug comes up, if pretty much fix right away on gw1.

Plus if they get 1mil+ people to buy it, they will not just get the money they need, they will make a lot.

So since the ori Gw sold 7mil copies, I am sure this will sell much more, because it by far better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Their is one thing you never put into a trap, if you smart, if you value your continual existence. If you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, their is one thing you never ever put into a trap, , ME//

I know have nothing to do with whats this thread is about, however it so true, I will kick any one arse.

Yeah, you're new here so I'll cut you some slack. Please refrain from spam posting. If you are going to post in a thread, please keep your post at least SOMEWHAT on topic. You'll avoid getting in trouble that way. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2011-10-26 at 05:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Sigh....
    Thank you very much for the video, was very enlightening. Sorry I'm a tad ignorant on how our money goes towards the content of MMOs, I was making an assumption based on what I knew, and I guess that assumption was horribly wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their is one thing you never put into a trap, if you smart, if you value your continual existence. If you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, their is one thing you never ever put into a trap, , ME//
    I don't know whether or not English is your first language or anything but that barely made any sense.

---------- Post added 2011-10-25 at 11:14 PM ----------

Thank you very much for the video, was very enlightening. Sorry I'm a tad ignorant on how our money goes towards the content of MMOs, I was making an assumption based on what I knew, and I guess that assumption was horribly wrong.
    The 15 bucks a month to WoW goes pretty much to share holder pocket books, it also helps pay for their support team and GM's I believe. But in reality, they can fund the rest of WoW for the next year and a half or so (at least) just off of their box sales (including all expansions)

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Sigh....
    this vid should be loaded at least once for people coming this (sub)forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    We need it as a header for each page I think...

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blznsmri how could you not understand that, so how would you write it.

10+ Year Old Account
    how our money goes towards the content of MMOs
    To be honest, Blizzard likes to overstate costs to justify their high charges. Paid realm transfers, faction changes and character customisations are an example of this. It costs them maybe a few thousand dollars in programmer salaries to develop the system, which they make back with the first few hours of it going live. Even take Blizzcon as another example. This year they made $4.7 million off of IRL ticket sales, which more than covered costs, but they still charge $40 for a virtual ticket. Why? Because in 2010 Blizzcon made $40 million in profit.

Now I don't want anyone to take this as Blizzard bashing, I just want to point out the profits made by a company that complains about it's costs.
    Last edited by Mif; 2011-10-26 at 04:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    I agree, I found it very enlightening and I'm sure it would kill the fears alot of people have over GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    To be honest, Blizzard likes to overstate costs to justify their high charges. Paid realm transfers, faction changes and character customisations are an example of this. It costs them maybe a few thousand dollars in programmer salaries to develop the system, which they make back with the first few hours of it going live. Even take Blizzcon as another example. This year they made $4.7 million off of IRL ticket sales, which more than covered costs, but they still charge $40 for a virtual ticket. Why? Because in 2010 Blizzcon made $40 million in profit.

Now I don't want anyone to take this as Blizzard bashing, I just want to point out the profits made by a company that complains about it's costs.
    So, blizzards the money grubbing crackwhore then?

I kid I kid.

---------- Post added 2011-10-25 at 11:31 PM ----------

Blznsmri how could you not understand that, so how would you write it.
    Punctuation and spelling. I think I get it now, but I had to read it a few times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, this is interesting:
    The new raid lockout changes for Taiwan and Korea adjust the lockout timers for the patch 4.0 and 4.2 raids. The lockout timers for these raids will now reset twice weekly instead of once. These raid lockout changes are being made to allow players to raid more often and get more chances at epic loot drops. Players will be able to down current Cataclysm raid bosses twice a week, accelerating players’ progression.

We are testing these new raid lockout changes in Taiwan and Korea first. Our goal is to expand this change to other regions in the future, but we don’t have anything further to announce at this time with regard to North American implementation.
    Planning to play both GW2 and Wow were you? Well Blizz just made their first move to try to limit your time to their game only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, this is interesting:
    Planning to play both GW2 and Wow were you? Well Blizz just made their first move to try to limit your time to their game only.
    I wouldn't just limit it to GW2 but yeah... "Must hold subs", "must tack on more things to an engine that can't handle it," "must offer yearly subs with deal to inflate sub numbers for share holders"

They're not limiting. You can't speak in the negative in that sense. They're making a "positive" change, giving you more options to spend your time in their game. And in all honesty, this seems more directed at the more recent game releases than GW2.

Anyways, I really don't see a ton of people (this might just be my opinion speaking and be completely wrong) clamoring at the chance to run the same instances TWICE a week instead of just once. I got bored with the 4.0 raids in a little under a month (didn't completely them all, granted, but still got bored), doing them all over again isn't really that appealing to me : /

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    They're not limiting. You can't speak in the negative in that sense. They're making a "positive" change, giving you more options to spend your time in their game. And in all honesty, this seems more directed at the more recent game releases than GW2.

Anyways, I really don't see a ton of people (this might just be my opinion speaking and be completely wrong) clamoring at the chance to run the same instances TWICE a week instead of just once. I got bored with the 4.0 raids in a little under a month (didn't completely them all, granted, but still got bored), doing them all over again isn't really that appealing to me : /
    It not just that, it just seems Blizz is doing all type of stuff to try and fight against Gw2.

Now if Mop comes out before Gw2, which I feel is what blizz is trying to do.

That will be the last straw, I from their will never look highly upon Blizz again.

Because Mop feels like it was made to say, we had it first so Gw2 is just a copy of us, who upgraded a bit.

On top of that, the systems in MoP does not, even seem like their was fully thought out, more like half way thrown together, to knock down Gw2.

Which I hope I am wrong, however just frustrates me.

EDIT uh and Edge yes that post I did on the page before this one is spam, however if you connect the dots it can lead to Gw2.

First the saying was from Doctor who, and who said it is Matt Smith, who is got me interested in Gw in the first place.
    Last edited by EsLightning; 2011-10-26 at 05:52 AM.

the "annual pass" in itself is already enough to prove how desperate they're growing as GW2 (and/or SW:TOR for that matters) release is approaching.
    what's next? requiring people to run a 6 months wow account in order to activate D3? -_-

blizzard is not only fighting againt GW 2, also rift, sw:tor. THey trying hard atm to hold thier playerbase up so they can keep earning the big money.

Since when did this thread suddenly become a discussion of how desperate WoW is to hold onto subs as GW2 and other popular MMOs are fast approaching release?

Yes, of course they will do everything they can to keep players interested and committed to their game. Being surprised by any such announcements should not happen to anyone half aware of what is going on in the industry.

Back ON TOPIC:
    Anyone else pumped for the possibility of a closed beta in november? I'm keen to see if the rumours of the beta starting within the first half of November actually hold up. It would be a huge deal for the fan base and I'm sure will get the hype machine going again. Also, super keen for WvWvW info especially a little more about the bonuses realms get and how they will allow guilds to claim keeps.