Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow Priest abilities in Mists?

Do you think that all priests will get silence and psy horror? or just shadow priests? or will they do away with them all together. The reason I ask is I dont see either of the two in the trees. While I am aware that each will get their own skill I do hope all shadow priests get silence and psy horror. What do you think will happen?

Deleted
    Can't say for sure but I think Disc would be a little too powerful in Arenas with a disarm and a silence :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Silence will remain in game, possibly available to all specs of Priests, but will most likely be only available to Shadow. Psychic Horror (if it remains in game) will certainly remain Shadow. Only Purple Priests are scary enough to make even the most battle hardened, mouth frothing, whirlwind of steel that is a Warrior drop his weapon, while rooted to the spot pissing his plate pants with horror. We must remind them of a bad experience with a nun while at Warcraft school.

Though, we are getting an additional CC from the first tier no matter what we choose. So maybe one will be removed from our roster. Maybe Shackle Undead

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

I get the feeling that this is one of those things they meant when they talked about spec specific abilities being awarded at certain levels, in addition to core abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Though, we are getting an additional CC from the first tier no matter what we choose. So maybe one will be removed from our roster. Maybe Shackle Undead
    That's not really an extra, it's pretty much the old Psychic Scream slot. It gives you, essentially, a choice of keeping Psychic Scream or one of the two new ones. Assume a Shadow Priest still gets their old CCs and picks up Psychic Scream, it wouldn't be any different really than a Shadow Priest now that has Psychic Scream while having the other existing CCs.
    Last edited by Purple; 2011-10-24 at 09:11 PM.

Being able to have Silence as a PvE shadow priest would be really exciting imo!

Thread title changed to better reflect the question. --Kel

I really think that Silence will still be in the game as a Shadow Exclusive. It's just great that a Shadow Priest wouldn't be giving up DPS to get it now. Also, maybe we can see its cooldown drop if used on things immune to silence?

As for Psychic Horror, well that remains to be seen.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

When it boils down, we have no idea what skills will be modified/merged/deleted/added.

BUT running on pure speculation, I'm going to say Silence and PH will remain exclusive to shadow.

As for the tangent of SPriests with P. Scream.... TENTACLES FTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

yeah unfortunately the new talent trees dont really mean much when we don't know the spec abilities. Untill we can find out what abilities we will be getting it'll just be guessing. I hope that 2 ability spots arent wasted on Psy Horror and Silence if we only have a small number available to us.

Deleted
    You can have silence in your spec without a DPS loss now. Remove 2 points from Masochism and 1 point from mental agility. I cant even remember the last time I was even close to going OOM in a fight.

Learn your class guys.

Deleted
    MoP's Void shift is great troll in pvp lmao.

Deleted
    Dont spec Imp MB, its what i did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supraah View Post
    Dont spec Imp MB, its what i did.
    Thats a DPS loss though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lekiki View Post
    Thats a DPS loss though
    Hardly.

It's not an optimal choice to drop points out of Imp MB especially once you have the 4pc T12 bonus. It is a dps loss to do that... it might not be 10k dps loss or anything, but it is a loss and any loss for a talent that is pointless on all boss fights except one seems like a horrible choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not a loss if you don't keep MB on cooldown - but since you pretty much should be keeping it on cooldown.....

Napkin Math:

My single target is about 32k.
    MB single target is what percent of total damage? Like 20-25?
    25% of 32k = 8k
    I have imp. MB, so that's a 6.5s cooldown.
    A 1.5 second longer CD assuming no change in behaviour (so equal likelihood of delaying an MB for an orb sometimes, or finishing casts while the MB cooldown is coming back up) is a 25% increase in MB cooldown.
    25% less mind blasts = -2k dps

That's not really "barely" a dps loss, even if those numbers are so grossly estimated that they are double the experienced loss in practice (which I think is highly unlikely, but given I did this in my head while reading your question it could be) - that's still a 1k dps loss - some would argue thats too much for essentially... nothing.

IMO - just tell your guild Yvaelle promoted you to full-shadow, and you now walk around with two shadow specs
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Lekiki View Post
    You can have silence in your spec without a DPS loss now. Remove 2 points from Masochism and 1 point from mental agility. I cant even remember the last time I was even close to going OOM in a fight.

Learn your class guys.
    Take away the 2pc12 bonus, and you'll be using Dispersion on cooldown the second you either have to recast because of a miss, or a secondary target to DoT up. Madochism is a better safety net than Dispersion. Not to mention Masochism procs on raid hits, keeping your mana high enough without ever casting Death.

Because you know, 2pc12 is baseline

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    If we whine enough, it will come. QQ
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Hell, they need to give Silence back to us now. Having to spend 3 talents points for Silence is just dumb as I much rather have that then a disarm for PvE. Make the PvPers who are going to use a shorter CD on their fear spend the 3 points as a shorter CD on fear is useless in PvE too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    5 weeks of valor caps? IMPOSSIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    5 weeks of valor caps? IMPOSSIBLE.
    Tier 11 and, I dunno, the next level of content would like to have a word with you.