15+ Year Old Account
    I do hope I get in. Of course, if I do then it'll be contending with Skyrim for my time.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowdy View Post
    blizzard is not only fighting againt GW 2, also rift, sw:tor. THey trying hard atm to hold thier playerbase up so they can keep earning the big money.
    Sorry but Rift failed vs WoW.

Rift barely had 1mil, and now it gone down over time to about 700k. So sorry but it cannot really even hurt WoW. A game like Swtor with already 3mil+ preorders could. Not being mean, but Rift failed on a lot of it promises.

EDIT IMPORTANT ALL READ Arenanet have already said only relatives, and close friends will be allow in the close beta.

SO all of you sorry, you can't get in the beta.
    Last edited by EsLightning; 2011-10-26 at 06:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EsLightning View Post
    Sorry but Rift failed vs WoW.

Rift barely had 1mil, and now it gone down over time to about 700k. So sorry but it cannot really even hurt WoW. A game like Swtor with already 3mil+ preorders could. Not being mean, but Rift failed on a lot of it promises.

EDIT IMPORTANT ALL READ Arenanet have already said only relatives, and close friends will be allow in the close beta.

How did rift fail? It's a relatively small company, and they made the second most popular MMORPG in the western world. 700000 subs is a lot, you know.

Also, afaik, the F&F stage is already happening, closed beta will include other people, it wouldn't be much of a beta otherwise.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

In my opinion the Bi-Weekly reset is going to hurt WoW more than help it. It's going to allow people to get through content faster, meaning they have to churn it out faster to keep people interested (which I very much doubt they'd manage), and it'll result in people getting burned out alot faster on the ridiculous grind, so they'll end up looking for other games to enjoy that are fun and don't feel like a second (and third) job.

Cue GW2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EsLightning View Post

No that's closed alpha. Closed beta will be open to the public, although how many people are allowed in and how we sign up is yet to be announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    I have high hopes for GW2 on a personal level (i don't much care if it becomes popular or knocks wow down only reason i would want alot of people to get GW2 is so arenanet get a bigger budget :P) I've been spreading the GW2 infection to my friends and i already have a group of 7 or so people i know in real life coming on with me (some are even getting laptops in time for GW2 just so they can play it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    How did rift fail? It's a relatively small company, and they made the second most popular MMORPG in the western world. 700000 subs is a lot, you know.
    I'm not saying Rift failed but I know (almost for sure) that it's not the second most popular MMO in the western world...

But yeah in a vague attempt to be on topic...

Alpha Stages are friends and family, closed betas are select few (thousands) people and open beta is anyone that want's to apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    /waves hand
    You will leave this topic alone.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    /waves hand
    You will leave this topic alone.
    You'd need to spend points in Dominate Mind for that to work!

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Kind of ironic for you to be talking about poor forum behaviour first thing back after your forum temp ban.
    And what does that have to do with anything, besides making you look like a *snip*?

Besides, apparently someone sent the new moderators to the school of GW2Guru moderating.

Let's keep the name calling to a minimum, especially after already receiving a ban (i.e. next infraction gets you a longer ban). -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2011-10-26 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    And what does that have to do with anything, besides making you look like a douchebag?

Besides, apparently someone sent the new moderators to the school of GW2Guru moderating.
    Talking about poor forum behavior while behaving poorly on a forum.

Therein lies the hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Talking about poor forum behavior while behaving poorly on a forum.

Therein lies the hypocrisy.
    I'm talking about the community attitude, primarily discussing GW2 in a positive light and keeping it away from the "lolol wow-killer" talk.... Which has nothing to do with fucking forum etiquette. That has been the case for the most part until a few days ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    I'm talking about the community attitude, primarily discussing GW2 in a positive light and keeping it away from the "lolol wow-killer" talk.... Which has nothing to do with fucking forum etiquette. That has been the case for the most part until a few days ago.
    Because up until a few days ago Acti-Blizz wasn't ripping off ideas from Developing and Released MMO's (and RPG's in Pokemon's case). If a third party MMO does something similar to WoW it's instantly called a WoW-Clone, but if WoW does something similar to another game its "Innovation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Last warning.

Drop the bashing of eachother, WoW, Rift, or whatever else you can think of.

The topic is GW2, and that can be talked about without talking down about other games.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Because up until a few days ago Acti-Blizz wasn't ripping off ideas from Developing and Released MMO's (and RPG's in Pokemon's case). If a third party MMO does something similar to WoW it's instantly called a WoW-Clone, but if WoW does something similar to another game its "Innovation."
    That's the point, let GW2, SW:TOR, etc. speak for themselves instead of looking for the new reason why Blizzard is the devil looking to consume the souls and wallets of all gamers. Then you have a moderator saying to drop the issue (albeit after joining in on the bashing himself) yet it continues without consequence. Oh, that's not true, I saw another long time poster get banned for trying to defend MoP.

But yeah, my opinion in a completely unrelated forum is obviously invalid because I was banned for telling someone umadbro? That's a new low in the extreme lows that occur daily on these forums from a poster who I used to respect. Defending him so ardently on it isn't helping your case, either.

The initial joke I laughed at, it seemed all in good fun, and I am by no means oversensitive like a decent number of others around here. It was what followed that made me facepalm repeatedly.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think this topic needs more Charr. Specifically a very fuzzy and soft Charr. A Charr I would like to add to my small collection of soft, fuzzy stuffed animals. :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I think this topic needs more Charr. Specifically a very fuzzy and soft Charr. A Charr I would like to add to my small collection of soft, fuzzy stuffed animals. :'(
    The only charr I like are the ones that make up my coats...

Deleted
    I love the smell of barbecued Asura in the morning...

15+ Year Old Account
    They better add in an asura punting mini game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I love the smell of barbecued Asura in the morning...
    Not as much as this: