I'm utter shit. Haven't played FPS in a couple years. I have like 76 kills and 90ish deaths. =/ I also used to be pretty good with flying the helicopter, now I just suck. The controls feel very odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    He he, Aussie street date for BF3 was broken, just picked up my copy, can't wait to play this! It's getting to the point in Aus where it's big news when a game doesn't break street date

This games infantry combat is absolutely subpar, Vehicle physics are still as fucking awfull as they were in BF2 and character and weapon animations are retarded. Not to mention EA has some of the worst servers around. This game is Def no living up to its hype.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2011-10-26 at 07:29 AM.

So I was just poking around on metacritic for giggles...I love that site.

1/10
    "Meh, i think they made a big mistake releasing this game on origin, I'm voting on a game i don't actually own for the reason that i don't support using origin. Does that make my vote invalid? Maybe yes maybe no.. It gets a big fat zero for failing the first test of game exposure."
    Yeah boi. User reviews are the best sometimes.

Deleted
    Can't wait to play it tomorrow. Stupid EU release dates.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post

That one is hilarious lol. Shame, why do such reviewers even have the rights to review.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

So aussie retailers sold it early. i just picked up a ps3 copy from Dick Smiths for 79.95.

The first place i tried, Gametraders, the owner told me 109.95 (pretty big difference), but his stock hadn't come in yet. And he could see other Gametraders outlets making sales i think, on his database or w/e. Poor bloke

Anyway, i have been unable to connect to anything online, and i assume this is because its not technically released yet. at least, i hope

"Actually ( 26.10. 00:35 CET) we investigating some Multiplayer Server problems. We keep you updated!"

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4347700335658/

nerf mortars

srsly

Well I guess it's fine in conquest. But on Rush: arghhh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    Can't wait to play it tomorrow. Stupid EU release dates.
    Change your IP to Korean/US or something. Im sure theres tons of english written guides out there by now, so I wont link you a guide in my language. Just change your IP back to your default after you've activated the game, whole process shouldnt take more than 30 seconds, and then you can enjoy this fantastic experience early =D
    This is legal! And not bannable.

Im just curious as what COD will do..At this point, I can't see any way they'll be able to compete with this..Every single problem I ever had during 35-40hours of beta, has been fixed - and more so. 500 points for flag caps? You barely see a sniper trying for 1k headshots anymore.
    And yes, there is some lag on the 64 slots servers. But that is fixed by simply not playing on EA's servers!
    Loving it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nnmama View Post
    Has anyone else had problems downloading the game. We picked it up this afternoon and it's been downloading for 4 hours.
    lol i downloaded the game and instaled in 15 min

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    This games infantry combat is absolutely subpar
    All the infantry maps I've played on have been awesome. The bottlenecks that can b(and are) created are awesome.

Vehicle physics are still as fucking awfull as they were in BF2
    Elaborate on this. Seems ok for me, but I might be thinking of something else.

and character and weapon animations are retarded.
    Really?! Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally?!!!! Are you just moaning for the sake of moaning? The character animations are some of the most realistic you will find, and the weapon animations actually look authentic unlike the plastic weapons of BFBC2 and are on par (if not better) than CoD.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post

Some of the professional reviews that I'm seen on there, not just for this game, are equally hilarious in their variation. Does anyone take Metacritic seriously anymore?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    This games infantry combat is absolutely subpar, Vehicle physics are still as fucking awfull as they were in BF2 and character and weapon animations are retarded. Not to mention EA has some of the worst servers around. This game is Def no living up to its hype.
    I cant comment on the servers but everything else you said is plain wrong, even in the beta with some bug problems the infantry combat was superb, vehicles behaved well and as expected and all the animations are top notch special mention goes to the weapons for me, they are well modeled and feel great

just gonna leave this here.

Also, Zeta - I know those are your opinions but this time around I disagree with you. Vehicles handle nicely and are visually appealing when others are using them (like a cobra slamming into the bridge 100 yards from you and rolling into a fireball). Character and weapon animations are tight and only the sporadic lag can make you look wonky when leaping over something. There are some stupid things going on with servers though (rubberbanding) but apparently it is known and is being looked at.

All in all, I played for about 5 hours in MP last night. Haven't had that much fun in a fps in a while. Sometimes lag screws you but the fun stuff out weighs that. For example -

Georgevon was like "hey get in my chopper justin!" and I'm like "woooooooooord!!" So I did. And we proceed to crash and we both died. Hilarious. Assault is a tad OP when you play the class right. Once you realize that you can get first place in score and XP by just playing a medic, there is no reason at all to even try and kill anyone. I find a bottleneck, whip out the old defib and just revive everyone who drops. Add in med pack ticks, squad bonuses and people spawning on me and I get 4-5K points per map.

Deleted
    Im not able to play Multiplayer
    Unfortunately a technical problem occurred

We will take care of it so soon everything is back to normal.

Try to go back home or to select
    So yeah Battlelog SUX.

Ok now im able to join but whats that. 15 games and i got 10x ur connection lost and 5 times U got kicked by server admin.. lol
    Last edited by mmoc7c65a89fe9; 2011-10-26 at 01:14 PM.

All the infantry maps I've played on have been awesome. The bottlenecks that can b(and are) created are awesome.
    Nothing is wrong with the ballance per say its just the way it works is horrible in this game, hard to describe but comparing it to other games that involve infantry combat and its pretty much at the bottom of the list.

Elaborate on this. Seems ok for me, but I might be thinking of something else.
    Tanks jeeps and what not get hung up on small outcroppings like in the past 15 BF games, vehicles react unrealisticly when hitting a wall, boats dont drive correctly, Choppers a a bit meh since i think i just havnt goten the hang of them. But basically vehicles are having the same problem they have been having in every past BF game. Though not as bad as 2142.

Really?! Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally?!!!! Are you just moaning for the sake of moaning? The character animations are some of the most realistic you will find, and the weapon animations actually look authentic unlike the plastic weapons of BFBC2 and are on par (if not better) than CoD.
    You must be blind or not know what real guns look like, the models are not close to high quality even on the pc version, Not only does almost every single guns idle animation have the wrong origins but reload animations clip like crazy, weapons are held in the wrong positions [lol holding m16 by the mag instead of the grip?] Look at someone in thirdperson view, the guns are shouldered into the middle or middle right of their chest, no where near where they should go. Firing animation as the past BF games are overexagerated.

lets not forget how terrible EA's servers were yesterday, somthing the supposed Beta tested for.

I am having a blast with the game so far. Few issues here and there. Anybody notice how "unbalanced" the leveling process is when it comes to big vs small maps? For example, I can get A LOT of points if I play a full round of Rush on Metro. I'll be damned if I get anywhere close to those kind of points in a big map like Caspian border though. Not only does it take longer to find an enemy, but usually they are in a tank or heli so your either outgunned, or it takes you a few minutes to kill them. Maybe I shouldnt compare the two, but in the Beta I played about 5 hours and got to rank 22. I have played a little over 5 hours and I am rank 9. I am seriously contemplating playing smore "infantry" maps like Metro or Bazaar until I unlock a few things I want, because this grind is very slow. Anybody else having this issue? (Doesnt help that on multiple occcasions I have been "booted from the server by admin" after spending 20 minutes racking up a great score, and the game not acknowledging or saving it, so I lose everything I did in that game).

Keybindings

Anyone else having problems with keybindings? I've played with really weird keybindings for a long time now and BF3 isn't liking them. I use q and e for strafe left/right, however q is bound already to something else. So if I unbind q, or change the original binding that was q to something else(which originally it's for team commands and such), it will let me strafe with q, but it will still bring up the team commands. It's extremely hard trying to adapt to such a big change like movement, especially going from game a, where it's what I'm used to, into game b, where it's something different. Anyone else experiencing this or know of an easy fix for it?

Haven't had this much fun in an FPS in a loooooooooong time.